The Chronicler

Revamp the hospitals

Hi, this is my first post so appologise if this has been brought up... over the past few years They revamped, the police and firemen from the city sets, but they seemed to have neglected revamping the hospital sets... Anyone else think there hospital set was too small?

Anyway i was looking at what they did for the Police HQ and i realised that its simular to how they could of done a hospital set, think about it. The Receiption, The Pharmacy, The Doctors Office, The Waiting Room, The Ward, The Surgury, The X-Ray Department and finally The Lab.

It would make a pretty good set.

I think it would be cool, but also harder to revamp than the police station and fire department, at least as far as the interior goes. I mean, look at the size of the police station, then look at how small the rooms are. They have some really cool features (like the lovely coffee machine and water dispenser), but I can't imagine trying to fit a hospital scene into something that size.

Honestly, I'm fine with no new hospital; a new hospital line would mean fewer civilian sets.

Honestly, I'm fine with no new hospital; a new hospital line would mean fewer civilian sets.

:look: What civilian sets? The only ones I see are the Cafe Corner style sets.

:look: What civilian sets? The only ones I see are the Cafe Corner style sets.

There are more civilian sets being released this summer. Some reviews and rogue pictures are popping up around the forum, such as this one.

Anyway i was looking at what they did for the Police HQ and i realised that its simular to how they could of done a hospital set, think about it. The Receiption, The Pharmacy, The Doctors Office, The Waiting Room, The Ward, The Surgury, The X-Ray Department and finally The Lab.

It would make a pretty good set.

I don't think Lego could produce a set as detailed as you wish for this. But that would be an amazing project to get yourself involved in if you dared!

I have seen some really detailed MOC's of operating theatres/ dentist chair etc on here, and there is the excellent 'old grey memorial hospital' recently posted.

These would be good places to start if you wanted to DIY, but I think it would be big project, and take a very long time, be very frustrating at times along the way, but you would have great satisfaction when you finished!

I dont know, i think it could be done, I was looking at the police station set, and just by comparing it i think we have the room to do it...

TheHospital.png

Plus i would love to have some new hospital related minifigs, ive always felt there costumes wasnt simular to real life.

Cast.png

yes i know i based them on scrubs, but they use the same thing in the uk, us, and other countries around the world.

I dont know, i think it could be done, I was looking at the police station set, and just by comparing it i think we have the room to do it...

TheHospital.png

You know, I think you have made a good point here. After seeing this picture (sometimes, even obvious things have to be pictured to get the precise idea) I too think that there could be a decent hospital in the size of the police HQ. There is a great potential for a very good number of rooms and space for all the (basic) activities of a hospital. The arrangement of the rooms may differ, but still, the primary idea is very good. :thumbup:

I believe that a hospital building with the shape and size of the police building would have been excellent. :classic:

Plus i would love to have some new hospital related minifigs, ive always felt there costumes wasnt simular to real life.

Cast.png

yes i know i based them on scrubs, but they use the same thing in the uk, us, and other countries around the world.

Brilliant People why don't you get the decals off them and post them on here there very good and also good plan for where everything could go, only problem is how would we get down to the Xry station as i wouldn't be happy being carrie din a guney over the road for the ambulance station

only problem is how would we get down to the Xry station as i wouldn't be happy being carrie din a guney over the road for the ambulance station

The elavotor mechanism from 7633 Building Site, has the potential. It runs very smoothly, and in its original form does not take up to much space, I think with modification you could shave a brick or two from the back to slim it down.

I like the elevator idea, mind you got to think about how the hospital would work, i think we could get away with having an X-Ray machine in the operating theator to save on space, And if you think about how a hospital would work a critically ill minifig would arrive by ambulance and taken directly to the surgery before they recover in the ward.

Oh and as you requested, Here is my Scrubs style minifig decals as requested. I had fun making them. I plan to make them but i dont have the right colour minifigs to stick them on so anyone willing to make them, please do i would love to see scrubs as minifigs

MedicalMinifig.png

You may recognise the stephascope, that i must admit i borred from the original minifig, I tried to make these minifigs to look like they would fit into the lego world...

Starting with the Intern scrub, i tried to mimic as much as i could with JD;s costume, However the stephascope isnt present on the nurses and surgens for obvious reasons. The Chef doctor or Scientist decal i looked at how scrubs would portray them and well Dr.Cox seems to someones alternate wearing a white lab coat over normal clothes or scrubs so i went with lab coat over scrubs to make it look more officle. The Paramedic Ambulance Driver, is actually inspidered by the Paramedic driver that came with a Spiderman Lego set. note the bade and dark blue blazer, again simular to the ambulance drivers in scrubs and finally the Janitor which well is a grey jump suit. Going back to the nurse from what i could see the nurses and receiptions seem to have the same style so im thinking they could reuse it.

I was thinking about how many minifigs you would need for the set... The total came to 10, i think it would be the biggest collection of minifigs for a set but its necessary.

You would need 1 chef doctor to sit in the office to diganose, 1 receiptionist, 1 ambulance driver, 1 intern to work the ward with 1 nurse, operating theator and x ray would be 1 surgeon, and as for the lab we would need 1 more chef doctor decals as they pretty much would wear the same and finally a Janitor that is wondering around cleaning. Mind the Janitor is option, if they need to cut it down on minifigs i guess he could potentially be cut. so far thats 8 staff members, the other two would have to be patiants, 1 old minifig and maybe 1 younger looking. But for them you could use already exisiting decals for that, or come up with something new...

That's a great and very interesting topic, The Chronicler! :thumbup:

Two things I want to mention:

If TLG releases a hospital which would in size and included accessory and minifigs be similar to last year's police station it would be surely a success! :thumbup:

I bet that the reason for why hospitals until now weren't sold that good was simply that they were too little.

Imo it would be much better if TLG does not release a whole new hospital line but a big hospital set which already includes an ambulance and a doctor's car.

Nevertheless I fear that TLG won't release a new hospital in the next year since TLG surely thinks (because of the not so much sold hospital from 2006) that JFOLs (and AFOLs) aren't interested in hospitals - which is imo false.

Btw: Awesome torsos you designed there, The Chronicler :thumbup: - and welcome to EB! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I brought the lego set from 2006, i dont have this police station but i have been looking at it and you know i think it can be done.

All you need for a MOC person to make it is, 2 Hospital sets, 1 New police station set...

Replace the police station windows with the hospital windows, along the WING the cell doors needs to be replaced with a wall of windows with two three beds along it, underneath a new wall needs to be made. from there take away some of the police station decales, ad a lift and hey presto the hospital... it can be done, Say heres a challenge to anyone who wants to take it up, Someone who has the police station set, transform it to the hospital set...