Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Western Saloon

indexed.gif

Hello everybody! :sweet:

After a long time of waiting until I was aible to build a Wild West saloon now here it is:

Western Saloon

You're on a trip through the desert. It's hot and dry and you're really thirsty. Finally you see the buildings of Legoredo, the Lego Western town. Immediately you go to the Western Saloon where you have a cool drink and a bed to relax from the long trip. But be careful - a bandit enters the saloon and forces the barkeeper to hand him all the money. Will you be aible to catch the bandit before he escapes with his fast horse into the desert?

This set comes with a saloon with two floors: The first floor includes a bar with two seats and a table to sit, the second floor includes a guest room with bed and a commode. Apart from that there is a horse, a barkeeper, a cowboy, a bandit and a female Western civilian and a lot of accessory included - plus a trap in the roof.

simg0001.jpg

The inside:

simg0020.jpg

The trap: :grin:

simg0026.jpg

View on my MOC without minifigs:

simg0035.jpg

Many more pics can be found in this folder (when public) of my BS gallery.

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

I :wub: your saloon Klaus-Dieter because it looks in the style of the old western sets perfectly, even with all of the play features TLG would have probably included. :thumbup:

KD: This is a nice addition to Lego's official line-up. I like the use of the blue classic town shutters for the bar doors. Nice sign, and I like the white fence pieces (clever use of these that add a unique style). Good sloping awning over the 1st floor.

My only suggestion is to add a few layers to the 2nd floor. It looks a bit low.

Oh, almost forget... That's a great water pump/spicket. It's a bit hard to see it in the picture, but it adds a nice element of detail. I don't think I've seen one before in other WW creations -nice. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Razzer and TheBrickster! :sweet:

I :wub: your saloon Klaus-Dieter because it looks in the style of the old western sets perfectly, even with all of the play features TLG would have probably included. :thumbup:

Thanks, Razzer! :classic:

It was my aim to built a saloon which could fit in the official line of Western buildings.

KD: This is a nice addition to Lego's official line-up. I like the use of the blue classic town shutters for the bar doors. Nice sign, and I like the white fence pieces (clever use of these that add a unique style). Good sloping awning over the 1st floor.

My only suggestion is to add a few layers to the 2nd floor. It looks a bit low.

Oh, almost forget... That's a great water pump/spicket. It's a bit hard to see it in the picture, but it adds a nice element of detail. I don't think I've seen one before in other WW creations -nice. :thumbup:

Thanks, TheBrickster! :classic:

The water pump is regrettably not my idea. I "stole" it from BirckMiner's awesome MOC you can find here. (I would have asked him - but about one year ago after he leaved EB I sent him a PM but he didn't answer - so I didn't try now.)

How do you like the bar?

Klaus-Dieter

A well fitting facade and a nice color scheme too. Only the interior... maybe an a little larger saloon would work better,

because the inside looks so cramped that I simply can´t imagine a proper brawl taking place there... :grin:

Too many colors. Other than that, it looks good. I like the sloped roof over the porch. I think if you put a rim around the roof, it'd look better too.

Steve

Great job. It would be a great official set if it was released. However, I agree with Athos about the roof.

:thumbup:

Great job Klaus-Dieter,

It's looks a bit like the saloon i'm working on.

I still have to get me some Decal-paper and a finishing touch.

Maybe you could add some kind of roof-topping. Just like the general store has...

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Asuka, Athos, Richie and Antoi! :sweet:

A well fitting facade and a nice color scheme too. Only the interior... maybe an a little larger saloon would work better,

because the inside looks so cramped that I simply can´t imagine a proper brawl taking place there... :grin:

Thanks, Asuka! :classic:

You're right about the size. :grin: But my aim was to design it very near the official style of the awesome Western sets of the years 1996/97.

Several years ago I built a saloon together with my younger brother which was much bigger. It's a shame that I don't have got pictures of it. :blush:

Too many colors. Other than that, it looks good. I like the sloped roof over the porch. I think if you put a rim around the roof, it'd look better too.

Steve

Thanks, Steve! :classic:

You're supposably right about the colors - I didn't care about colors that much when I built it. :blush:

It's nice to hear that you like the trap. Not that it makes any sense :grin: but I simply wanted to add an action element since it should look similar to the official Lego WW sets.

The idea of adding a rim around the roof is great - thanks. :thumbup:

Great job. It would be a great official set if it was released. However, I agree with Athos about the roof.

:thumbup:

Thanks, Richie! :classic:

Great job Klaus-Dieter,

It's looks a bit like the saloon i'm working on.

I still have to get me some Decal-paper and a finishing touch.

Maybe you could add some kind of roof-topping. Just like the general store has...

Thanks, Antoi! :classic:

Do you mean with roof-topping some sort of thin bricks with a sticker on it on which "Saloon" is printed? If so, I intentionally didn't put it on the roof upstairs but under the windows of the second floor in order to that possible guests can see it earlier and then immediately go there to have a drink.

I'm very interested in how your saloon will look like. When do you plan to show it to us, Antoi?

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks, Antoi! :classic:

Do you mean with roof-topping some sort of thin bricks with a sticker on it on which "Saloon" is printed? If so, I intentionally didn't put it on the roof upstairs but under the windows of the second floor in order to that possible guests can see it earlier and then immediately go there to have a drink.

I'm very interested in how your saloon will look like. When do you plan to show it to us, Antoi?

Klaus-Dieter

Hey Klaus-Dieter,

yes that's exactly what i meant, but i see your point for putting it there.

I don't know when i finish my own moc (I'm new to this stuff) but because i mentioned it, ill give you a sneak peak :wink:

It's in TLG western style as well ( to keep it simple and to get a nice effect on the rest of the legoredo town)

but like I said before, its far from finished, the windows need a little decal paper and the big sign saying "Saloon" needs some to.

IMG_7877.jpg

Edited by Antoi

Hey Klaus-Dieter,

yes that's exactly what i meant, but i see your point for putting it there.

I don't know when i finish my own moc (I'm new to this stuff) but because i mentioned it, ill give you a sneak peak :wink:

It's in TLG western style as well ( to keep it simple and to get a nice effect on the rest of the legoredo town)

but like I said before, its far from finished, the windows need a little decal paper and the big sign saying "Saloon" needs some to.

IMG_7877.jpg

That's an amazing Western MOC, Antoi! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It's much better then mine. :cry_sad:

I really like this fine, in official style kept architecture plus the cactus fits very well! :thumbup:

If you add some stickers, some minifigs and accessory this will surely become an awesome MOC, Antoi! :wink:

Only one suggestion: The blue window frames in the first floor don't go that well with the white door. So I'd interchange the windows with the blue window frames with the windows with the white window frames downstairs in order that in the end you'll have windows with white window frames and the white door upstairs.

I can't await to see your final MOC!

Very, very well done so far! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the tip Klaus-Dieter.

I was not particularly happy with the colorscheme as well (to much color) but as I do not have that many lego in different colors I sure like your idea.

As soon as its finished i'll open a new post to show it. This one is yours :tongue:

greets,

Antoi