Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Grave Stone Station

Klaus-Dieter happened to ask if I would be revisiting the Ghost Train collection in one of the "Return to Grave Stone" posts. Fortunately, I did a pretty good job with photo editing all the Ghost Train creations with my newer version of Adobe Photoshop (Elements program). I was actually pleased with the final images shared on EB last year, so I wasn't planning to share updated pictures.

I did; however, stumble across one image that I took of the Abandoned Station with Rickety Water Tower. I thought it would make a nice scene, so decided to go ahead and edit the image taking out a rather bad flash spot.

Inpiration

During the Summer of 2008 (May to be exact), I got this burning desire to create a Ghost Train. Inspiration came from a visit to a Ghost Town during Halloween 2007, in which I saw a large rusting steam train with hollow burner, decorated for the season with ghostly skeletons. The first MOC; however, would be an Old West station that I had always wanted to build as an addition to Grave Stone. Looking at numerous pictures of real Wild West buildings, I happen to stumble upon an image that reminded me of a creation in Lego Idea Book #6000. Here's the house in the idea book. The building design looked like a great one to use as an inpiration for the station.

About one month later and the addition of a few train cars, the small train display needed a water tower.

Pictured is the combination of the station, the water tower, and a few of the figs from the train display.

The Stories

Abandoned Station: The clock is nearing midnight... An Abandoned Station stands along the rusty tracks of Grave Stone. Jebediah's last words were "I'll be dead before this train comes". Who would have guessed he was right? There's one ticket out of Grave Stone that can be found within the decrepit walls of the Abandoned Station; but this ticket is for a special ride, a ride on the haunted Ghost Train. In order to redeem the ticket, one must wait between 11:00 PM and midnight at the station. The only problem is that there are other less-sightly creatures that are also trying to escape Grave Stone, and they will kill for a ticket aboard the Ghost Train. And what ghastly train stops at an Abandoned Station within Grave Stone? Do you dare wait until midnight to find out...

Rickety Water Tower: If you're trying to get away from someone or something near the desolate town of Grave Stone, you might think twice before setting a foot on the ladder of the Rickety Water Tower. Climbing high into the midnight sky, an old hoot owl stands perched on the rotting wood railing, watching all that is seen and unseen. A strange green liquid drips from the water tower's black spicket. Could it be the putrid water of Grave Stone? Perhaps... but maybe the water tower hides something more sinister within its large storage container, something that smells of death.

The MOC

gravestonestation.jpg

Thanks for the great story and picture, Brickster, I really love your tales.

Grave Stone Station is one of the best MOCs of the series IMHO.

That's again a totally awesome MOC, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

To the water tower:

It looks great. The only thing I don't like that much (I think I already mentioned that last year when you showed it here on EB) is the roof on it. I now know that the roof is absolutely correct and realistic. Nevertheless I'd prefer the water tower without roof - but I can't tell you why (since I don't know for myself, too). Otherwise it's perfect! :thumbup:

To the station:

It's designed absolutely perfect and very realistic! :oh: The details I like the most are the railings and the big clock.

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Really looks nice, but is it a deserted station? Then it would de nice by adding some details like broken windows and holes in the wall...