Sign in to follow this  
mrts

CCCVI Misc Entry: The Perfect Life?

indexed.gif

Hi all! I posted my first entry for the colossal castle contest on classic castle and i wanted to share it with you guys too. :classic: Please let me know what you think!

The Perfect Life?

A rich family lives in a large manor near a lake. Their life is just about perfect. The man of the house is fishing with his father on a boat, trying to catch some nice dinner. On the dock are two workers doing their daily things. The children are happily playing around the house. The little girl is talking with a frog hoping it to be a beautiful prince, while the boys are trying to catch butterflies. The mother watches over them while cleaning the path a bit. She’s dreaming away with happy thoughts. Isn’t life just perfect? But what they don’t know is that their lives are about to change….Death is coming to claim a life! The invisible dark man is slowly moving towards its victim…Who’s going to die? The old man? One of the kids? Or will it be ‘just’ the cat?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Please check the folder and subfolder for more photos:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=350570

I saw it yesterday on brickshelf, I hesitated to post it ^^

that's a veryyy wonderful creation, I love everything in it ! I just wanted to know, is there an inside to this wonderful building ?

That's absolutely fantastic! :thumbup:

I love so many things about this, but it would take ages to name all of them, so I'll just stick with a few. :tongue:

The SNOT water and the nearby dock look great and really give a good feel to the whole thing. I also think your tree on the left side is gorgeous, quite similar to the great looking tree in next year's Medieval Market set.

The building is wonderful with all of the little details and fun colors. Nice work on the rocks as well.

Brilliant MOC! :classic:

Wow! Im still getting over your last demon portal creation. This is really quite beautiful, but you probably don't need me to tell you that. :wink:

I love the angle of the dock, though i'm wondering why there is a window in the wall down there. The building is exquisite too, I love the chimney and the yellow works well with the black.

Perhaps there should be some light blue in the SNOT river to show shallow areas or splashing around the boat and netting. Other than that I cant think of anyway to improve this awesome MOC.

Once again thanks for sharing.

Oh do you have a Flickr acct? as I would def add you to keep up to date on your creations.

The perfect life? How about the perfect MOC? This is absolutely incredible. I've seen some of your other work, and it is on par with the best I've seen. Good luck in the contest, but with the skill you have, luck plays little part.

As I said over on CC, fantastic work. Your definitely in line for an Honourable Mention, if not first place! The detail in this is fantastic, from the of centre dock and building, to the landscaping and the stonework on the house and dock. I love these half timber houses, and was in fact considering building one myself. :blush: Maybe if I have time I'll do a scene with some houses or something. I've got a haunted tower and a tapestry to build first though. :wink:

Good luck in the contest, I think your going to do really well. :sweet:

Beautiful MOC with very good attention to detail. My bet is on one of the kids, now with the PTV-contest in mind I think there's too little misery and mayhem here in this... perfect life :)

Hey everyone! Thank you for the cool reactions! I really enjoy reading them!

@Guss:

I saw it yesterday on brickshelf, I hesitated to post it ^^

that's a veryyy wonderful creation, I love everything in it ! I just wanted to know, is there an inside to this wonderful building ?

Ha! Thank you for the compliments! :classic: Sorry there is no inside to the house..

@I scream clone:

...Oh do you have a Flickr acct? as I would def add you to keep up to date on your creations.

Yes i do have a Flickr account, but i hardly use it :sceptic:. I only have my 'troll's head trophy' moc on there...Maybe in the future i will upload my other mocs too, but i find Flickr a little difficult to use and i often get lost by all the options and features there :tongue:

@Dragonator:

As I said over on CC, fantastic work. Your definitely in line for an Honourable Mention, if not first place! The detail in this is fantastic, from the of centre dock and building, to the landscaping and the stonework on the house and dock. I love these half timber houses, and was in fact considering building one myself. Maybe if I have time I'll do a scene with some houses or something. I've got a haunted tower and a tapestry to build first though.

Good luck in the contest, I think your going to do really well.

Hey dragonator, thank you for replying here also! I apreciate your words and i whish you good luck in the contest!

Wonderful MOC, really! :thumbup:

It's full of details and nicely built but the best point is without any doubt that death character aproaching from the road. At the first look you don't see it but, after looking closely, the effect is simply amazing :cry_happy:

Ah, very nice, very peaceful. Reminds me a bit of the first part of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, when your just in the village (if you've ever played that game). I love all the little details in this, especially the well. Good luck on the contest! Ah.... so peaceful.... :wub:

This looks awesome! The stone wall looks very real. The shed and the house look fantastic! ~LW 8~

Ah, very nice, very peaceful. Reminds me a bit of the first part of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, when your just in the village (if you've ever played that game).

It reminds me too. :blush: ~LW 8~