Sign in to follow this  
Honeybee

Iris Manor

indexed.gif

Hi All!

This is one of the other houses i was building while working on my pink house, Someone suggested adding a garden which i have but sorry guys still no interior but i am working on that for my next house. To be honest i think the garden and house itself is a big enough moc for the time being, I dont want to run before i can walk.

I hope this moc will brighten up your day. :wink:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/113718

I don't like the mixture of tan and blue on the bottom floor. I think you should have made the bottom all tan and the top all blue and black. I also might space the front windows apart a bit. The walls off to the sides are a bit too bare for me.

Other than that, I think it looks quite nice.

Steve

Another nice creation, though I agree with Athos, the Tan black and blue don't work all that well on the house. Perhaps white or black instead of tan would be nicer.

Seeing all the different coloured houses feels like looking at a box of chocalates. :classic:

Someone else got MMV recently, I see :grin:

I like it. The blue and tan works for me, and I like the little awning. One thing I would do though, is make the house a bit more horizontal - it doesn't really say 'manor' as is.

Actually, I'm not sure tan and blue wouldn't work. I just don't like them mixed in the same level. A tan based first floor with a blue based the second floor may look quite nice.

Steve

Awesome work! The landscape is good as well but the house is perfect! :thumbup:

I think the colours fit well with eachother, the medieval ages were colourful ages! :classic:

Great MOC! :thumbup:

Tan and blue deffinatly work together, actually believe me when I say that any color can suit any other color! The secret lies in the usage/mix of them. I've seen proof enough of that since that was a past project in the art classes when I was at college.

The only big thing I don't like are the big special castle bricks placed on midlevel at the sides of the door (can't name it by name damnit), they look out of place to me.

Anyway pretty nice house and the garden gives it more atmosphere if that makes sense.

The only big thing I don't like are the big special castle bricks placed on midlevel at the sides of the door (can't name it by name damnit), they look out of place to me.

You mean the Lion head bricks. I agree they are probably the reason the Tan and Blue don't mesh well in my opinion.

Tan and blue doesn't bother me at all, I think its the chock of tan out the front that does it, it needs to be more even. Either way, very good creation here. The flowers and trees and lion heads sculptures all look really good. Great job!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Ooh I think it looks so atmospheric with the flowers and the wall colours :)

Great job!

That's a really cool manor^^ the garden is really cute and I love how the building is nicely detailed, great job^^