Sign in to follow this  
Talon Karrde

The King is dead!

Very nice.

Only problem though is that us people from or in the US might think you mean Martin Luther King, Jr. by the title.

Only problem though is that us people from or in the US might think you mean Martin Luther King, Jr. by the title.

Not really, im from the US and I didn't think of that at all! Especially when its in a history and adventure forum :sceptic:

Nice job! :thumbup:

Nice Job, Very evocative, and bloody!

I wouldn't worry too much about that. In African-American and most other American communities, Dr. King is usually referred to with the title Dr. or Reverend or Reverend Dr. or simply "King". I've never heard him referred to as "the" King.

Among Americans, "The King" is much more likely to conjure up visions of Elvis Presley.

Long live the King!

It seems the king doesn't live that long... :tongue:

Nice vignette!

Not really, im from the US and I didn't think of that at all! Especially when its in a history and adventure forum :sceptic:

Nice job! :thumbup:

I know it's not adventure, but it is technically part of history. I just keep (mentally) hearing this old radio broadcast of some panicing guy announcing MLK. Jr.'s death, if I'm not crazy and you actually know what I am talking about.

Among Americans, "The King" is much more likely to conjure up visions of Elvis Presley.

In a different context, yes. Because, in this case, we all know he is dead. It's the crazy people announcing they just had a conversation with him that draw your attention....

....a one-way conversation.... :tongue: