Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Galactic Paranoia: Imperials, Day 5

Galactic Paranoia: Imperials, Day 5

Shafted!

Everyone gathers for the morning meeting. There are a lot of tired eyes in the room. Seems it was a long night.

Grand Admiral Volrik looks at the group with disappointment: "I get up at 04:30 every day. I'm an early riser. None of that "up all night" business for me. No sir, I'm not about to be laying around in bed all day when there are things to take care of. I really can't abide people who don't get the job done, sleeping late, standing around talking about nothing, annoying everyone around them."

Admiral Blaire: "Right! Speaking of which, Pvt. Signicious Drumthwack was found dead at the bottom of a turbolift shaft this morning."

Grand Admiral Volrik: "How is that a speaking of which? Clearly, he was one of those up all night types and now he definitely won't be rising early or getting any work done."

Admiral Blaire: "Um, the point is that we agreed that he was a spy and a randomly chosen member of the team was supposed to assist him to the hereafter."

Grand Admiral Volrik: "Ah. I don't see the connection, but carry on anyway."

Admiral Blaire: "Well, it's just that someone else got there first. :wacko: Here's the footage, with audio."

Grand Admiral Volrik: "Anyone have popcorn?" :devil:

signicious_001sm.jpg

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Doot, de doot. I'm so happy! I've finally found what I was looking for!"

signicious_002sm.jpg

Unidentified figure: "Hello, Drumthwack."

signicious_003sm.jpg

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Aaaaah! You almost scared the life out of me. You shouldn't sneak up on someone like that!"

Unidentified figure: "You probably would have noticed me if you weren't wearing your helmet. Why are you wearing it?"

Pvt. Drumthwack: "I think I've figured it all out! I know everything now! I thought that might put me in danger, so I wore my helmet. Sarge swore by his."

Unidentified figure: "Didn't work out for him either."

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Huh?"

Unidentified figure: "Nothing."

signicious_004sm.jpg

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Ok. So I'm heading to security where I'll finally be able to pin down exactly who the spies are. It's very important, but this turbolift is taking forever to arrive."

Unidentified figure: "I can fix that, no problem."

signicious_005sm.jpg

Unidentified figure: "Let's see here, security override engaged. All fixed."

*WHOOSH* The door opens without the turbolift car in place.

signicious_006sm.jpg

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Thanks! Now I can get there in a hurry!"

Unidentified figure: "I'd better get going. Enjoy your trip." :devil:

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Strange, I can't see the turbolift car."

Unidentified figure: "Those helmets..." :wink:

Pvt. Drumthwack: "Yeah. Bye!"

signicious_007sm.jpg

Pvt. Drumthwack: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaa"

signicious_008sm.jpg

"Pvt. Drumthwack: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa"

signicious_009sm.jpg

Unidentified figure: "That's odd, I never heard him ..."

*THUD*

Unidentified figure: "... hit. Oh well, looks like he really did get there in a hurry! Talk about getting shafted. :laugh:"

*END VIDEO*

Admiral Blaire: "According to our mortician, Pvt. Drumthwack was loyal." :look:

Grand Admiral Volrik: "Well isn't that great? I mean, just great! You idiots killed the wrong person again. But wait, I'm kind of confused. If he was condemned, why didn't the assigned killer do the job? This is crazier than a hutt in a beauty contest."

Suddenly, the viewscreen comes on, as if haunted. A strange, cloaked figure appears.

unidentified_001sm.jpg

Unidentified figure: "Greetings. I am sending this communication live to both you and your counterparts on the other side of the negotiations. You may be wondering who I am, but it is unimportant. What is important is who you are and what you don't know. Some of you are loyal to your team, some are traitors. There are traitors on both sides, but neither are loyal to you. The traitors, in this case, belong to a criminal organization called Black Sun.

Through the years, they have built a vast empire of their own, a commercial empire, selling goods to both sides. Many of your battles were practically catered affairs, with supplies completely from Black Sun. The profit has been huge for them, and your negotiations threaten that. So, they did what any bloodthirsty corporation would do in that situation, they made some bribes, called in some markers, and generally conducted business as usual, all to try to stop the negotiations.

So far, they have succeeded.

