Sign in to follow this  
Captain Cavinano

Dutch Fluyt

Holy megablocks! Did you make this? It's incredible - all the proportions are perfect - and completely brick built!

Certainly frontpage material don't you think Ice Cream?

First off, let me commend you on building something that I know took forever! I have no patience for that program, so I am very respectful of your work.

I think the ship looks amazing, and correct. However, this ship only looks "correct" to me if part of it would sit under the waterline. So in the case of a LEGO MOC, it would be too tall.

If you made it to be a "true model", then yes, it is perfect. If you are going to have it cruising on a table somewhere like regular LEGO ships, then it does not work.

Before I continue, can you clarify your original intention for me?

This should be posted in the Pirate MOCforum but it's not a big problem of course. :pir_laugh2:

You've build a wonderful ship there. The shapes are quite accurate and you haven't even used a prefab hull!

The headrails and tumblehome looks awesome, and just like Martinsuper said it's a very good job to do this on LDD or MLCAD since I have lots of trouble with it. :pir-tongue:

Great job on it! Are you planning to build it in real?

great MOC! I've made a ship with MLCad a short time ago and I know how hard it is to make a good ship with it. And I made it the easy way, you also made your own hull and you made even cannons! I think de colours are not very realistic but the rest of it is great. respect :pir-classic:

Holy megablocks! Did you make this? It's incredible - all the proportions are perfect - and completely brick built!

Certainly frontpage material don't you think Ice Cream?

Definitely frontpage worthy. :pir-classic:

I really love this ship, the shape is superb. Excellent work!

Nice work, the overall look is pretty good! :thumbup:

It's definitly something i could never do with that program.

I do think it lacks curve in the hull. You made a little bit of curve in the upper stern part, but the hull is too straight as Fluyts were very curvy ships. Here's a pic for reference:

41144l01.jpg

Keep it up!

Very good work!

I only miss a few more pictures but that's of course nothing compared to your prestation.

PS: If you can, then listen to Captain Green Hair, he's an expert on this territory.

She is very very beautiful. It is an extremely impressive design feat! My only comment is that somehow her masts seem too low relative to the deck house and that front mast strikes me as strange but perhaps I am just not familar with that type of configuration.

Really great job.

the rear of it is a little "high" to me ( I don't say that's not realist, I just say that I don't really like it ^^ ) but everything else is really really amazing ! the brick built hull is just ace, great job!

Looks quite good Captain. But did you build this?

Your first post doesn't say you did or mentions any name so I just ask :pir-classic:

Looks quite good Captain. But did you build this?

Your first post doesn't say you did or mentions any name so I just ask :pir-classic:

EDIT:

It is his, Nevermind!

I saw his Chinese Junk in his Folder.

Edited by Joey Lock

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

That is absolutly unbelievable! Its enormous! I love the brick built hull. But I think it's too big to be a fluyt, but maybe a galleon. God...don't purchase this through lego...it'll be thousands...

Good for you!

Again, you did a really good job with the brick built hull.