Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Harry Potter And Me

Greetings, all fans of LEGO and Harry Potter and especially LEGO Harry Potter!

This summer me and my boyfriend - who runs the largest Harry Potter fansite in Finland - started to plan a special christmas calendar for his site based on my recently revived LEGO-hobby. The calendar would be a Hogwarts built from LEGO, featuring all the residents. The problem was that we only had the Knight Bus and no other HP-sets previously.

But now, a few months and a few hundred spent euros later I'm proud to present you my collection of Harry Potter-sets!

First, here's an overview of the whole bunch - except the 2nd Hogwarts Castle, which I only got last week after dismantling all these other sets. You can see that set in the background of the minifigs in later pictures, though.

harrypotter2.jpg

I love the fact that you can combine the old HP sets with each other to build a huge (if a bit fragile and unrealistic) Hogwarts! Here's a closer example of that:

harrypotter4.jpg

There's many awesome and unique creatures lego-fied in the line, such as the basilisk, Fawkes the Phoenix, Dobby the House-elf, Fluffy the Cerberus, and Buckbeak the Hippogriff. I'm so proud to own them!

harrypotter7.jpg

Because the official sets don't unfortunately offer all the characters from the books and movies, I've had to customize them using parts from other themes. Now, these minifigs are only preliminary attempts, mere rehearsal for the christmas calendar, so I hope you forgive me for blending yellow-skins with fleshies. Some characters don't really remind their real-life counterparts, but I think I've done the best job I could with my limited amount of pieces.

So here's the cast! First, Harry Potter and his friends - Neville, Hermione, Ginny, Ron and Luna - and some of their pets.

harrypotter-minifigs1.jpg

Then here's the slithering Slytherin - Draco in the front, Grabbe and Goyle right behind him, then the girls Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode, and finally the Quidditch player Montague in the back.

harrypotter-minifigs2.jpg

Go Gryffindor! The classmates of Harry and his friends are here: Seamus Finnigan, Parvati and Padma Patil (though the latter is actually in Ravenclaw in the books) with Lavender Brown in the middle, and the awfully pale black boy Dean Thomas.

harrypotter-minifigs3.jpg

And here's some of the Weasleys: the twins Fred and George, and their parents Arthur and Molly.

harrypotter-minifigs4.jpg

And the rest of the Hogwarts students are here: Cho Chang, Katie Bell in Quidditch uniform, the ill-lucked Cedric Diggory, and two random guys at the sides.

harrypotter-minifigs5.jpg

Moving on to the Hogwarts faculty! Most of them are official minifigs anyway, so no bother introducing them.

harrypotter-minifigs6.jpg

Here are some other residents of the Hogwarts castle along with a few visitors: Madame Hooch, the librarian Irma Pince, the janitor Filch, Nurse Pomfrey, Dobby the House-elf, Moaning Myrtle, Peeves the poltergeist, and Stan Shunspike from the Knight Bus.

harrypotter-minifigs8.jpg

Here's the Ghost Gang chilling on the attic: Moaning Myrtle, Professor Binns, Nearly-Headless Nick, the Bloody Baron and Peeves.

harrypotter-minifigs10.jpg

And finally, the evil Lord Voldemort with his boot-licking Lucius Malfoy by his side, along with the sisters Narcissa and Bellatrix Malfoy.

harrypotter-minifigs12.jpg

Now, I realize there's still a lot of characters missing (Sirius, Tonks, Umbridge, Slughorn, Pettigrew etc.), but I'll try to make them for the christmas calendar - which I'll of course portray here as well once it's finished!

Comments, questions, suggestions? Everything is accepted! :grin:

Wow, thats quite a collection...

I'm not that much into HP Lego, but I am impressed by that picture...

Must have costed you quie a bit too.

That's an awful lot of tan and sand-green bricks! :laugh:

I missed out on a lot of the Harry Potter sets because of my dark ages, but the few that I have picked up have been pretty good, at least Lego wise. I like your 'custom' figs too- I can't wait to see how you do Tonks and Slughorn.

I'm pretty jealous. :wink:

A true Harry Potter fan! :thumbup:

Sandy, I am dead impressed envy of your collection. This is so amazing! I knew a thing or two, about combining all the play sets together and form a giant display. Now, I seen it with my very eyes with this impressive collection of yours. :oh3:

I like how you make an effort to create a full characters cast in this theme, even providing characters that is not done by TLG. I think you have done a great job to gather these old sets together and form this awesome display.

Now then, will we be watching out for your Harry Potter reviews too? I am curious to see more of its features in these lovely sets. :wub:

WOW! You may have the largest collection I've ever seen here, yet I can see one fault. I look too old :cry_sad::tongue: Great collection though, the creatures like Fluffy and Fawkes are great now I think about it!

hehe , nice harry potter sets collection ^^

but I thought they made "licensed" minifig with skin colours Oo they didn't make it for the harry potters set ?

but I thought they made "licensed" minifig with skin colours Oo they didn't make it for the harry potters set ?

They did, but Harry Potter was around before the flesh to yellow licensed color change, so any Harry Potter figs before 2004 were yellow, and any after that were flesh.

But anyways, very stunning collection you have, Sandy! So do you have every single HP set out there? I only have the Knight Bus and the the secret statue doorway. Some good figs in there, including the official ones. I definitely agree that the customs need work, but I know that you will come through. :classic: Like WhiteFang said, hopefully we'll see some good reviews from you of these great sets, if you ever get the time to do so. :wink:

Sandy, what a collection!! Your display really looks great. Looking forward to seeing your calendar pics when you have them done!

That's a mighty impressive display, and I like the minifigs. I was not a Harry Potter lego fan at the time it came out (my dark ages) but I think it was mainly due to the price, and the pillar and platform construction (which when price-conscious, seemed a con).

Now however, I am a fan. They are very useful parts (not least *because* of the pillars and platforms, but also oodles of tan and grey shades) and have a lot of excellent minifig accessories and special parts.

I'm rather happy to have managed to get most of them from ebay over the last year or two, although the pictured collection beats my own! The second Hogwarts Castle is a masterpiece and gem - I have kept it separate from my sorted collection.

Very nice. I miss having that display set up, it was peaceful time, it was a better time...

Anyway, its been a long time since a Harry Potter topic that has interested me, so, I would just like to point out that Seamus Finnigan went to my school! Sorry for going off topic, but Irish members might like to know that, I think, Damien Rice went there aswell.

Glad to see a good HP topic :thumbup:

Sandy,

Great collection. Always nice to see another HP fan here.

I always wish we had gotten 1, just 1, character from Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Sure, I'd have spent all my money on Bricklink getting multiples but it would have been worth it.

Since you have such a great collection of figures, have you given any thoughts to a Luna custom or something of the sort to finish off the 'main students'

-Tohst

Whee, thanks for all the compliments! :wub: I really did put a lot of money to this collection, now I just have to find the time to create something awesome from it.

Now then, will we be watching out for your Harry Potter reviews too? I am curious to see more of its features in these lovely sets. :wub:

I haven't really thought about reviews before... My problem is, only few of these sets were new and unopened, so I can't write a proper "out-of-the-box-and-step-by-step-building"-type of review, but I'll keep the reviews in mind if I ever happen to get in a mood of some serious evaluation. :wink:

As you see from my pictures, there are a few fleshies in the mix. The first two batches came with yellow skins, and the later three with fleshies. There are much more sets with yellow skinned minifigs, though.

So do you have every single HP set out there?

Oh no, I don't even have half of them! :tongue: I wish I would!

Since you have such a great collection of figures, have you given any thoughts to a Luna custom or something of the sort to finish off the 'main students'

But I already made Luna! She's up there in the picture with Harry and the gang. She's my absolute favorite character in the whole franchise, I wouldn't miss making her for the world. :grin:

Very nice. I miss having that display set up, it was peaceful time, it was a better time...

Anyway, its been a long time since a Harry Potter topic that has interested me, so, I would just like to point out that Seamus Finnigan went to my school! Sorry for going off topic, but Irish members might like to know that, I think, Damien Rice went there aswell.

Glad to see a good HP topic :thumbup:

My claim to fame is that I attended Wyedean Comperehensive School - the same school as JKR. She was in her last year as I was in my first.

I also know the teacher on whom she based Snape - Mr Nettleship was his name, a Science teacher - and the resemblance is uncanny.

Dr. S.

I love it Sandy--I have about half of the HP sets, and made a lot of customs myself. I love your use of Anakin's hair for Cedric Diggory--very nice look. Did you add a Professor Flitwick to the Hogwarts faculty? He's one of my li'l favorites. :)

Did you add a Professor Flitwick to the Hogwarts faculty? He's one of my li'l favorites. :)

Yes, I did. You can probably spot him better in this picture:

harrypotter-minifigs7.jpg

There's also Pomona Sprout. She was supposed to wear the Castle Advent Calendar's maiden's brown dress, but the set still hasn't arrived here, even though I ordered it well over a week ago. :sceptic:

There he is. Nice. I love Professor Sprout too...after you get her new dress, you'll have to post an updated picture.

Great stuff--and I love seeing your castle all assembled. Mine met with the Disaster of 2006, and I haven't reassembled it all since. Maybe it's time to do that...

Thats an impressive collection of HP you have, Sandy! You designed the characters that didn't came out in LEGO very well, even characters that did came out :wink:: Neville longbottom is a minifig in this set. Still, i think I like your Neville even better with the famous screaming face!

Thats an impressive collection of HP you have, Sandy! You designed the characters that didn't came out in LEGO very well, even characters that did came out :wink:: Neville longbottom is a minifig in this set. Still, i think I like your Neville even better with the famous screaming face!

I know that, I have that set too. I just didn't want to have a fleshie-head on him. Also, I like my panicked version of him better as well. :tongue:

A very nice collection Ive never been a fan of Harry Potter but I like to use the pieces for castles. :tongue:

Wow, thats really really awsome. I really like those Harry Potter sets too, but dont have that many and especially no place to display them in my small flat...

Maybe that all gets better when there will be more money some day :D

Some of the figs I did not even know :blush:

Greetings, Aredhel

Looks good. I'm also busy to collect all HP-sets now, which you can see here:

c_-_the_hp-corner_is_growing.jpg

It's a shame that lego has not all minifigs according the books. I like your solution how you've added the 'missing' minifigs.

Edited by Panda9001100