Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

MOC: Lee's Cantonese Redux

In preparation for Brickworld, I'm rebuilding some of less impressive brickington buildings. The first of these is my Chinese Restaurant. The original (can be seen here) had a novel roof structure and round windows, but was otherwise not very impressive. This new model is much better detailed, and as it will be positioned on a newly created canal, it's side will now be exposed, so it has a much more detailed side as well. Of course, since it will still have to be placed up next to other buildings, there is no protruding side detailing, except for some removable details on the roof.

As always, here's the backstory.

Mr. Lee was not expecting the increase in tourist traffic to the formerly slow-paced Brickington Island. Regardless, he was not about to let opportunity pass him by. After securing a small equity loan, he turned the second floor into an attractive dinning veranda, and added ornamental detailing to the front and sides of the facade. Recognizing the need for competitive cuisine, he has stepped out from behind the grill, and hired the talented Mr Tsing to take over the culinary duties. His daughter Wendy still manages the front of the house, and keeps the friendly family feel that Lee's Cantonese Dining is known for.

Front

chinese_front.jpg

Side

chinese_side.jpg

Here's the back

chinese_back.jpg

You can see the cook, let's take a look at the kitchen

chinese_kitchen.jpg

Now for some other closeups

The front elevation

chinese_1st_ft.jpg

The veranda

chinese_veranda.jpg

The interior. I'm considering adding some more detail. Right now, most of the interior is simply made for what can be viewed from the outside

chinese_int.jpg

Lastly, like all my buildings, this building is modular. Here's a charming little chinese cottage that can be made by removing the middle floor and rotating the bottom floor 180 degrees.

chinese_alt.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by TheBrickster

Wow, nice and pretty chinese, Eilif :thumbup: I already knew the precedent and I must say the new roof and the yellow dragons on the entry are magnificent improves :wink:

i like the frontage, and the dragons in the windows and the roofing is ingenious :thumbup:

The roof is amazing! Totally realistic!

The whole building looks great, and the interior, but that roof is my favourate part. What piece do you use for it?

Just incredible and very realistic, I will be on the lookout to see this in the coverage photos now!

I love all the business men/come karaoke performers :laugh: The roof is just nuts too, Well done!

Wow, nice and pretty chinese, Eilif :thumbup: I already knew the precedent and I must say the new roof and the yellow dragons on the entry are magnificent improves :wink:

Thanks, I'm glad that it's an obvious improvement on the original

i like the frontage, and the dragons in the windows and the roofing is ingenious :thumbup:

Thanks, the roof was a lucky accident of a piece that I bought a cup of at PAB a few years back, before I had a use in mind.

The roof is amazing! Totally realistic!

The whole building looks great, and the interior, but that roof is my favourate part. What piece do you use for it?

This is the piece

47458.GIF

you can find it here

Just incredible and very realistic, I will be on the lookout to see this in the coverage photos now!

I love all the business men/come karaoke performers :laugh: The roof is just nuts too, Well done!

I hadn't thought of karaoke, but I that is what happens when businesspeople get a few drinks in them!

Great architecture! The roof is great! I could've sworn I've seen this actual restaurant before. :tongue: