Kaitan

[MOC] Cloud City WIP

indexed.gif

First off, apologies for being a bit of a lurker the last few months, life got a bit hectic for me. I was here checking out everyones mocs and news, I just didn't have time to comment - sorry!

Anyway, life has slowed down somewhat :) and given me time to work on this - Cloud City. I must stress this is a work in progress and this is only about a fifth of the final model - I've yet to make the rest of the corridor, the "light well", leia's apartment, the bit where theepio gets shot, and the dining room. Even this part isn't really finished - the far back wall is just a baseplate propped up to stop you seeing my desk :) there will be a proper wall there soon:))

Let me know what you think (as if you need me to ask :) )

Kaitan

3704394179_3e83b5b8d2_o.jpg

UPDATE 20th August

Added "stairway and window" section - (the first part of the corridor)

3838602065_7bc4b4420b_o.jpg

3839391244_d26bdea812_o.jpg

3839391354_3b2ab99d04_o.jpg

A long shot

3838602481_ca9788fe5d_o.jpg

Lobot in contemplative mood.

3839391660_0624859782_o.jpg

"That sounds like an R2 unit....."

3838602675_757ab81f26_o.jpg

"No Luke, it's a trap!!!"

3839391842_829ca9be19_o.jpg

A busy day in Cloud City - Populance courtasy of my 'spares' box.

3839391938_40f7672aa9_o.jpg

CW clone heads make good ugnaughts :tongue:

3839392058_7e7b23f0d0_o.jpg

An overview with the ceiling and all the removable walls off.

Edited by Kaitan

this is coming out really beatiful :thumbup: i always wanted to create something similar, but never had the time nor the parts to create it. cant wait to see it finished! the wall details are outstanding and the ornament(dont know what that really is) looks great.

WOW. This is one of those double take MOC's that look so real at first glance you don't believe they are Lego creations. It's fantastic. When you say WIP does that mean its part of something bigger because it sure looks complete in what you have presented here. Really beautiful! :thumbup:

Fantastic work so far, taking on Cloud city is a massive task. I had thought of having a crack myself one day. What are you using for reference? Movie? Lego Star Wars game? Cross sectional books?

I would be very curious to see.

Cheers

Very impressive! I can't wait to see the other sections. Great work.

When you say WIP does that mean its part of something bigger because it sure looks complete in what you have presented here. Really beautiful! :thumbup:

Thanks :) Yep I'm planning to do most of the rest of the cloud city set (i.e. a big corridor with a few rooms! ), minus the carbon freezing chamber and the other bit where Luke and Vader fought (other people have done it better than I have the skill or patience to do :) )

Fantastic work so far, taking on Cloud city is a massive task. I had thought of having a crack myself one day. What are you using for reference? Movie? Lego Star Wars game? Cross sectional books?

I would be very curious to see.

Cheers

I'm using screen captures from the movie - the original cut. The special edition is very confusing because the changes thay made aren't consistant - e.g. they put alot of windows in one scene, then when the characters run past later on, the windows have changed, or have gone completely! :) Besides, I'm not going for a completely faithful rendition, just a 'feel' of cloud city-ness :))

wow! awesome. I really love how you did the greeblings on the wall they look like they did in the movie. I really like the light emitter thing it looks like the on from the game. Your use of tiles is so good and nothing looks out of place.

Great work and look forward to seeing more! (If theres any :classic: )

Ooh! Great work so far. The cieling is the first thing that caught my eye. Ican't wait to see how large and impressive the final product will be. Good luck! :thumbup:

It's beautiful, totally awesome! I can't wait to see the final stages of this, please keep us constantly updated!

Very nice. I love the detail on the walls as well as the art piece in the middle. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

I'll admit that I am not much of a Star Wars fan and have no idea what Cloud City is but I am really impressed with your MOC. Very clean design, finished tile floor, minifigs appear to be in motion, and a great ceiling.

WOW :oh: ....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I really can't wait to see what this is gonna be like in the future. :wub:

Keep updating us constantly, even if you have only done alittle more floor. :tongue::laugh:

This is going to be GREAT, im looking forward to the next update already :laugh:

GREAT job and im soooo looking forward to more :sweet:

CommanderFox

this is BEAUTIFUL! great work. the walls are perfect, even the ceilin is very well done! the atmosphere is exactly the atmosphere in the film. looking forward for some new pics!

Its very nice. Well done. I love the way the minifigures are in motion. You definitely paid attention to details with the legs movement, head turning etc. Love to see the rest of it.

Awesome work Kaitan, I can't wait to see the classic dining room scene...Will Darth Vader be interrogating them over a three course banquet?? Or maybe pizzas??

Very good job; you got the perfect matching likeness; are you working on any more sets from the film?

Its rare to see work like this often :)

How long did it take to build?

Have you or anyone done Emperor's throne room?

Really beautiful shot. It does strike me as something from the video game, which is as good of place as any to get inspiration.

Simply stunning, you capture the look of the actual movie almost perfectly. I can't wait to see the other parts of your MOC, if they are anything like this they should be very, very good. :thumbup:

That's a beautiful scene, the cloud city design is very well executed, great angle of view.

I eagerly anticipate the rest of your work... :classic:

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Welcome back Kaitan! Your MOC looks awesome and definitly has the movie "feeling". :cry_happy:

Very nice details. I'm looking forward to your next MOC.

Very good job; you got the perfect matching likeness; are you working on any more sets from the film?

Nope, this is going to take up a bit of my time for a while :) I did do the Tantive IV though, its here

Its rare to see work like this often :)

How long did it take to build?

Thanks, not really sure how long its taken, I've been planning it for a few months, collecting info, references and bricks. Actual build time for the part you see in the picture was probably about 4-5 hours

Have you or anyone done Emperor's throne room?

I haven't but I have seen several around...

Incredible, looks just like it did in the movie. I can't wait to see the rest of it!

Wow, very nice! I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Wow! That looks almost exactly like how it does in LEGO Star Wars II (I just borrowed it from the library 2 days ago :tongue:)! :classic:

Your fountain looks better than the game's version, as well as the wall greebles. Nice work, and I can't wait to see the whole thing!