Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

EB News Reviews: 3633 Fabuland Motor Boat

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

1.jpg

Hello ladies and gentlemen, it is me again, the ever vigilant and popul-

*large hook comes on/stage and pulls him off*

I knew that thing was a good investment. Now while Larry gets WhiteFang out of the closet, ImperialShadows is getting our guest, Sinner aka Siegfried. Today we will be reviewing 3633 Motorboat, another small Fabuland set!

Name: Motor Boat

Theme: LEGO / Fabuland

Year: 1986

Pieces: 14

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$5.25

Resources: Brickset, Peeron

3.jpg

Here's my little boat-y taken apart. Look at those curves! :wub:

Clean up in isle 1, we have a walrus saliva spill.

4.jpg

This is the helm, and this is how you start her.

*takes notes*

That is a very nice looking one.

5.jpg

So Sinner, a while ago there was a discussion about yer.. thing.

Don't go there.

I was wondering, can we borrow it to use as a Johnson Rod?

He had to go there.

*Grrrr*

*Whiiir*

*CRASH*

6.jpg

Excuse us, did you loose a strange white thing, about yey high and mildly annoying?

Errr... Apologies, my mate and I will help you to retrieve him out of there.

7.jpg

You nutter! How did you even manage to drive it on land?

He has a talent for doing things like this.

8.jpg

Here is a fish Mr.Seal, I am sorry bout your boat.

Psst, kid, he's a walrus. :hmpf:

Mr. Walrus :grin:

9.jpg

Get back here you little red robot! I will shove this fish so far up your...

Jeez! Just say you don't like tuna, no need to make a scene!

2.jpg

This reminds me of my younger days... Back when I had some dignity. Before I joined EB News...

Oh, that scene, I remember you puked on me when you are feeling seasick...

I don't actually get seasick, I was just losing all of my integrity in one shot and figured it might as well end up on you. :laugh:

Shadow's Opinion: Staudie is an idiot. What's not to love here? Well, aside from the fact that I tried ordering a yellow Fabuland rowboat once on BL, paid for the order, then the seller told me they couldn't find it... Whatever the case, this is a great set. I give it a 972. :thumbup:

Hinckley's Opinion: FABULAND RULEZ :wub::thumbup: numbered rating systems SUCK, Shadows! :sick::thumbdown:

That wasn't really him, you know, but I'm sure the sentiment is accurate. Matter of fact, I'd give it a 9 for accuracy. Not a 9 out of any number, just a 9. :grin:

Stauder's Opinion: A simple build, but nice boat hull piece, and the design is not too bad either. All Fabuland sets have a certain charm after seeing the possibilities.

WhiteFang's Opinion: A very nice addition to my Fabuland collection. More importantly, this Fabuland figure shall serve as a very good sigfig for Siegfried. This set is extremely easy to build, and some of these parts are really very nice, especially the boat.

*Signal Fades*

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

That was a good and funny review, EB News team! :classic:

I hope to see more in the future! :laugh:

EDIT: By the way, you spelled Siegfried incorrectly around two times (once in the beginning, once in the end). :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

That was a good and funny review, EB News team! :classic:

I hope to see more in the future! :laugh:

It has been a long time since I last done something for EB News.

Thanks to ImperialShadows and Staudie for helping me out with the usual funny dialog input. :laugh:

Don't worry, there will be a few more coming up. :wink:

Edit: ILikePi, I have amended it. Thanks. :blush:

Actually I forgot to forward it to IS, so he will have to edit his way into this one :tongue:

Stauder.

Thanks to ImperialShadows and Staudie for helping me out with the usual funny dialog input. :laugh:
Actually I forgot to forward it to IS, so he will have to edit his way into this one :tongue:

:hmpf:

I'll go back and spice it up a bit, so if anyone has already read it, read it again in a little while. :laugh:

Ahh, I remember this boat! :wub: I used it for a short time after I lost my Steamboat to those darn monkeys. (Never play poker with monkeys; it's amazing what they do with their tails...) It was always too small though; oodles of power, great handling (for everyone except Stauder), stunning looks... but it all comes to naught if there's no room for your catch. On a similar note, even fishing was a problem. Thus I bought my Tugboat... but thanks for the great review! :sweet:

I thought you had forward it to Shadows earlier. :look:

:tongue:

I'll go back and spice it up a bit, so if anyone has already read it, read it again in a little while. :laugh:

Thanks! It's great to see you adding some nice touch into this.

Ahh, I remember this boat! :wub: I used it for a short time after I lost my Steamboat to those darn monkeys. (Never play poker with monkeys; it's amazing what they do with their tails...) It was always too small though; oodles of power, great handling (for everyone except Stauder), stunning looks... but it all comes to naught if there's no room for your catch. On a similar note, even fishing was a problem. Thus I bought my Tugboat... but thanks for the great review! :sweet:

This boat is too small for you to fish. I saw this set, as your first fishing boat, as you continue to build up your fishing resources. The steamboat looks real nice too. Geez, those Fabuland sets reminds me lots of memories. Glad you enjoyed viewing this review. :wink:

Ah yes, a true classic set which takes me back to where....i don't remember where i got it but i think it was my brother's.

The hull part is indeed great and the blue barrel top can also make a nice detail on any ship's deck.

Very funny and good review guys! :thumbup: