Sign in to follow this  
ellerb

Brickworld 2009 Pirate Planning Thread

Welcome aboard matey's!

Will ye be attending Brickworld 2009 and want to display your pirate mocs and sets? If so, post in this thread.

Currently the following displays and events are planned:

Brian Darrow's is bringing his Pirates of the Bermuda Triangle ( http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/80921 ) This impressive diorama will be in it's own display area. Check it out!

More Islanders than you can imagine by Don Cox. No Pirate would dare attack hundreds of islanders and their catamarans, or would he?

Pirates vs Castle display and battle. Those neighboring castleheads, lead by Castle Coordinator David Gregory, and their hoards of sheep are up to no good. Bring your seaworthy vessel to defend the Caribbean!

LEGO Pirates Set Display We will be displaying many classic sets to celebrate the return of the Pirates theme. Contact me if you would like to bring a certain set.

Possible Seminars:

LEGO Pirates Round Table - Discuss and plan the future of the theme, online communities, contests, and community standards (fort standard, island standard, ship standard, etc)

Sail Making Seminar - Learn how to make replica's of official Lego sails or new custom sails.

Awards/Prizes:

Best Pirate Ship - Prize to be determined

Best Imperial Ship - Prize to be determined

Best Pirate Island - Prize to be determined

Best Imperial Fort/Building - Prize to be determined

Best Sinking vessel/wreckage - Prize to be determined

Do you have ideas of displays, events, games, or seminars you would like to participate in? Post your ideas here!

Very respectfully, your obedient servant,

Ben Ellermann, Brickworld Pirate Coordinator

Unfortunately Ben I won't be having a table this year. :pir_bawling:

My Constitution is not complete, and i'll be moving during the beginning of June. :pir-cry_sad:

But i do look forward to seeing all of the new pirate creations this year.

Last year there weren't too many:

Just your Redoubt and a couple prefab-hulled ships. :pir-look:

I suppose i could bring a BSB-MOD with me to set on your table, or someone else's when i come for the public days.

Unfortunately Ben I won't be having a table this year. :pir_bawling:

My Constitution is not complete, and i'll be moving during the beginning of June. :pir-cry_sad:

But i do look forward to seeing all of the new pirate creations this year.

Last year there weren't too many:

Just your Redoubt and a couple prefab-hulled ships. :pir-look:

I suppose i could bring a BSB-MOD with me to set on your table, or someone else's when i come for the public days.

We will definitely find room for your BSB in the display. Thanks.

Ben

We will definitely find room for your BSB in the display. Thanks.

I will see if i can.

There'll be a lot going on that month.

That may mean i'll have to finish it. :grin:

I'll do my best Sir!

Any specific standards to follow? Or is it whatever fits?

and I'll not be able to come , too sad :'(

Any specific standards to follow? Or is it whatever fits?

I would like to know the mocs that everyone is planning to bring to ensure enough space for the display. Islands, forts, ships, etc will be arranged randomly on a giant blue cloth sea (which will closely match Lego blue). This is what was done on a smaller scale at Brickfair 2008 in Washington DC.

We are still waiting to see what the final table allocation will be for the combined Castle vs Pirates theme display area.

You are welcome to bring wall or dock/wharf sections that fit into a modular standard. Pirate building standards likely will be a topic of discussion at the Lego Pirates round table seminar. There currently are multiple standards and it would be good to create a standard for large shows such as Brickworld, BrickCon, Brickfair, etc.

Ben

IF I get my fort done, I could be there the 20th and 21st. That is a big if, but I just put a big order into bricklink, so it should be a reality.

Otherwise, what else would you want us to bring?

Most of what I have right now is original sets, or original sets that I slightly modified, like my Imperial BB.

-Super

P.S. Do people bring things to trade? Like if I had some city baseplates and wanted to trade them, etc...?

I could bering Caribbean Clipper, Imperial Flasgship, Imperial Outpost, and a few others if no one has committed them yet.

IF I get my fort done, I could be there the 20th and 21st. That is a big if, but I just put a big order into bricklink, so it should be a reality.

Otherwise, what else would you want us to bring?

Most of what I have right now is original sets, or original sets that I slightly modified, like my Imperial BB.

-Super

P.S. Do people bring things to trade? Like if I had some city baseplates and wanted to trade them, etc...?

I could bering Caribbean Clipper, Imperial Flasgship, Imperial Outpost, and a few others if no one has committed them yet.

How large is your fort moc? Registering the fort as a moc you are bringing would be a good idea.

Occasionally people bring things to trade, but most people buy from the bricklink sellers (who have outrageous prices), custom weapon sellers (BrickForge, BrickArms, Little Armory, etc), and at the LEGO Brand Stores. Brickworld has many train afols who like to create their own brick-built roads (snot) and likely would not be very interested in city baseplates.

All of those sets sound good for the classic pirate sets display. This weekend I will start new thread with a list of sets and who is bringing them.

Ben

How large is your fort moc? Registering the fort as a moc you are bringing would be a good idea.

Occasionally people bring things to trade, but most people buy from the bricklink sellers (who have outrageous prices), custom weapon sellers (BrickForge, BrickArms, Little Armory, etc), and at the LEGO Brand Stores. Brickworld has many train afols who like to create their own brick-built roads (snot) and likely would not be very interested in city baseplates.

All of those sets sound good for the classic pirate sets display. This weekend I will start new thread with a list of sets and who is bringing them.

Ben

Ok, because this will be my first time coming, so I really have no idea whats going on. As for original sets, like I said earlier, I think only my Caribbean Clipper is 100% of what it used to be.

I want to bring my fort, but these bricklink sellers are dragging their feet. It's taking forever just to get invoices to pay.

The other thing is that when i see some of the displays online, I don't feel like bringing my "little fort" because its not "grand", you know what I mean?

Sorry I forgot to say this, but I am building the fort on a 48X48 baseplate.