Artizan

[MOC] Midi-Scale Republic Gunship Laat/i

indexed.gif

Can't afford the big gunship set and find the mini version boring? Then try the midi-scale!

This is my Midi-scale version of republic gunship, also known as LAAT. Features include side cannons, opening side hatches, a snot top,rocket system, and a rear gun. The model is very swooshable too.

3704876946_53d2c3b98c.jpg

(Pic is a link to the Gallery)

Please feel free to leave feedback and comments.

Edited by Artizan

A well done Midi-scale version of the LAAT-i, I like this version better than the original Midi-scale version, wait a sec there isn't one.

I love it. :wub:

Maybe you could make some nose decals, it looks a bit empty.

Nice part use for those side gun turrets, and do I spot some flick-fire missile piece for the guns. :thumbup:

the Inventor

That's awesome, it'll look good beside the midi falcon. as the Inventor said, it'll look better with decals

wow! awesome. You have scaled it perfectly to midi scale. I really like the cockpit pieces they do a really good job for the glass and they are a great size. The grey front you better in lime green in my opinion but the model is awesome right now.

Fantastic work!

WOW this is AWESOME!!! :wub: you've got the scale down perfectly :thumbup:

like the others said it just needs decals on the nose tip :wink: and some Lime green or Blue and Red pieces on the nose aswell :wink:

Well done again!!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Very nicely done. I think TLG should do a midi-scale LAATi and yours will be a very nice template for them. Maybe they should jusy buy the design off you.

Very nice MOC. I actually really like the whole mid-scale idea, and it would be great if Lego would continue it. It would be great if you could post a size comparison shot because from this picture it is hard to tell how big it really is.

thanks you guys for the nice comments :classic: I might scale down the official stickers and apply them on the MOC but i cannot promise. Also i'll put a pic of it in my hand so you can get the scale. i think its size is similar to midi-millenium falcon.

This is great! :wub:

Do you own the mid-scale MF?

I´d love to see both next to each other. :cry_happy:

Wow, what a great idea! I never would have thought to make a Midi-Scale MOC like this! :tongue: Great job, I love the detail, and perfect shaping! :thumbup:

Nice. Really, really nice.

The lines are excellent, the cockpit pieces are well chosen - as are the side gunpods - and I think it's very cool you've got cargo doors (though they should be a stud or two taller).

Can you do one in blue next?

That surely looks like an awesome model of one of my favorite vehicles in the SW Universe.

I have both the Mini Version (scattered in parts for a long time) and the CW Gunship (sadly still in the box waiting to be built) and this surely looks like a mid-way between those two (from the eye, I couldn't care less about scales and such honestly).

I will have to agree with some of the previous posters, on the fact it would look a lot better with some decals. It just looks a bit "empty" this way.

Otherwise, it's a great MOC you've got there. :wink:

Cheers

I think you did an awesome job on this midi-scale LAAT, it could have been a TLC design :wub:

I'm more of a minifigure scale person but can really enjoy the mini and midi scales.

Great job :thumbup:

Nice work Artizan!

You've captured the sleek shapes and details really well - great use of crystal-ball parts too! Not to mention the new scale... it'd be interesting to compare if LEGO ever do their own version.

I like the composited action-shot - though your model looks a wee bit stretched in that picture for some reason? No worries though!

Edited by pedro

Can't afford the big gunship set and find the mini version boring? Then try the midi-scale!

This is my Midi-scale version of rebuplic gunship, also known as LAAT. Features include side cannons, opening side hatches, a snot top,rocket system, and a rear gun. The model is very swooshable too.

3704876946_53d2c3b98c.jpg

(Pic is a link to the Gallery)

Please feel free to leave feedback and comments.

You got the likeness done very well :) How long was the build time?

hey thanks again everyone,i wasnt able to reply because i was away for two weeks.

i decided i am done with this model so unfortunately no decals. i am planning to do more midi-scale models soon, so wait for it.