Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Grave Stone Cemetery

To shed some additional light on the Phantom Rider, I wanted to build a "boot-hill" like cemetery for Grave Stone. Although I honestly didn't spend too much time building this MOC, the result was okay. One day, I will probably re-create this little cemetery adding more detail and additional landscaping.

Inspiration

I was really happy when I first puchased 4766 Harry Potter's Graveyard Duel. What a fantastice set for pieces - with an old bat tree, crypt, graves, and wagon. This had all the makings of an addition to a Ghost Town. While I drew much inspiration from this set, I used only a few pieces (Why? I'm not sure). Perhaps I didn't want to copy the set too much at the time, although I did use the tree with no modifications.

In addition, I've always loved Ghost Towns, and the few that I've visited had small grave sites with interesting/funny tomb stones. I also remember the famous Grave Yard scene in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly with Clint Eastwood, one of my favorite westerns of all time. The Grave Yard served as a place where the hidden loot had been burried in an unmarked grave.

The Story

Something's a'spook'n the critters in Grave Stone Cemetery. Jake Farlow, the Undertaker, and his loyal helper Hank Austin have been busy trying to keep up with the current demand. Jake is a greedy man; however, and has told Hank to just burry 'em quickly not to worry about digg'n 'em too deep. Perhaps it was the shallow grave, or even the Putrid Water, but someone or something is rising from the large grave in the center of the cemetery. Poor Hank sees the skeletal figure with its green glowing eyes climbing out of the tomb and can only stare at the horrifying apparition. It is he, the Phantom Rider who is awakening from his tomb! Halloween must be near...

The Story Revealed

Jake Farlow- do you like the name? Farlow came from the classic Stephen King vampire flick, Salem's Lot. I remember part of a line, "Mr. Farlow will enjoy you", stated by one of my favorite actors, James Mason who played the role of Straker. Mr. Farlow was the vampire that he looked after. A bit of this story also came from the movie, Poltergeist, in which a new housing community was built upon a grave yard. The story about this MOC would serve as a nice way to share a bit more about the Phantom Rider and what may have caused him to rise from the dead. This story would be expanded more in the Ghost Train Creation, Witch's Shanty.

The MOC

cemetery.jpg

Looks great as we are used from you, Brickster, and I am starting to love the entire story around the Phantom Rider.

As I said before, this could have been a LEGO line.

That's again a totally amazing MOC, TheBrickster! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks very realistic and gloomy, the little cottage looks very nice, the graves are very well desigend and the minifigs, animals and the little tree add a mysterious atmosphere to it! :oh:

Only two suggestions: I'd add some more branchs to the tree since how it looks now it's a bit thined out. And two round 1x1x1 on top of the chimney would imo make it looking a bit more stylish. Otherwise it's perfect!

Btw: Does the little cottage have an interior?

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I agree with all the above. I think you're the fasterst moc buider on EB! :tongue:

Your stories along with all your MOCs are awesome and exciting to read. :cry_happy:

Keep it up! :thumbup: