How do you rate my creation?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me!

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

I always wanted to build those beautiful spaceships from one of the best series ever, Battlestar Galactica. Finally I managed to sit down and actually build instead of dreaming. My first choice was a Raptor since I really wanted to use that new windscreen from Agents theme. I'll try to build a Cylon Raider next time and Viper Mark2 some other day. Maybe I'll drop a micro scale Galactica on the way, who knows... Here's the result:

00.jpg

Brickshelf folder when public

Direct link to my web site gallery

I hope you like it, let me know what you think so I can improve the model and myself.

Edited by cagri

Ooooh, very nice. I'm a fan. Looks quite accurate, too :) Although, is there an interior?

And don't make a microscale Galactica, go the whole way! Fig-scale Galactica FTW!

improve it ? I don't really know how to improve it, I think it's a really nice moc ^^ :thumbup:

I am a hughe fan of Battlestar Gallactica and have all 3 seasons on DVD...(in Belgium only 3 were already released on DVD, in the US maybe more, I dont know)

Anyway i can say: it looks GREAT !! I voted outstanding and I mean it. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: from me

I'll try to build a Cylon Raider next time and Viper Mark2 some other day. Maybe I'll drop a micro scale Galactica on the way, who knows...

I cant wait: a Viper would be neat, but also the Cylon Raiders would be nice.

What about Colonial 1 ? I think building this one would be easier then Galactica.

For those who dont know what a Raptor is: its a small transport-like spaceship with a lot of different scanners and equip^ment on board.

It is often used to scout and/or scan area's (for survivors, enemies,...) or to assist groundattacks (by bombing).

It is not a very good fighter, although it has some air-to air weapons (incl. missiles)

Its basic crew consists of 2 men: a pilot and a navigator/computercontroller.

Thank you guys, your words are encouraging! We do have an interior but with a couple of problems. Comp/nav controller can be seated inside if he has any headgear. And there is no way for the pilots to get in the ship since the door won't open :) Here's a picture of the interior, I'll add it to Bshelf as well:

10.jpg

BTW if you deal with funding I'll surely build a fig-scale Galactica, in fact I'll build a human-scale too :) And Colonial1 would be harder for me to build, it requires quite a lot of detail on the back.

Edited by cagri

The interior is larger and more detailed then I expected.

And yes, you are right about the Colonial 1, but I think the details on the back are the only hard thing, its also a lot smaller ten a Battlestar-sized ship like the Galactica. The interior wouldn t be that large either, at least that is what I think, since we havent seen much of it, except for the "White hall" and the stairs...

Anyway, I hope you build some more, whatever the scale might be.

BTW if you deal with funding I'll surely build a fig-scale Galactica, in fact I'll build a human-scale too :) And Colonial1 would be harder for me to build, it requires quite a lot of detail on the back.

I started a Colonial One a while back, there are WIP pictures on my Brickshelf Here, ignore the off colors and Viking at the controls, but I quit the project due to lack of parts. What I got done [back, base of ship] might give you some ideas though.

:wub: I like your ship..... :wub: The ship is very well designed and I can't wait until you make more! :thumbup:

Lego12

Edited by lego12

A very smooth and authentic looking rendition, and with very fine details too.

I really like that little ship from the series and you did a great job on it.

This is a really cool space MOC. I can tell you have put a lot of effort and time into your MOC. Great joba and keep up the good work.