Sign in to follow this  
Clone OPatra

Wookiee Gunboat

indexed.gif

My entry for the contest, this small Wookiee Gunboat, never before seen anywhere!

EDIT: All new, better pictures of the model, now with back holes gone!

During battles on Kashyyk, the wookiees deployed these small lightly armed Wookiee Gunboats as defensive and offensive vehicles. The Wookiee Gunboat holds a maximum crew of three, has no storage space, and has very limited armor. It's main feature is a powerful double torpedo gun hidden under the front planks. It also features two light blasters on the side to defend against any droids. This vehicle can hover low above ground or water, and can easily take out a droid tank.

Wookiee Gunboat

Minifigures: 3

Pieces: 79

Aerial

top_new.jpg

Front (planks closed)

frontnew.jpg

Front, with planks opened and guns revealed

frontopen.jpg

Side Right

siderightnew.jpg

Side Left

side_left_new.jpg

Back

backnew.jpg

Check here when public for more pictures!

Please comment and give any suggestions for improvement (this is my first moc I've ever posted anywhere).

Edited by Clone O'Patra

Looks fine. I do think it needs something to plug up those holes in the back though.

I do think it needs something to plug up those holes in the back though.

I was actually going for the look of the Wookiee Catamaran released back in 2005, which also had holes of this style. I may try and see what it looks like without those holes showing though.

Great MOC! Did you use the pieces from the Wookie Catamaran? Anyways good luck on the contest

I agree. A great creation. You've really captured the Wookiee design well.

I know the guns aren't pieces from the Catamaran but from the Ornithopter. I think it's just meant to be similar to the Wookiee vehicles. Correct me if I'm wrong, Clone O'Patra.

Good luck and well done!

I modeled it after the design of the Catamaran, but I don't actually own the set. I used a few pieces from the Wookiee Flyer (Ornithoprter?), but mostly just used pieces from my collection (a lot are from the 2007 Droid Bp). Thanks for all your comments guys!

I modeled it after the design of the Catamaran, but I don't actually own the set. I used a few pieces from the Wookiee Flyer (Ornithoprter?), but mostly just used pieces from my collection (a lot are from the 2007 Droid Bp). Thanks for all your comments guys!

You're welcome and what baseplate did you use for this? Looks like you could fit a whole lot of space in the Gunboat

You're welcome and what baseplate did you use for this? Looks like you could fit a whole lot of space in the Gunboat

If you check the brickshelf folder I have a pictures with the whole MOC broken apart into pieces.

Also, I modified the back portion to fix the holes, and I put up two alternate pictures showing this. Please respond which version of the Gunboat you like better, so I can take a whole new set of pictures if I need to. Thanks!

The top view pictures are a little off.

Either they're blurry or you've "lost" some of the MOC.

I suggest redoing those.

A have redone all of the pictures, and the back of the Wookiee Gunboat no longer has gaping holes. I hope this is better!

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: