Sign in to follow this  
Artizan

Imperial All Terrain-Personal Walker

indexed.gif

Piece #: ~175

Minifigs: 3

Background: The All Terrain Personal Transport (AT-PT) was a light anti-infantry walker used by the Galactic Republic and, later, the Galactic Empire. It was manufactured by Rothana Heavy Engineering, a subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards.AT-PTs were made to take single troopers into intense combat situations on their own. They stood only 3 meters tall, and were driven by AT-PT pilots. The AT-PT was--compared to its intended threat, enemy soldiers--heavily armored, enough so that most small-arms fire couldn't penetrate the craft's armor. The walker was armed with twin blaster cannons and one concussion grenade launcher, which were only effective against infantry.

Now the pics:

to the flicr set:

3375417639_688b3146c2.jpg

Front:

3376237078_abb609c89b.jpg

Left:

3376238394_7d5419ee84.jpg

Right:

3375422779_1642a637c4.jpg

Rear:

3376239614_4e8f0f55c1.jpg

Top:

3376242054_c52b5e3ea7.jpg

I know calebexo01 has already created a successful version of this infamous vehicle, but i've been wanting to do one for a long time so i decided i should design a version for the contest.

then i shall be the first to reply. i like your design and it looks alot like mine (that is probably why i like it) you did better with the color (i don't have the correct pieces in light grey) and i am glad you think mine is successfull.

i also like the front gun turret design(wish i woulda thought of that :wink: )

random question: can you fit a minifig inside or are they just for looks on the outside?

(now you have 3 replys :laugh: )

This looks awesome!!!! I liked how you made the admiral :thumbup:

Also, very nice details on the AT-PT I also really liked the front cannon :thumbup:

Good luck on the contest!

thanks for the replies people. calebexo01, if it bothers you that it looks like yours, i can remove it from the contest? i actually began designing it before even the contest started.

for the question if it can fit minifigs, no, unless the minifig's arms are removed.

Edited by Artizan

thanks for the replies people. calebexo01, if it bothers you that it looks like yours, i can remove it from the contest? i actually began designing it before even the contest started.

for the question if it can fit minifigs, no, unless the minifig's arms are removed.

i dont mind that it looks like mine and i trust that you really did start it befor the contest. it would be hard for the minifig to drive the walker with no arms! :laugh:

may the best AT-PT WIN! :grin: (or may we both lose trying) :pir_bawling:

Edited by calebexo01

Good job Artizan.

Not much to add, other than Good Luck