Sign in to follow this  
legomaniac83

MOC: Minifig Scale 18-Wheeler

indexed.gif V-LC-04A

I put this together a couple years ago. Just took some pics of it today.

Let me know what you think. The trailer is finished, but the Tractor has a few bugs. Will probably re-create it in the months to come.

Enjoy!

LegoTruck008.jpg

LegoTruck009.jpg

LegoTruck010.jpg

LegoTruck011.jpg

LegoTruck012.jpg

LegoTruck013.jpg

LegoTruck014.jpg

LegoTruck015.jpg

LegoTruck016.jpg

LegoTruck017.jpg

LegoTruck018.jpg

LegoTruck019.jpg

It looks great with all its flatness. I like the truck but I dont really like the front of it, as it needs some more contrast colors other than black.

I agree. It's a bit too black for my tastes. You could make the front bumper and the rear-view mirrors grey and build the radiator out of silver grille tiles. That will brighten it right up. The tractor could also use a few more details such steps to help the driver climb aboard. Right now there seems to be rather a lot of space between the bottom of the door and the top of the front wheel well. That's a perfect spot for a little step to go into. I do think that calling it minifig scale is stretching the definition a wee bit far (although the LEGO Agents truck and the Scuderia Ferrari set are even bigger).

On the plus side, the relative proportions are pretty good, the trailer looks nicely detailed and I love the chrome exhaust pipes. I could do with a few more of those parts myself :sweet:

Cheers,

Ralph

Very nice work :thumbup: . You did an excellent job! I am curious what scale factor you used. You mention minifig scale, but with the truck as big as it is, how tall would the minifig be then? I am asking because the scale factor I use for my models makes my minifigs about 6'-8" tall. I know this is a bit tall, but a 6-wide vehicle would measure 8' wide. A typical width for a standard fire truck and tractor-trailer. My trains then are 8-wide, this makes them 11'-3" wide. This is a typical standard width. Just curious?

Note: The typical standards are based on US measurements.

Model On!!

I love it, I too wonder about the dimensions you've used?

The model itself looks awesome though, please DO share more MOCs like this with us, legomaniac83.

i like the flatness of the bed, but the grill on the truck comes up to the windshield to high and BTW why is it called an 18 wheeler when it only has 10 wheels? :tongue:

Yeah, I guess it is a bit bigger than mini fig scale......My initial start point was the very back of the trailer, and it grew from there.

I agree on the cab. More color changes is a must. I am currently separated from 95% of my collection right now, so when I go home I try to pick up what I need. Can't wait until I am finally re-united with it again!

BTW, there is actually 18 wheels on the completed model. There are 8 on the back of the tractor and 8 on the Flatbed. Just hard to notice in the pics.

Keep the comments flowing. Great to see what other people think!