Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

EB News Presents : BrickModder

Hello ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to EB News Presents. I'd like to tell you we are still alive, and that the funeral was very tasteful even if un-nessicary. I am Stauder, your Host, this is my lazy Mafia game going co-Host, ImperialShadows and this is our guest.

Today we have somone who can be called the Doctor Frankenstien of Lego. Why? Because he is the one who brought the Lego Iron Man to life.

We prowdly present to you, Rob Hendrix. No idea who that is? This ring a bell?

1.jpg

Q. Why the name BrickModder and what would you call your SigFig?

brick·mod·der \'brik-mä-dər\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): brick·mu·ti·la·tor; brick·mur·der·er

Etymology: Middle English bryke, from Middle Dutch bricke, from Middle English modifien, from Anglo-French modifier, from Latin modificare to measure, moderate, from modus

Date: 15th century

1 : a modern day alchemist with the power of transforming common items into spectacular rarities using mysterious or little known practices involving enchanted gems and magic hydraulic presses.

-Brick·mod·der; Brick·Mod·der -proper noun

brickmodder.png

The sigfig formerly known as Dr. Emel, now simply goes by Brickmodder. I would have called him "Mini Me", but that name has certain copyrights and trademarks associated with it. Damn the luck. The sigfig you see here will soon get yet another makeover. Ahh, the many schizophrenic sides of the BrickModder.

Q. How long have you collected lego?

Based on the long hair and bell bottoms in the photo I'm holding of my grandmother and I playing with a Samsonite set on the floor in her den, I'd say early/mid seventies. I'm the young lad on the left for those of you who are confused at this point.

Q. What got you into modding lego?

I grew up as one of those children who tore their toys apart, only to put them back together with alterations and other added goodies. Some toys sported more power or bigger motors, while others included lights or other upgrades. All that carried over into my adolescent LEGO years. My most memorable modification was making the (my?) world's first LEGO RC car using actual RC components and a certain 8845 Dune Buggy.

I'd say the turning point of simple mods and hackery to what you currently see from the lab happened somewhere about 2001. Upon receipt of the latest S@H catalog in the mail showing the latest sets with their "pseudoglow" headlights, beacons, eyes, and other items, I made a pact with other worldy forces to give me the needed abilities to make those really light up without Photoshop trickery.

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?

8671 personally autographed (by Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen), 8275, 9797

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?

Racers and anything else I can make better by adding lights. Wow, do I really have that narrow of focus?

Q. If your shoes where made of lego, how many studs long would they be?

40 studs, 100 plates, 33-1/3 bricks and they'd light up. ;)

If we ever had a person who tried too hard. It would be you.

Q. What would you say your significant influences were in your mutilation of perfectly happy minifigs?

Customizers worldwide would agree that a little mutilation is ok as long as its for the greater good. If you get out more aesthetics than you put in, then you've had a successful surgery. It doesn't matter if some innocent minifig lost an arm along the way. Its science!

Q: Is it true what they say about your unholy alliance with a soldering iron and a Dremel tool?

I can't comment on any affiliations with alternate realm beings and how I came about my powers.

I'll call the police...

Q. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious real life Lego moment you have experienced?

Going by my own variation of the most common definition of the word (to atone delicate beauty above that which is educable) , I'd have to say you're simply referring to my greatest works of art, those epiphony moments you get when you realize you've raised the bar and made a true masterpiece that would be almost impossible to recreate even with being properly instructed. So to answer your question: self contained1x1 plate light. Yes, it's real...

1.jpg

Q. In your opinion what theme should TLC come up with?

LEGO should focus on accessories and addons to existing and future kits. That's where the real money is:

Timmy, "I've already got that set"

Gary, "Ya, but did you also buy the chromium proton shield and xray k76 super rifle with ion sensors pack to go with it?"

Q. So You Gots a Lair? Can we sees it?

Noooo DeeDee!!! Ju kin not come in! Get out of my lah borra tory!

I am sure there was a reference in there somwhere....

But seriously, if you can picture something between Frankenstein's castle and Dexter's Laboratory, you're pretty close. No pictures from inside the lab have ever been published.

