Sign in to follow this  
einsteinonthebeach

River Citadel MOC

indexed.gif

This is my latest MOC. It is a citadel built on top of a small mountain overlooking a river. It was on display at the LEGO Store at the Mall of America last May. This is my 4th large MOC since emerging from my dark ages. I hope you enjoy it!

dsc00579.jpg

Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/einsteinonthe...in/photostream/

Brickshelf (when public)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=389550

MLB

I always love the cliffs on these large MOCs. :wub: A very well built model, and it deserved being put on display. :thumbup: There is a lot of detail. The moat/river is looks great too, but it could use some trans white peices for waves/surf by the rocks. I suppose it depends on whether it is a river or not. :tongue: Apart from that very small thing, an excellent scene! :cry_happy:

Greetings,

JD

Congratulations on a really nice MOC :thumbup: I like this a lot. It has a good scale and symetry to it. They way it opens up right doen the middle surprised me. I was hoping it had an interior but the way you did it was very cool. The blue tudor in the back is also very nice. It an amazing castle. The only thing that just doesn't work for me is the chimney. It really great but it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the design in my eye it jumps out at me...but you did a great job building it none the less and it is a unique detail.

Wow, excelent MOC. The rocks are all well done, I like the weeds on them. All the windows look realy cool, the design you put in them is very unique. The little chimney on the tall tower looks fantastic, you did the brick effect well. The river is the only thing that takes away from the MOC, it doesn't look bad, it is just not as good as everything else.

Really nice castle; could have maybe used some dark bley bricks mixed in with all the light bley but it's hard to complain when you have that awesome chimney. :tongue:

Someone should give you a (is it "a" or "an?") MOC Expert badge right now! You did a tremendous job on this! I love the amazing detail, the snot, the SIZE! Everything about this resembles great elemnts from other Castle builder experts! This is just amazing! :wub:

Someone should give you a (is it "a" or "an?") MOC Expert badge right now! You did a tremendous job on this! I love the amazing detail, the snot, the SIZE! Everything about this resembles great elemnts from other Castle builder experts! This is just amazing! :wub:

It would be an "a". An is only used infront of words that start with a vowel.

I just saw the back of the chimney on flickr, it is wonderful.

Edited by cole

It would be an "a". An is only used infront of words that start with a vowel.

I just saw the back of the chimney on flickr, it is wonderful.

Well, I knew that, English is my native tongue, but: If you say "A Em Oh See" is sounds wrong, but "An Mock" sounds wrong.

Seeing as MOC is an acronym, I pronounce it as M.O.C.

Back on topic, how many baseplates were use to make that?

Edited by Darth Legolas

Very nice. I love the detail of both the interior and interior.

Wow. I've always loved citadels, and the very nice nature around it. I would, as others said, add some other shades of grey to make it look "brick-built" (real, not LEGO)

Thanks guys for the positive and constructive feedback, I really do appreciate it.

how many baseplates were use to make that?

It is built on 9 32x32 base plates. Of course the middle 3 are actually 6 16x32 base plates to allow it to split open.

MLB

And I DO enjoy it! :wub:

Beautiful castle! Great landscaping and details! :oh3:

I think there is another master of castles among us...

Really brilliant!

Do you take them apart when finished or will this MOC forever be built?

Really brilliant!

Do you take them apart when finished or will this MOC forever be built?

Thanks Dadster.

One half is torn down already. Once the pictures were taken yesterday I started to tear it apart. It has been built and on display at my house for about 3 months so it's definitely time to move on to the next project. Hopefully I'll start to churn out more MOCs with less down time in between.

MLB

That's really impressive, I never get bored of these beautifull castles and cliffs, All those details and little scenes are well executed. I really enjoyed looking through the gelleries!

:oh3: It even has an interior?! That's amazing! My favorite part would be that brick chimney. :wub: Love it! The jester with the fire sticks is also funny, and I like those double crossbow turrets at the top of the castle. Overall, a great job, a really, really, really great job. :sweet:

Thats awesome. :cry_happy: Looking at it, you would never expect it has an interior, and a great one at that. :wub: I really like the rock formations, and all the little scenes you have going on inside. Great work! :thumbup:

This is a fantastic Castle creation, I love all the detailing on the walls, though feel the bottom windows (with the trans red in them) are a little too wide and open, when one is looking to fortify a wall against attack. The keep is great and you have done a great job on the landscaping as well.

Cheers

ISC

Wow, very nice castle. I like all the architectural details and that the MOC splits in half so you can easily see the inside of the castle. However, for a castle, there seems to be a very venerable and unguarded back door. :classic:

I love this! The proportions give such a marvellous sense of "weight" to the building. Plus all the little details - it seems like all the minifigs have their own stories to tell. :grin:

And my first thought when I saw the rug in front of the fireplace in the blue building was "Ooh, a trapdoor?" - sadly not, but I still think it's an excellent MOC! :wink: