Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

Backgrounds for the Chromies

indexed.gif

Hey guys, I thought I would show you these custom backrounds i made for the SE Chrome Figures (Vader and C-3PO)

They are a take-off of the Lego figure collector packs (3340-3343).

Here's an over-all pic (Vader hasn't arrived yet :wink: )

sv400675.jpg

Without the Figs

sv400677.jpg

What do you think?

I'm Also open to selling them, Either the cards (printed on special paper, then with a special covering), or just the prints for you to print off. I'm not sure what to charge... Make an offer (I'm open to lego as payment :tongue: )

-Legoman

Edited by KimT

The idea is very cool, but it doesn't really give something new, it's just a picture of what is standing in front of it. I think a picture of the minifig in somekind of setting might be better. I would also try to use matching fonts

The idea is very cool, but it doesn't really give something new, it's just a picture of what is standing in front of it. I think a picture of the minifig in somekind of setting might be better. I would also try to use matching fonts

I don't mean to be rude, but to be honest i'm not really looking for suggestions, I'm more just showcasing them. Yes, it doesn't really add anything, but just that wasn't my goal in the first place :wink:

:classic:

And about the font, that was a tough decision. I couldn't do the same font for both because of the huge difference in lenth of the names. It just wouldn't work. The current version was the comprimise i came to. :wink:

Edited by legoman

(See the B/S/T/F forum for that part...)

One topic only please. If everyone created extra topics for everything that could belong in another forum it'd get rather silly. Thus I merged your other topic with this.

One topic only please. If everyone created extra topics for everything that could belong in another forum it'd get rather silly. Thus I merged your other topic with this.

Woah, you MODS are hard to read... I thought that what i did would be right, as you guys don't like Buying/selling anywhere but the BSTF, So i thought i would create a topic where it belongs, here, to show you what i'm doing, then one where it belongs, in the BSTF forum, as i'm also selling them

I don't get whats so wrong with that... :sceptic:

Anyway, whatever... Feel free to delete the secound post of this topic....

I think they are very well done, considering they are custom. :thumbup: Good job! :classic:

Did you luck out on C3-P0 or did you pay a fortune for it? :tongue:

Anyways, I really like your idea here. Although not perfect quality, they're in TLG shape and go perfectly with the Star Wars stands. If you put these in a glass case you could show them off too... other losers like me! :thumbup::tongue:

They're ok, the only problem would be displaying them next to each other because of the font.

Did you luck out on C3-P0 or did you pay a fortune for it? :tongue:

Well, i wasn't lucky enough to find one... But i did get it for a VERY good price, considering that $100's it goes for ATM...

Anyway, i've made different ones. I'll post them later, as i have to go...

They're awesome.

How much are you asking for copies?

Though I think the golden line across the board should go 'all the way'.

They're awesome.

How much are you asking for copies?

Though I think the golden line across the boarder should go 'all the way'.

The border does go all around, its just that the few milimeters of border is covered because the card goes into the little soket for the card. Here's another pic

They'll be double sided :wink:

sv400697.jpg

I'm happy to give them to you free, for all the work you do round here :classic:

Edited by legoman

I'm happy to give them to you free, for all the work you do round here :classic:

:blush:

Arw thanks :cry_happy:

I'll pm you my adress :thumbup:

Sorry for the HUGE bump, but I just recently scrolled through the SW index, and saw this one.

The cards are really great. :thumbup:

I absolutely need some of those. :grin: Are you still making them, and if so, what do you want for them?

I saw this topic ages back but didn't post in it.

Great job with them Legoman! :thumbup:

I like the idea!

I think it would look really cool having ones for other figs like commander Fox, commander Cody and captain rex, then have a small glass case over the top to keep off the dust. They would look Great that way, and would be showing off the figs!

Just ideas...

Great job again!

CommanderFox