Sign in to follow this  
Ratshot

A classic MOC battle

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 64b

I was very board Wednesday night so I decided to take some of my classic pirate minifigs (and my sigfig) and make a MOC battle. Sorry about the crapy images :pir-blush:

In this battle Broadside and Ratshot(my sigfigs name and my nickname) have intercepted a group of pirates who were trying to steal some treasure. Redbeard is one of them, so you can tell this is going to be a fight to the death. Here is a list of the Fighters.

PIRATES

1. Captain Redbeard

2. One Eyed Jack

3. Flash Fork ( my favorite pirate character :pir-wub: )

4. Pirate Wench

5. A dying Will/gallery

img_7765.jpg

An angle shot of the battle.

img_7768.jpg

Flash Fork has just slaughtered a soldier.

img_7769.jpg

Poor Will. He has been shot by an Imperial soldier :pir_bawling:

img_7771.jpg

The greatest leader the Lego world has ever produced......in my opinion that is.

img_7777.jpg

An overview of the fight. Check out Wills eyes. He is not actually dead, I just did that for fun :pir-tongue:

img_7778.jpg

My sigfig taking One Eyed Jack prisoner.

Hope you enjoyed it :pir-classic:

Broadside

Nice scene's Mr. Broadside, very much alive!

You could improve the pics by using a clean white background (some sheets) and make sure the camera is properly focused for each picture.

You could improve the pics by using a clean white background (some sheets) and make sure the camera is properly focused for each picture.

I intend to work on those issues over the coarse of the summer. That is why I decided to join the Reviewers Academy :pir-tongue:

...and make sure the camera is properly focused for each picture.

I think he was using a webcam and that is probably the best image quality he could get from it.

I think he was using a webcam and that is probably the best image quality he could get from it.

No, I was using a "Cannon Power Shot S3 IS"

Edited by Broadside

Nice MOC, keep on building. I like those bones as waves.

And with such a good camera it should be fairly easy to make good pictures. Just pic "Auto" and then select the flower symbol. To focus on an object, press down the button, but don't let it yet take picture, just focus. And then take one. =)

Nice MOC, keep on building. I like those bones as waves.

And with such a good camera it should be fairly easy to make good pictures. Just pic "Auto" and then select the flower symbol. To focus on an object, press down the button, but don't let it yet take picture, just focus. And then take one. =)

My mom is going to teach me how to use it this summer. Thanks for the tips.

The greatest leader the Lego world has ever produced......in my opinion that is.

That is so true..... :pir-tongue:

Anyways nice MOC I like the SNOT base. :pir-classic:

Good job. :thumbup:

Nice fighting scene, there are not much of them around except the PTV entries. There is a lot of action going on and I like the SNOT ground and water.

But I also really recommend to use a white background, then try to improve the picture quality. It is distracting if there are so many things at the background.

A white background is simply made with some white cardboard and tape.

I've enjoyed your MOC and good luck on the picture improvements! :pir-blush:

Thanks for all the kind words guys :pir-blush: I will work on my photgraphy skills over the corse of the summer and I willl have my Mom teach me how to use my camera( it is acually hers).

Thanks. Michael