Sign in to follow this  
Danthebrick

X-Wing Fire Fighter

indexed.gif

Here's the first picture of my work in progress fire themed x-wing. Might want to make a few tweeks yet - not sure if I like the wings or whether to make it a bit more slender and got various other things I might try!

xfrontxstretch.jpg

That was the Mark I version..... nows here's the full story......

The early stages of the Lego City attack on the Star Wars Empire hadn't gone well. NASA and the RAF had combined to make some awesome assault aircraft which they thought would be a match for any of the Rebel or Imperial craft, however, very few of the first attack waves returned from their missions as the enemy had the edge in a very important area - droids.

Astromech droids and nav computers were far more advanced than anything in the Lego City fleet and this was causing extreme problems for the fighter pilots who repeatedly found their weapons systems jammed and found themselves incredibly vulnerable to being locked on to by enemy torpedos and missiles.

The tide of war seemed to have turned when Professor Brickinov made a startling discovery - Droids and sensor arrays could be confused quite easily - using foam! In his underground bunker Brinkinov tested these theories......... "fire the extinguisher at will Chief" he ordered........

theexperimentxy.jpg

The results were conclusive and production of a craft capable of carrying foam canons began at once, soon the Mark I X-Wing Fire Fighter was ready!

However, the foam canon had a major drawback - it was innaccurate and short ranged - the first Fire Fighter squadron took to the skies but struggled to hit their targets before the enemy blew them to pieces. The Fire Fighter was slow and bulky and one by one the squadron was blasted into oblivion. :sad:

Undetered by this failure Brickinov went back to the drawing board and eventually designed a craft that solved the original designs major problem - the Mark II was born! The ships speed was boosted dramatically with 4 jet engines, it was made more slender and graceful, it had its looks improved - Officer Bobskink and pilot Guss didn't like the paintjob!, and most importantly of all Brickinov came up with a way of getting the foam canon directed exactly where he wanted it..... he stuck a mad fireman on a ladder on the back of each ship! Game on!

Soon the Mark II Fire Fighter was zooming accross the skies of the Empire, shooting foam into the midst of their artillery batteries and covering hapless R2s everywhere in thick foam, sending them whizzing out of control. Lego City soon commanded the skies!

xwingfrontx.jpg

xwingarielx.jpg

xwingleftx.jpg

xwingrearx.jpg

xwingrightx.jpg

Edited by Danthebrick

Wow!

That's looking good.

I can't wait to see the final version.

Keep it up :thumbup:

very cool idea, this could also beacome a cool new spinoff. Star Wars city themed.

Your creation looks already very good, but I think you need to work a litle more on the detail, more red and white, less other colors.

Indexed.

Make sure to make good use of the comments given by other members - as they are the ones supposed to vote for you in the end.

Your creation looks already very good, but I think you need to work a litle more on the detail, more red and white, less other colors.

I agree with him, less yellow will makes it looks better! but that's a very nice and original moc, nice job !

The modified version of the Fire Fighter is now ready! Thanks for your feedback guys - I have tried to incorporate them into my improved design.

Dan

The mark I version was nice but the mark II is fantastic! Im not sure why, but i really like the little ladders on the front. The firefighter on the back probably needs an oxygen tank, but its ok. Nice idea and great job!

Good entry that has all which is required.

Good luck :classic: