22 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

A creature crept through the dark, he breathed slowly and was waiting for the perfect timing. Suddenly a creature appeared and soon his wrath was released and the last thing the creature saw was the face of Axonn.

Information

Set name: Axonn

Set number: 8733

Number of pieces: 196

Minifigs: None

Theme:Bionicle

Subtheme: Titans

Release: August 2006

Price: SGD 39.99/ USD 25.99 / EURO 19.99

Brickshelf:pr0visorak's Brickshelf

Bricklink:Axonn price list

Ebay:Ebay's price list

Ebay.uk:Ebay.uk price list

Brickfactory:Axonn's instructions

Lego:Axonn's other instructions

BioniclepediaAxonn's information

BSO1 Wiki:Axonn's other information

1)Welcome once again! Lets begin with the box.

boxr.jpg

For your information, this box isn’t mine. Mine was thrown away a few years ago.

2)Instructions

Front page

11.jpg

There are a total of 48 pages in this instruction booklet.

Page 27

12.jpg

This is to show you what a random page looks like.

Last page

13.jpg

This page is advertising for some of the upcoming games and activities on the bionicle website.

3)The build

Overall

overall.jpg

This is what your bionicle should look like after building. If it doesn’t look like this, than you must have screwed up somewhere.

Body

body_1.jpg

Let’s start from top to bottom! As you can see, his body consists of grey armor that really complements his color. You can also see the light green eyes glowing inside his mask which for some strange reason appears yellow or a lighter green on the front of the box.

Arm(There is only one picture as both arms are the same.)

arm.jpg

This arm is quite special unlike any other bionicle, the reason why I say this is simply because of his hand.

Comparison

hand_2.jpg

From the picture, you can see that his hand unlike other bionicles is quite similar to the human hand. The only difference is that he is missing one fingers and that he is made of Lego, but the way they are able to move, hold and grab things is very similar.

Leg(There is only one picture as both of the legs are the same.)

leg1.jpg

You can see that like the hand, it is similar to the human one. We too have a bone to help stabilize our weight no matter how heavy we are. This design serves the same purpose for this bionicle. For those who had trouble making their old bionicles stand, I can assure you that this leg will keep it standing for a very long time.

Giant axe

weapon.jpg

Axonn’s name was derived from the axe that he carried. It is also said that it would return to Axonn once thrown and that it could slice through any rock. It could also shoot fire! Back to the review, this axe consists of three different parts as seen in the picture.

Carrying the Axe

handle_1.jpg

If you are wondering how Axonn carried the axe, well this picture should explain how it is done. Sorry for the blurriness of it though, the shot was too close for the macro to take it.

4)Poses

Here are some shots too show you what Axonn looks like after building!

Front

pose5.jpg

Back

pose_3.jpg

Right

pose4.jpg

Left

pose2.jpg

Lunch

irony.jpg

This is what happens to a Piraka dumb enough to fall in to Axonn’s trap.

5)Minifig friendly

For those who are wondering how tall this is, well let’s invite spider man to help us!

minifig2.jpg

Look! There is spiderman coming in with his trusty steed! There you have it, how tall a minifig is compared with Axonn! Thanks for all your help spidey!

6)Conclusion

Playability: 8/10 (You are able to pose it to create different scenes and even if you don’t like playing with it, it looks great on a shelf!)

Design: 8/10 (Good balance of red and grey/silver bricks. These two colors really compliment each other! The design of the hand and leg are both very resourceful and creative.

Price: 8/10 (A set worth its value but could be much better if it included more features and details.)

Overall: 8/10 ( A great set with an awesome design, but it could be better if there were a more features.)

I would recommend this set to many people as it is fun and interesting to build. If you get the other bionicle, which is Brutaka, and join them together, you will be amazed at the results! If you find the set, don’t hesitate to get it!

Next review: Bionicle Irnakk

Well, I am done here thanks for your attention! Comments are welcomed!

Thank you for that very nice review of a real cool and very poseable classic! :thumbup:

Loved the review. I would just like to add my opinion. I personally love the hands, but they are very heavy. It makes him hard to pose because his arms always fall down. He is also very short, but that dosn't really matter.