• Bantha Fodder
  2. 2. And how about the set?

• Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • Bad
    • Horrible

indexed.gif

*NOTE* This is by no means a serious review. But for the sake of Santa over there, I'll put in the stats. ~Stauder

Name: Rebel Patrol

Theme: Star Wars

Subtheme: Episode IV-VI

Year released: 2008

Pieces: 82

Figures: 4

Interesting Part: Rebel Helmet

EB News Rating: Good Set. :thumbup:

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Reviews! I'm your host, ImperialShadows and I disavow all responsibility for the content seen herein. This is my fellow conspirator and the one who's taking the blame if it all goes to hell, Staudie! He puts the ew in review, you know. WhiteFang is away on assignment this evening (he ran like a little girl from this one, not that I blame him). :hmpf:

Before we begin the program, I do feel obligated to explain a few things. One, Staudie is crazy. He just is. Second, EB News Reviews isn't a traditional News program, or a traditional Review program, or a traditional anything else. It's sort of like "This is Spinal Tap", without the music.

So, without further delay, crank it up to 11 and welcome Staudie, here to present our special 'guest' for the evening... 7668 Rebel Patrol!

image01.jpg

Today we will be reviewing the 7668 Rebel Patrol.

Oh no, they've let him drive! He's only 12, people!

I AM NOT 12!

He admits he isn't even 12 yet!!! :oh:

Not funny.

I laughed.

Me too.

Who said that?

The guy behind you.

Which one?

I dunno, they all look the same to me.

image02.jpg

Announcer: This baby can do Warp 2, no-problemo.

No no no! This is Star Wars. Not Star Trek!

*Half of the audience boos*

*Boooo!*

It doesn't work that way. They boo at you, you can't boo at them.

He does it all the time.

Who?

You know! He-who-shall-not-be-named!

Vol-de-Hinck? Heh heh. See what I did there? It was funny. :grin:

*The other half of the audience boos*

Fine. :angry: As far as he goes, he also dresses like a turkey and runs around yelling gobble gobble. Now get back to the review before he shows up.

Right! Here we can see the DSS (dreaded sticker sheet, for you slow people), compared to a 6x2 plate.

image03.jpg

Here we can see the rebel helmet, a piece unique to this set, compared to a Fire helmet, Phase II Clone helmet and Stormie helmet. Quite big... I can imagine it being used as a cyclist's helmet in some Tour De France MOC...

image04.jpg

The speeder comes with a crew of four. Unfortunately the driver has to be telepathic to control this craft as there is no control panel.

For this evenings program, the driver is telepathetic!

image05.jpg

Mr. Shadows, sir! What are you doing?

I'm just stowing some junk in the trunk!

There is no trunk.

Quit interrupting, I just need to push harder! :devil:

This is a close up of the helmets, the visor piece is removable, and on the left side (pictured) there is what I expect is a communicator.

image06.jpg

Here we see possible uses for the heads, as well as a comparison to a storm trooper.

image07.jpg

:sing: One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong! :sing: (Shadows is proud of the 5 of you who got this joke, seriously) :sweet:

The rear turret is removable, so it can be "deployed" to provide fire support...

Which is code for "he broke it."

image08.jpg

And the turret construction.

Hollow inside, just like his head.

image09.jpg

Deployed, next to the speeder. The speeder looks like it could haul some cargo where the turret was attached.

You could use it to clean out your office.

I don't even have an office.

No, but if you did and then we fired you, this would be perfect!

Yeah! NO! WAIT!

image10.jpg

Overall, I think it is a nice battle-pack. 4 unique figs, a nice selection of parts and relatively low price. I mean, they could have only included the figs in some $200 set...

Yeah, and it beat the heck out of that Imperial Crapship they put the stormies in..." :sceptic:

After the show, our heroes meet again during weekend duty in the Rebel Reserve.

image11.jpg

Staudie, that you? It must be, I am not getting any intelligent life readings over there.

