Matteo Kenobi

Helpful Solar Sailer MOD

indexed.gif

Did the big gaping hole in the back of the Solar Sailer bother anyone else? Where the speeder goes in and comes out I mean. There was about a 1x2 wide hole that really just broke the bugged me. So I made a quick little MOD that I thought I would share, as it might help some other people, as it is quite simple. As I saw the hole as a design flaw even though I can see why it was there as it is much easier for younger kids. Anyway with the use of just a rotator and 2 1x2x2 transparent piece.

It's not to apparent and allows full access with the speeder and Dooku

Solar-Sailor-MOD-resize.png

Solar-Sailor-MOD-resize-2.png

Solar-Sailor-MOD-resize-3.png

Edited by ImperialShadows
Hole. He'll fix the whole hole in the hull. Huzzah!

That's a nice simple mod for $70ish Canadian you think Lego would have included the whole extra four pieces to do this mod :sceptic: . Although it would be better if you replaced the dark transparent panels with regular light grey 1 by 2 bricks. At least IMO because there still are gaps in the model.

Edited by MacK

I know for the incredibly high price to part ratio you would think TLC would be able to be a little bit more thorough.

Well I was working with the window idea, I seemed to recall always seeing Dooku's face through the ship. However your right the Light Grey would probably look a bit more whole, and also double as a boarding ramp. I think I will try that, thanks for the idea!

Wouldn't grey parts have been better? But anyway great helpful mod :thumbup: .

Didn't the previous 2 posts discuss that?

I mean the sole 2 posts after the initial one.

As in everything in here, but the first post?

See what I am hinting at?

:tongue:

Thats a nice MOD, I wonder though, if it was that simple why wasn't it in the set in the first place. It certainly wouldn't have been too hard for TLC to do the same thing as you. :wacko:

Good idea, though I think when my Solar Sailer arrives, I'll just take two 4x2 and two 2x2 light bley tiles and cover it up, and possibly figure out some way to make the little boardwalk come out for the speeder to be released on.

Good idea though! :thumbup:

Good work!

I love your Mod idea. This is very usefull to have an robuster Solar Sailor.

If mine arrive, I possible add this mod, too. But just with an self-made sail :tongue:

So again, thanks for pointing that out.

Greeting Bricks

Thats a nice MOD, I wonder though, if it was that simple why wasn't it in the set in the first place. It certainly wouldn't have been too hard for TLC to do the same thing as you

Thank you, and I wondered the same thing, it was almost as the set appeared un-finished and really disappointed me, I mean the set was great I just mean this particular section. So this is quite a bit better.

Very nice mod. I will have to try it some time.

Thank you!

Good idea, though I think when my Solar Sailer arrives, I'll just take two 4x2 and two 2x2 light bley tiles and cover it up, and possibly figure out some way to make the little boardwalk come out for the speeder to be released on.

Good idea though!

Thank you, and I agree I think I will try that same thing, this could I guess be considered a first draft, I'll try and fix it today. I'll post pictures and I encourage anyone who does something like this to post pictures as well.

Good work!

I love your Mod idea. This is very usefull to have an robuster Solar Sailor.

If mine arrive, I possible add this mod, too. But just with an self-made sail default_tong.gif

So again, thanks for pointing that out.

Greeting Bricks

Well thank you, wow that sounds like a great idea. I can imagine how great that would turn out, please show us pictures when your done :classic:

Thanks for the help with a simple, few piece Mod that almost everyone can apply to their Solar Sailer however they want. It makes me look forward to my B'day and the arrival of mine even more!

That is a nice little mod. I'd love to see pictures when you change it to grey pieces.

I've made several mods:

1. Back end gap - I modded mine using 4 1x2 slopes, 2 2x3 slopes and 2 1/4 tiles so as to give it a rounded appearance.

2. Also added in a "floor" under the speeder (fill in the space)

3. A "hood" holder just inside one of the doors.

4. filled in the gaps between the front bubble and frame (so the poor pilot doesn't look so exposed to space (or get sucked out :oh3:)

I'm going to have to try to take some pics of this and get them up here.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments!! :classic:

I have been crazy busy and I did update it with Grey 1x2s so I'll take some pics soon.

Winbrant: Those sound like great mods, if you could post pictures of them that would be great!

iH Master 13uilder17: Sure, it'll be up sometime tommarow :classic: