CopMike

New TLG survey to fill in

From Steve Witt over at the Ambassador forum:

The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You!

As Adult or Teenage Fans of LEGO, you bring an important perspective to the LEGO Group. We respect your creativity and passion for the LEGO brand.

In December 2008, we did an online survey to learn more about the global AFOL (defined as ages 20+) and TFOL (defined as ages 13-19) communities and for your information, we have listed the key findings below. Now we ask you to take this survey again. It include some of the same questions, but also a set of new questions for you. These surveys will be conducted on a quarterly basis this year.

Please take a few moments to complete this short online survey to let us know your opinion on how we are doing.

legokidsinnercircle

You might notice that the link refers to the LEGO Kids Inner Circle; this is because Satmetrix, which hosts that site, is also supporting our efforts to track AFOL/TFOL opinions. Rest assured that this survey is for AFOL’s and TFOLs only.

Here are some of the key findings from the December 2008 survey:

• The survey was completed by 6.500 (!) AFOLs and TFOLs. 19% of respondents were TFOLs, 81% was AFOLs. 94% were male, 4% female and 2% did not want to share gender.
  • When asked about likeliness to recommend LEGO products and services to friends and family, AFOLs are more likely to recommend than TFOLs. When asked what the LEGO Group can do to improve willingness to recommend, most frequent answers was, “better pricing”, “re-release classic sets”, “less custom made pieces” and “no more stickers, print on bricks”. This feedback has been communicated to relevant business units within the LEGO Group.
  • 47% of AFOLs/TFOLs are NOT members of a LEGO User group. Among those who are members of LEGO User Groups, they are in average members of 2,4 LUGs.
  • In average AFOLs and TFOLs are spending in the area of USD 1.000/EUR 700 on LEGO product annually. 20% of this is spent on second hand purchases.
  • Favorite websites include Peeron, LEGO.com, The Brothers Brick, shop.LEGO.com, Eurobricks, Brickshelf, Bricklink and Flickr.

Thank you,

The LEGO Community Team

CopMike

That link doesn't seem to work?

"Sorry, we are unable to process your request.

Please contact customer service for assistance."

Not like its for anything useful, i mean unless it has what do you want changed like no stickers, it wont be any point.

I clicked that link and got this.

Sorry, we are unable to process your request.

Please contact customer service for assistance.

The link works now.

One option in the survey - Fabuland needs to be brought back :wub:!

CopMike

Done!

I checked the box for the option "Add Norway to Shop at Home" in courtesy of our fellow Norwegians :grin:

I added No stickers in lego, and stop giving specials to the usa like BM and CV.

Better than i thought it would be, but stupid ending, i clicked done and it closed FF.

"Re-release classic sets" seems to be a frequent theme - it came up in this survey and the last. I'd be happy just to order the pieces since the instructions for most old sets are available online anyway, but the issue would be pieces that aren't made any more.

:-(

Dr. D.

I checked the box for reducing price and adding more selection to Pick-a-brick/LDD. I just discovered this wonderful program in the last 6 months and I love it, but the selection is too limited and the prices are too high for the piece ratio.

Thanks CopMike for highlighting this new survey.

Added a few comments, such as requesting for Shop@Home for Singapore region again, more printed parts than stickers, more classic sets, and bring back Fabuland. :tongue:

Done!

I stressed the concept: European prices are d**n to high compared to US prices!

And I want older sets back! (no, not fabuland :tongue: Western would be great.)

Though I agree that all of those themes would be awesome in updated, LEGO will probably have to group all those requests into "re-release old sets". Might as well just keep it to one option.

Done :thumbup: .

I added the suggestion:

"A "TRULY" 10 anniversary Star Wars set like the Naboo Royal Starship seen in Episode I."

I just hope many people vote for this one :tongue: .

Done!

I checked the box for the option "Add Norway to Shop at Home" in courtesy of our fellow Norwegians :grin:

Thank you! :grin::thumbup:

I added a "More heritage-sets, such as 10184 Town Plan, instead of re-released classic sets"-option to the check-box list. I think it's a better approach to classic sets than re-releasing the classic sets, IMO. The re-releases are never going to be like the original anyway, so better to have something in the spirit of a classic set instead of an awkward copy.

done too^^

"Bring back the blue base plates" < I know someone who will be happy with this!

for the classic pirates fans I checked bring back the blue baseplates :laugh:

On my own I asked for a survey what theme they should produce in the next year, that they keep showing the older sets and of course no country dicrimination in S@H and sets in general.

Good thing they communicated the results of the last one BTW :thumbup:

Edited by L-space

What the smeg is a Yellie?.

Got to say i'm intrigued by that term myself! I could think of a few possibilities though!

I added my 2 cents. I just wish they had asked for an email address to enter for random prizes.