Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Roman Villa

indexed.gif

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Since some of you already know that I'm studying history and German for teacher for the middle school, I of course are very interested in history. One of my special interests in this subjekt is Roman architecture. SOme years ago I went to an excavation. Since I'm very fascinated by the rich civilians' city villa's I decided to designed a Roman villa. Here is a plan of a Roman villa I found in the internet to show you how it roughly looked like:

villa.jpg

And here is my MOC:

Roman Villa

First of all: A short overview over the villa with its garden:

roem._villa_von_oben.jpg

The front of the house with its entrance in the middle, a bar on the left side and a shop on the right side:

roem._villa_von_seite_2.jpg

The entrance:

roem._villa_eingang.jpg

The right side of the house: shop and dining room downstairs, balcony upstairs:

roem._villa_von_seite_1.jpg

The right side of the house: kitchen, stairs and bar downstairs, three sleeping rooms upstairs:

roem._villa_von_seite_3.jpg

The atrium:

roem._villa_atrium.jpg

The garden:

roem._villa_garten_von_oben.jpg

More pics can be found in this folder in my BS gallery (when public).

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

I have to say if it's Romon, Greek, or even Egyptian I'm interested, so this looks great! My only real criticism is that I think the green floors stand out a litte to much and grey would probobly be more suiting, looks good.

I studied roman architecture as well, I have to say that's an accurate house, maybe not for the colours scheme, there is a little too much red, I think that red is supposed to stop at the height of 2 bricks, but that doesn't really matter^^, good job ! :thumbup:

Thank you all very much for your nice comments! :sweet:

Wow! That design looks so difficult. But you've done it....

I like the atrium... it's awesome

Thanks, Fordo Jumping! :sweet:

The atrium is one of the elements of a Roman villa I like the most. :blush:

I have to say if it's Romon, Greek, or even Egyptian I'm interested, so this looks great! My only real criticism is that I think the green floors stand out a litte to much and grey would probobly be more suiting, looks good.

Thanks, Matteo Kenobi! :sweet:

I would have liked to use white baseplates. But since I only own two ... :cry_sad:

I studied roman architecture as well, I have to say that's an accurate house, maybe not for the colours scheme, there is a little too much red, I think that red is supposed to stop at the height of 2 bricks, but that doesn't really matter^^, good job ! :thumbup:

Thanks, Guss! :sweet:

You're right with the red bricks - they really have to stop at the height of two bricks. Perhaps I'll try in my Christmas holidays and build another one where I care about that. :wink: Do you think that the other things are ok?

Klaus-Dieter

Aww, I suddenly feel all nostalgic seeing a house build from thick bricks! I used to make houses like that alot when I was a kid - although yours is of course much more mature and detailed. :wink:

Anyway, it's a nice change to see actual MOCs built from real LEGO bricks from you, Klaus-Dieter. Your creations with the building software (can't remember what it is called) are nice, but they're no comparison to the "real deal", if you get what I mean.

A very ambitious project, and very nicely done too, with a fine amount of detail especially for the interior. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your nice comments! :sweet:

Aww, I suddenly feel all nostalgic seeing a house build from thick bricks! I used to make houses like that alot when I was a kid - although yours is of course much more mature and detailed. :wink:

Anyway, it's a nice change to see actual MOCs built from real LEGO bricks from you, Klaus-Dieter. Your creations with the building software (can't remember what it is called) are nice, but they're no comparison to the "real deal", if you get what I mean.

Thanks, Sandy! :sweet:

Since I mainly own thick bricks I nearly only built my MOCs with thick bricks. But imo they are very good for MOCs - and in fact more realistic mainly for older buildings since in the past houses were often built with thick walls.

A very ambitious project, and very nicely done too, with a fine amount of detail especially for the interior. :thumbup:

Thanks, Asuka! :sweet:

I tried to make the interior as realistic as possible - which is with my limited brick collection and the bricks available sometimes not very easy. But I'm content with the result, too.

Wow. Detailed. And I like the colors, very nice! Good show. :thumbup:

Thanks, Duke of Derby-shire! :sweet:

I'm very pleased that you like it!

Klaus-Dieter