Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

Pirate's Secret Tavern

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 55d

Governor Raul Pablo has recently enacted a new law which prohibits all alcohol in his port. A long time business owner Mr. Ricket had recently been losing money in the funeral home business because less people were getting killed in drunken brawls. He in turn decided to modify his funeral home/casket warehouse into the towns only bar.

bar_11.jpg

bar_4.jpg

bar_3.jpg

bar_7.jpg

bar_8.jpg

bar_9.jpg

bar_10.jpg

bar_5.jpg

bar_6.jpg

bar1.jpg

The exterior of the Funeral Home/Warehouse. I didn't have much of an option for the roof.

bar_2.jpg

If you havy any suggestions of other buildings or anything else that should be included in the port please tell me.

I really like this MOC. It has a lot of details and I love that secret door! Very good idea and concept!

I like it very much, nice decorations on the walls and a pooling (!) table!! :pir-wub:

The tavern has a cozy and warm feeling, enough rum in stock behind the bar and a piano for the music. This tavern has what a real tavern also has.

The only issue is like what you've mentioned too, the roof. Perhaps you could place some tiles on the roof to make it more realistic.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Even if the exterior bulding looks a bit too "viking" for me, it's a nice MOC, with a lot of incredible detailed scenes in the interior! :thumbup:

I like it. Nice busy lively feel inside the tavern, great minifigs, and wonderful furnishings! The baseplates as roof is a reasonable option I think. If you had more logs, obviously they could be mounted sideways and hinged in much the same manner.

A good roof technique is buying lots of these in brown or another colour which you like.

3062b.gif

Connect them all to a 'plate' and place it on the walls like Exotrator did here.

Hope that helps. Of course you can tile the plates you use now. :pir-blush:

Nice MOC i like the way you putted the shark it is a great idea and the secret door :pir-laugh:

This is one nice MOC.I really like the part with the two fellows playing cards and one pulls out a gun.

Improvements,perhaps a few female servers,maybe a a bouncer or two.

Anyway this looks nice.Well done :thumbup:

really nice tavern! I Love that pool table, and I think your roof is quite nice, for it size you need a lot of part to make a good roof, and you did well with these plates! nice usage of it^^

Captain Zorro, I think this looks to be a MOC worthy of the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage! What be your thoughts? Watch the frontpage in the next few days, Mister Paul Cantu. :pir-wink:

That's a really nice secret bar you've made, and I like how you used Hagrid's torso for the bar owner!

Vice Admiral Zorro, I think this looks to be a MOC worthy of the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage! What be your thoughts? Watch the frontpage in the next few days, Mister Paul Cantu. :pir-wink:

Absolutely, pls do so!

Lot of action,... but where are the girls... :pir-laugh:

i agree were are the wenches and the like :pir-devil:

apart from the lack of females i think that this is a very good moc, and all the details are good such as the pool table( you gotta love pool!!!) the card game going on

flint lock

It's a nice little pub. Why is everyone using the dwarf beard for there pirates

Because it's a cool and useful piece for pirates. I do think it looks a little strange on the back and sides of minifigures without dwarf helmets.

I like the action and busy feel of this moc, you have captured the tavern scene very well. But I was wondering if the piano style instrument was in fact a piano or organ... The answer to that question would give me a good reference of what time period this moc is set in.

I like the action and busy feel of this moc, you have captured the tavern scene very well. But I was wondering if the piano style instrument was in fact a piano or organ... The answer to that question would give me a good reference of what time period this moc is set in.

Thanks. To answer your question this moc obviously isn't historically accurate considering they are playing pool but it is a piano. So what time period would this be in?

Great MOC Paul. My favorite part is the pool table. But I also like the little secret room you have.

Thanks. To answer your question this moc obviously isn't historically accurate considering they are playing pool but it is a piano. So what time period would this be in?

Well different variations of pool have been around since the 15th century so that one can slide, but the piano that we know of today came around in the mid to late 1800's, but there have been different variations of the piano leading up to the modern piano. Read up on both of them. Wikipedia.com is the best place IMO.

but the piano that we know of today came around in the mid to late 1800's, but there have been different variations of the piano leading up to the modern piano. Read up on both of them. Wikipedia.com is the best place IMO.

Thanks again. I really don't go for the historically accurate look. I like to add some humor and cleverness into my mocs by incorperating modern things just a bit more old fashioned.