Sign in to follow this  
Skorpius47

8636 Agent's Deep Sea Quest Available in US

Thanks for sharing the info. I like the boat for this set. ReZourceman shared a review of this set if anyone is interested in some close-up images.

Oh, thanks for the link. I forgot one was posted so long ago.

And that reminds me. If a moderator stops by, can the thread title be edited to include the set number 8636? Much appreciated in advance.

It's been available in Ireland these past number of months. However, I haven't yet bought it, as Volcano base was a bigger attraction (and thanks to 20% off in retail outlets here, the Mobile command centre).

It looks like a nice set though - I'd love to get it and complete my Agents collection. So much else to buy though!

Thanks for the review link - now I am really thinking about getting this...

Edited by brickzone

Thanks for announcing! I wonder when TRU is gonna stock up on this...(TRU is closer than my home than the nearest LEGO Store)

TRU almost certainly won't be stocking this set. The Volcano Base is the TRU exclusive and Deep Sea Quest is a Target exclusive. Every Fall for several years now, Target has carried a line of 4 exclusive LEGO sets that all retail for $49.99 USD. They are sold only at Target and S@H (and I imagine LEGO stores). The only exception to this that I am aware of is last years Dwarve's Mine set, which was a Target exclusive last Fall and then went to general distribution earlier this year. This year's sets are:

8636 Deep Sea Quest

4210 Coast Guard Platform

7679 Republic Fighter Tank

8942 Jetrax T6 (Limited Edition Yellow version).

They have started showing up at Target stores this week (I found and bought all but the Bioncle one today).

At my local Target today (10/18/08), they had an end-cap stocked with 8636 Agent's Deep Sea set, and the new Coast Guard Platform.

Argos, in Ireland and UK have this on sale now in their Christmas catalogue (out this week), down from their previous price of €59.99 (£39.99) to €52.49 (£34.99) (S@H is €54.99 for IRL, £34.99 for UK). I decided against it in the end, and at €2.50 extra, it isn't much if I reconsider and get it in a later S@H order.