With that in mind, I come to you with a suggestion: Join sides. If you are ever to make peace, you will need to find at least some level of cooperation right now in an effort to defeat the enemy within. Merge forces, share information, seek out the traitors and deal with them quickly, before they can spread, and I assure you, they can spread, and probably already have. It's the Black Sun way.

I wish you the best of luck. You're going to need it.

*SCREEN FADES*

Grand Admiral Volrik: "Now it's all clear! Black Sun! I remember their exploits in the Xizor days, but always assumed they had been destroyed. Black Sun is the worst of the worst, gangsters, thugs, criminals with no moral conviction at all. Stopping them isn't going to be easy, but I think our unknown benefactor is correct, we must join forces with the Rebels. What say you?"

*** You will have 24 hours to vote, via PM, to agree to join forces with the Rebels or not. Consider your decision carefully. If both sides agree, your forces will be merged. ***

The Team

100_6357_avvie_dead.jpg

Sarge-Played by Stash2Sixx

100_6359_avvie_dead.jpg

Pvt. Zariah Phervik-Played by Zepher

100_6360_avvie_dead.jpg

Pvt. Signicious Drumthwack-Played by Silent-Sigfig

100_6361_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Nester Brand-Played by Natman8000

100_6363_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Drake Knator-Played by Dragonator

100_6364_avvie.jpg

Pvt.Wedge Durnkist-Played by Wouwie

100_6366_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Terris "Toupée" Bentman-Played by Tim Bit

100_6367_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Trent "Madman" Maverick-Played by Trexxen

100_6368_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Danko "Whatshisname" Legovski-Played by Darth Legois

100_6369_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Pepper Fletchman-Played by Professor Flitwick

100_6370_avvie.jpg

Pvt. Boden Constrek-Played by Bob the Construction Worker

Oh dear, this situation has just got a whole lot more complicated.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are failing, and we are doing a good job if it. Seems to be the only thing we Imperials are good at these days. :sceptic: It is my opinion that if we want to survive this ordeal and rid ourselves of this threat, then we need to join forces, or at least make a temporary alliance with, the Rebel forces. We have a common enemy, and we should put aside our differences in the face of this threat.

That and I hear there are some very hot women with the rebels. :grin: I hope they haven't been killed yet. :look:

This situation just got a hell of a lot more complicated... we should join with the Rebels, just for a temporary solution.

That and I hear there are some very hot women with the rebels.

:angry::cry_sad: I know where I stand now...

Do we really want to join them?

What if he is part of the rebels himself and he is trying to trick us?

We need to think quickly people what are best chances are.

Do we really want to join them?

What if he is part of the rebels himself and he is trying to trick us?

We need to think quickly people what are best chances are.

I appreciate your careful approach, but clearly we are up against another force now, and in a war where it is us against them, we really need to have as many of us as possible. We may not like the rebels, but without them I know that we will crumble and fail, and the same will happen to them. To defeat this foe, we need to bring together the combined power of the Imperial army and the resourcefulness of the Rebels. I believe this to be the way for us to survive into the future.

I think, that in this time or peril, that we can make peace with the Rebels, and end this silly war. I do not understand why we haven't done this sooner...

Perhaps we should send a negotiator or two to the other side, I would be willing to go and have peace talks with them. In this time when the Black Sun, a dangerous criminal orginization looms over our heads, we must make peace with the other side. Only together can we weed out the Black Sun operatives.

What the! Join the Rebels? How do we know that they will cooperate? They are such animals, and closeminded. Do you think they will really be able to work with us? We must find anther way, because this one is risking all of our lives. But then again we are all subject to the infiltrators. I really am confused.

Nester, we may have to put aside our differences. The Rebels are growing quite strong, and I don't think we will be able to fight them alone. Like that creepy pale guy said on the viewscreen, we may have to join forces....

Before they spread :oh3:

Nester, we may have to put aside our differences. The Rebels are growing quite strong, and I don't think we will be able to fight them alone. Like that creepy pale guy said on the viewscreen, we may have to join forces....

Before they spread :oh3:

If it means being safe... well, I suppose a temporary agreement might be acceptable. I don't feel comfortable doing this but if it means saving my life and yours... I feel so torn. But for the groups sake I'll agree with you all.

I hope the Admiral returns soon with information about the potential merging of the town sides...

In the meantime, has our investigator come up with any decent or solid leads?

Sign in to follow this