Q. Can you tell us about the Iron Man Fig made by Uubergeek, Kaminoan and yourself?

I'd have to say that's my favorite challenge to date. Excellent decal artistry from Uubergeek but the lighting I put in it is all Kaminoan's fault. Uubergeek was hanging out in the lab one weekend so we could light up Ironman's chest. We called Kaminoan to get his input and see what he thought would look cool. "I want lights in the chest, head, hands, and feet", says he. Damn. OK. I never back down from a challenge unless its just stupidly impossible. That lighting mod took about 20 minutes. Next!

Q. What would you say is your best creation yet?

After the original light up light saber minifigs made here in the lab, I decided to raise the bar for my next blinkenlight goodies. It took 4 years of countless research hours and prototypes to finally perfect the next generation of lighting products from Brickmodder Labs. Enter www.lifelites.com where anyone can light up their own LEGO world using lighting kits that will fit in almost any model.

Q. Am I annoying?

If you have to ask, you don't need to know. You're not as annoying as your fanboy over there... *points at Hinckley*

I'd say he was more of a... Ego addict...

Q. Who should we Interview Next?

Hmm. Area Light, J.R. Schwarz, Armothe, Adam Quest, Jack Skellington, Sarah Palin?

We will get right on that...

*Signal Fades*

Hurrah! EB News is still here.

Nice Interview.

Hah, Sarah Palin...

Good job Staudie! Its been awhile since we had EB News for breakfast. Its nice to see an interesting interview of a great customiser. Will you be still doing more interviews? :tongue:

Good job Staudie! Its been awhile since we had EB News for breakfast. Its nice to see an interesting interview of a great customiser. Will you be still doing more interviews? :tongue:

Yea bout time :tongue: Also how come you dont inteview people from here any more? There are still lots of people to inteview :wink: Good read netherthe less

Yea bout time :tongue: Also how come you dont inteview people from here any more? There are still lots of people to inteview :wink: Good read netherthe less

Because I am the one who does the interviews. And I am rather busy with school... Speakin of, better get back to that 1000 word essay... :hmpf_bad:

Stauder.

Because I am the one who does the interviews. And I am rather busy with school... Speakin of, better get back to that 1000 word essay... :hmpf_bad:

Stauder.

yay!!! Hmm yea same, better get off...soon :tongue: Btw was that Iron Fig even on sale?

yay!!! Hmm yea same, better get off...soon :tongue: Btw was that Iron Fig even on sale?

I do not belive it was. The decals are tough. If you want to by one, you can always email Kaminoan. PM me if you want his email.

Stauder.

I do not belive it was. The decals are tough. If you want to by one, you can always email Kaminoan. PM me if you want his email.

Stauder.

Thanks but no thanks :classic:

I'm not very good at those things plus I am in Exam block for the next 2 weeks so I have no time.

Keep up the great reviews :thumbup::sweet:

nice interview ^^

now I want Brickmodder to build his lego lightning shoes ! :P

I can't believe I had to scroll down so much to find this! What has happened to EB News Presents? :cry_sad: Why the dwindling popularity? :cry_sad: Where the heck is Cardinal Brick, does he do anything?

Nice interview. Out of the possible options for the next interview, I choose "Armothe".

I can't believe I had to scroll down so much to find this! What has happened to EB News Presents? :cry_sad: Why the dwindling popularity? :cry_sad: Where the heck is Cardinal Brick, does he do anything?

Nice interview. Out of the possible options for the next interview, I choose "Armothe".

:sad: I don't know. I am busy, Shadow's is missing, WhiteFang is slowly working at reviewing sets, and the cardinal has been missing for weeks... :sadnew:

Stauder.

:sad: I don't know. I am busy, Shadow's is missing, WhiteFang is slowly working at reviewing sets, and the cardinal has been missing for weeks... :sadnew:

My apologises, Staudie. :cry_sad: I am a little busy with my upcoming exams and it will be all over at the end of Nov. I will start posting it next month, if I am able to afford more time to take some good pictures for EB News Review.

My apologises, Staudie. :cry_sad: I am a little busy with my upcoming exams and it will be all over at the end of Nov. I will start posting it next month, if I am able to afford more time to take some good pictures for EB News Review.

By slowly I meant slowly but surley. :pir-blush: You are the only one who is doing anything at the moment, so don't worry.

Stauder.