Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

[MOC] The Penguin's Homing Spider Droid MOD. )

indexed.gif

Gentlemen! ) It gives me great plesure again to present you my latest CIS vehicle MOD: Homing Spider Droid. ) Some of you may have the set and many that do say thai it looks silly, cartoonish and is hard to pose. )

Here I tried to mod it so that it looks like a mighty CIS vehicle, and to make it accurate to hight ans size. ) :classic:

Some of you may ask, why I chose such an odd subtitle. I think that the actual set is a but overloaded with useless details that make it look silly. You'll see what I mean. ) :sweet:

General view:

(You can see that it's taller than the original one and matches its "real" hight perfectly!)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now to the mods in detail.....

The legs mechanism:

(As you can see I've found, after multiple variants, a simple and easy-to-do variant how to make the machanism pose the legs in the correct posture. So that the connectors are "diagonal" to the body.)

3.jpg

The lower cannon:

(I got rid of all useless, in my opinion, details and left it like that. It looks more accurate that way. So you can see that more doesn't mean better..... :classic: )

4.jpg

The upper cannon and the "eye":

(The dark gray axle from the lower cannon can be effectively used to simplify the upper one. I really hated that trans-red dish in the original set, so I desided to make a amaller and more accurate "eye". )

5.jpg

The leg:

(I really hated the old huge "foot": that abomination reminded me of those terrible huge boots the clowns sear! :sick: And since I hate clowns, it was the first thing I got rid of. Again after countless variants I came to that simple construction that is great for posing and holds the entire droid perfectly. :classic: )

6.jpg

General view:

7.jpg

Bonus:

Oh, no! It has fallen!!!!!

8.jpg

Call the fire brigade!

250px-Firefighting_battle_droid.jpg

800px-Firefighting_battle_droids.jpg

Roger, roger!

9.jpg

10.jpg

"Hey, there's no fire here!"

11.jpg

General picture:

12.jpg

Thank you for your attention, gentlemen! I hope you liked it! ) :sweet:

Edited by KimT

Great work, Penguin!

The OG-9 Homing Spider Droid looks much more simple and accurate and looks like it has a better posture. :classic:

The firefighter droids also look great! :sweet:

Well done. :thumbup:

don't get me wrong but i like the official set better, but still great moc!i think you need to shorten the legs a bit, or increase the length of the leg connection pieces. love the fire droids between! :sweet:

Good MOCing! :thumbup: I love those fire droids! :cry_happy: The only thing I would like to see is the feet being larger. :classic:

Nice MOD, but the legs look a little too tall. If you shorten them a tad bit, then it will be perfect. :thumbup: The droids on the other hand are absolutely beautiful. May I ask where you buy your paints from, because I would love to make some of these as well as the gunner you posted in your MTT MOC?

While I like that you added height, I am not a big fan of the new feet. They just don't look very complete. I do like the custom Battle Droids though.

Edited by SWMAN

Gentlemen, before answering to your kind replies I must say that I'm very grateful for you advice, given to me here. I'll think what I can improve in my HSD. ) Thanks a lot! :classic::thumbup:

Great work, Penguin!

The OG-9 Homing Spider Droid looks much more simple and accurate and looks like it has a better posture. :classic:

The firefighter droids also look great! :sweet:

Well done. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot, ADHO15! ) :classic:

Indeed I find it better looking that way and after adding some details it will look even better, I hope! ) :classic:

Well, I also like my firefighting battle droids: i think they were great in the CW series! ) :sweet:

don't get me wrong but i like the official set better, but still great moc!i think you need to shorten the legs a bit, or increase the length of the leg connection pieces. love the fire droids between! :sweet:

Thanks a lot! ) It's a matter of taste, and i'm very grateful that you tell me frankly what you do not like about my creation. :classic: I guess you are right, and the legs should be shortened a bit. And i think I already know how to do it. ) :classic:

Great work! :thumbup:

I made my leg mechanism like that too, but I left the rest like it was.

Thank you! ) :sweet:

I'm glad that you've used my idea. ) Does it look better that way? ) :sweet:

Good MOCing! :thumbup: I love those fire droids! :cry_happy: The only thing I would like to see is the feet being larger. :classic:

Thanks! ) Yes, I'm thinking bout it. Though I frankly do not see much of a problem here, but I think i may try one thing..... Hm-m-m-m-m-m-m..... ) :classic:

Nice MOD, but the legs look a little too tall. If you shorten them a tad bit, then it will be perfect. :thumbup: The droids on the other hand are absolutely beautiful. May I ask where you buy your paints from, because I would love to make some of these as well as the gunner you posted in your MTT MOC?

Thanks for an advice! ) I've answered you in a PM, so I hope it helps. ) Still, it's Citadel miniatures paint from Games Workshop. ) :classic::thumbup:

While I like that you added height, I am not a big fan of the new feet. They just don't look very complete. I do like the custom Battle Droids though.

Thanks a lot. ) :classic: Please do check the Minifig customisation Forum from time to time, gentlemen. ) I'm planning to post my custom SW miniatures there soon. I hope you'll like them. ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Another great MOD, Penguin. I'm liking everything except the feat. The feat are actualy circles, I'd add one of these on the bottom of the foot. Well anyway, you did a good job with it, especialy the leg connection. And of course the droids look great.

Another great MOD, Penguin. I'm liking everything except the feat. The feat are actualy circles, I'd add one of these on the bottom of the foot. Well anyway, you did a good job with it, especialy the leg connection. And of course the droids look great.

Sorry for late reply. )

Thanks for the tip. ) I think I'll re-design it a bit soon. ) :thumbup:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet: