Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

MOC: 1991 Ford Probe GT

indexed.gif V-LV-24D

Another car for my growing city collection. I seriously need to start building a building *lol* My citizens hav dozens of cars, but no place to live :tongue:

Anyway, let me know what you think of this MOC :cry_happy:

The roof would need to be replaced by a red piece of course. LDD just didn�t offer one.

But I am going to order the parts I need via BL, so I�ll be able to show the car for real pretty soon.

Front:

ford_probe_gt_01.jpg

Back:

ford_probe_gt_02.jpg

Side:

ford_probe_gt_03.jpg

Edited by Phred

A bit strange, but I think I like your design. Only keep the wheels inside the car. All cars of lego have the wheels almost outside the car, which I dislike anyway. In the Netherlands that's forbidden for real cars :tongue: .

And is there room for a minifig to sit in?

My citizens hav dozens of cars, but no place to live :tongue:

They could sleep in their cars.

Loving the vehicles though

COUGH*caravanCOUGH*

A bit strange, but I think I like your design. Only keep the wheels inside the car. All cars of lego have the wheels almost outside the car, which I dislike anyway. In the Netherlands that's forbidden for real cars :tongue: .

And is there room for a minifig to sit in?

Yeah, that´s forbidden in Germany, too. But LDD sadly doesn´t offer wheels and tires half the size. :sceptic: When I´m ordering the pieces I´ll make sure to go for the slim tires.

There´s room for two minifigs to sit in. .......at least I hope, I haven´t tried it yet :look:

A drivers seat and a backseat. I build all my cars basically the same way, so from experience the minifigs should fit. But now you got me thinking. :hmpf_bad:

The only thing that surprises me is what you said about the design. What seems strange about it? I tried to build it as close to the original as possible with LDD (and my skills, though). There have to be some amendments made when it comes to LDD.

Here are some reference pics of the real car:

800px-Ford_Probe_GT_I.JPG

800px-Ford_Probe_GT_Heck.JPG

1467653.jpg

Damn. I checked and surprise surprise, a minifig CANNOT sit in there. I need to tweak it a little...

If only TLG would offer windshields 6 studs wide, 3 studs long and TWO high.

Looks nice ... but to make it completely accurate to the Ford Probe that I used to drive, it would need to include a broken radio, broken air conditioner, leaky window seals, horrible squealing noise from the engine, and a damp, swampy odor from the rain water that collected in the spare tire well in the hatch (due to those leaky window seals).

Worst car I ever owned.

But, your version looks great!

Was the width a problem for seating the minifig or the height? I could see both being an issue. All in all, so far so good. Like you said though, the roof doesn't look so great, but we can chalk that one up to LDD's limited selection.

Was the width a problem for seating the minifig or the height? I could see both being an issue. All in all, so far so good. Like you said though, the roof doesn't look so great, but we can chalk that one up to LDD's limited selection.

It´s the height. The roof would have to be the height of 2 plates higher to have a minifig and a steering wheel in place. You can fit a minifig right now, but you would have to remove the steering wheel and tilt the fig waaaay back.

And the rearset would have to be the height of a brick higher :sadnew:

@Joebot: Sad to hear that. The Probe I used to drive was one of the best cars I ever had. Bought it 7th hand, drove it for almost 2 years and ran about 100.000 km during that time.

Sorry to bump this thread, but would someone actually be able to build this car and try to find a way to fit minifigs inside? I tried it several times with LDD now and failed. I would send the LDD file via mail if someone could tackle this.