Yeah, hey Shadows, long time no see.

Looks like they actually put you in command of a little force of your own. Congrats, kid!

Yeah, I got my own speeder and squad! Who's the man now, huh? And what have you been doing?

Oh, not much, they gave me this little thing and a couple of battalions. :grin:

image12.jpg

*Signal Fades*

Edited by KimT
indexed

Staudie, don't blame me please. :cry_sad:

I was out for an on-site assignment until I was captured by rebels, not running away with some little girl. :hmpf_bad:

On a serious note, Welcome back Staudie and glad to see you do our 5th EB News Review. Nice piece of work, and lots of fun reading it. :thumbup: I am looking forward to your EB News Interviews. There are many more new fellows for you to interview now. :wink:

Staudie, don't blame me please. :cry_sad:

I was out for an on-site assignment until I was captured by rebels, not running away with some little girl. :hmpf_bad:

On a serious note, Welcome back Staudie and glad to see you do our 5th EB News Review. Nice piece of work, and lots of fun reading it. :thumbup: I am looking forward to your EB News Interviews. There are many more new fellows for you to interview now. :wink:

Only fellows can get inteviewed? :look:

Err, nope. Take a look at the list of interviews being done. Not all, are Fellows, silly. :grin:

He was running, arms flailing in all directions, going waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh as he tried to keep his skirt from flying up in the air.

I've got pics. Don't make me use them. :devil:

He was running, arms flailing in all directions, going waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh as he tried to keep his skirt from flying up in the air.

I've got pics. Don't make me use them. :devil:

Oh great, my life reputation is in danger. :hmpf:

Only people who have the account number of my swiss bank account get interviewed. :tongue:

Also Whitefang, when Hinckley finds out you stole his dress, more than your reputation will be at risk :laugh:

Stauder.

PS - Who can find the Sesame Street reference?

Your Swiss :look::tongue:

He's certainly cheesy enough to be, but alas, even the Swiss won't claim him. :wink:

Arw nuts.

The EB News has invaded the Star Wars Forum.

"There goes the neighbourhood" :cry_sad:

Hilarious review - it made my day much funnier.

The poll options made me laugh! The review was okay too! :tongue:

I actually have this set, so I feel compelled to comment on at least one of the thousand 7668 reviews. The set is merely figure set, the ship itself is pathetic! Also the bloomin' Rebels helmets don't stay on the minifig heads properly, they are always a bit to loose.

Maybe I am just to fussy and should go back to Call Of Duty.

No, I am Stauder. You are who exactly?

Stauder.

Well last time I checked I was hollisbrick :look:

He's certainly cheesy enough to be, but alas, even the Swiss won't claim him. :wink:

Haha :laugh: Fair enough

The poll options made me laugh! The review was okay too!

Same. I voted the first one although the only words I was able to read were tingle, slave and liea :tongue:

Same. I voted the first one although the only words I was able to read were tingle, slave and leia :tongue:

Well then I'm sure you have a very fun time in the evenings ! :tongue:

Good read thanks guys!

There...

It's been indexed.

Happy now Stayder?

I'm still proud of the lame jokes in this one, especially Staudie. :grin:

I'm still proud of the lame jokes in this one, especially Staudie. :grin:

Yeah after indexing it, I read it and decided it deserved a "2nd chance" :laugh:

Aww, Classic EB News Reviews, by Staudie. :tongue:

It's good to see this re-surface again. I thought Staudie or someone else wanted to add something into this review. :laugh:

It's good to see this re-surface again. I thought Staudie or someone else wanted to add something into this review. :laugh:

Not at all.

It's just a little reigniting the "ol' skool"-style of the Star Wars Forum :grin:

Actually, you added a link to SirNadroj's Cupid MOC... I wonder weather that is to show your feelings for EB News?

Stauder.

:laugh:

Sorry about that.

Links have been fixed.

It's a good one though...Cupid that is :grin: