Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

10200 Customs Garage Now Available

I didn't see this info posted elsewhere, so thought I would share. If it is old news, please disregard.

Lego SAH (US) now has set 10200 Customs Garage factory set available at $69.99.

Lego's set description:

Customize these classic hot-rod racers!

These custom hot rods are tuned-up, turbo-charged, and ready to burn up the road! Designed by some of the most talented LEGO fans around, they’ve got classic racing details, innovative parts and building techniques, and modular engines that you can swap from car to car, plus a racing garage with a working auto lift and removable roof to let you customize them even more!

Includes 3 cars and drivers, mechanic with tools, High Speed Customs garage, 6 different hot rod engines, and a LEGO Digital Designer CD!

Create your own custom models and order them online at LEGO Factory!

Here's a link to the set:

10200 Customs Garage

And a few pictures:

10200-000-xx-13-1.jpg

10200-000-xx-23-1.jpg

10200-000-xx-33-1.jpg

Seems like a good set and a good deal as far as the number of parts is concerned.

The main picture on the LEGO site only shows the garage and one car. I think this is a VERY BAD presentation on LEGO's part as parents not looking closely at the description are probably going to judge the set to be a poor deal, as one car and garage is clearly not worth the price.

Otherwise, great set, and if it really is a true Factory set, I'll be looking for the SW torso in PAB online soon!

Does anybody know why the instructions still aren't online? We almost got them early for every set this year, but not this time. I'm very interested in the building technique and on what is inside the garage.

Wow! This is an impressive set! :oh3:

Two heads I need there! The one in the orange car and the one in the Naboo Fighter pilot torso!

I may get this! Lots of great parts and new stuff for me! :oh:

Notice how the driver of the orange car has a Doctor Inferno henchman torso. :laugh:

Thank you very much for this information, TheBrickster! :sweet:

I personally do really not like this set :thumbup: - so I won't buy it.

I luckily already own the 6561 Hot Rod Club and the 6369 Auto Workshop which are way better because they are much lovelier designed, the cars aren't that huge and there are much more accesories :thumbup: .

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Not bad, not bad at all! :wub:

Anyway I know that Factory sets use to be more expensive than the others but this one is a bit too much expensive I think... :hmpf_bad:

I like this set very much, it will be a great addition to my town. Although it's quite expensive, I will certainly buy it! Thanks for the news.

Sooooo, does LDD get updated again soon with the new parts? I spy with my little eye lots of new parts that might be extremely useful in LDD!

Thanks for the news Brickster. I really hope we get those parts soon on PaB! :wub:

This great new set is also available at s@h germany for 99 eur. Why ist this set so much more expansive than in the u.s.?? 70$ are 50 eur at the moment.

:thumbdown:

Wow it is £70 and $70! What a rip off! Although I have to admit the pimped up cars do look very good and detailed

Thanks for informing us, TheBrickster!

I personally do really not like this set :thumbup: - so I won't buy it.

I luckily already own the 6561 Hot Rod Club and the 6369 Auto Workshop which are way better because they are much lovelier designed, the cars aren't that huge and there are much more accesories :thumbup: .

Klaus-Dieter, I totally agree with you. I also find set 6561 and 6369 nicer but - in contrast to you - I don't own them. :sad: I don't find the garage looks good. The same is true for the cars. Just a matter of taste.... but I do agree when some of you say it's expensive! 99.99 euro! Wow, that's dear! Market Street 10190 is 89.99 euro! Set 10200 must be so expensive because a digital designer CD is included.

Strange discrepencies in price.

As for the US, I'm not sure why folks are saying that it's a bad deal. Here in the US it's 70 bucks, which is pretty much average for a set with nearly 900 pieces. Not quite the deal that Market street is, with it's 1200 bricks for $90, but still a fair deal. It's a different story in Europe. I can't understand why it would be 99eru and more than Market street. It's certainly not worth it for buyers in europe.

Folks who are focused on classic town and 4 wide vehicles will probalby not like it, but there's no denying that 10200 has some of the most detailed automobiles we have yet seen in the new 6 wide city standard. If I were into hot rod cars, I would definatley buy it, but as $ is tight these days and I have other LEGO priorities, I will probably pass it up. As I mentioned in an earlier post though, I will definately be waiting for the arrival of the new batch of PAB parts.

Edited by Eilif

It's a very nice looking set. I'd probably get it had I not already been hit for $200 this Spring with the Space Factory sets. :sceptic:

Who knows. Perhaps if they have one assembled and on display at the LEGO store this weekend I may rethink my decision deino2.gif

This great new set is also available at s@h germany for 99 eur. Why ist this set so much more expansive than in the u.s.?? 70$ are 50 eur at the moment.

:thumbdown:

Na los, lass uns gemeinsam heulen... :thumbdown:

It´s ridiculous that this set is 99 Euros. I really was intending to buy it, although I don´t have ANY other city set so far, but at this price I certainly don´t!

Oh, wait. I still have the very first set of my childhood, which for pure coincidence happens to be a garage as well, but that´s not the question here.

On the other hand, the Star Justice and Space Skulls have been issued at 99 Euros, too, and some time later dropped to 69 Euros or so. If this is gonna happen with this garage, I might change my oppinion again and buy it.

Well, it looks like an interesting enough selection of parts and minifigs, and sure you've plenty of options within that one set for doing your own vehicles. The cars displayed look a bit cobbled together mind you, and the garage somewhat austere.

€99 seems pricy for a set like this - it's not that exciting and many small pieces. With a US price of $70, I would have thought a European price of €70 more reasonable (that's still a huge chunk more dough than $70). Seems like the Space Skulls/Star Justice - which were €99 here too on release, then reduced to €70 (although that price still doesn't entice me).

Oh well, I hope the parts show up on PaB and LDD.

I didn't see this info posted elsewhere, so thought I would share. If it is old news, please disregard.

Lego SAH (US) now has set 10200 Customs Garage factory set available at $69.99.

Lego's set description:

Customize these classic hot-rod racers!

These custom hot rods are tuned-up, turbo-charged, and ready to burn up the road! Designed by some of the most talented LEGO fans around, they’ve got classic racing details, innovative parts and building techniques, and modular engines that you can swap from car to car, plus a racing garage with a working auto lift and removable roof to let you customize them even more!

Includes 3 cars and drivers, mechanic with tools, High Speed Customs garage, 6 different hot rod engines, and a LEGO Digital Designer CD!

Create your own custom models and order them online at LEGO Factory!

Here's a link to the set:

10200 Customs Garage

And a few pictures:

10200-000-xx-13-1.jpg

10200-000-xx-23-1.jpg

10200-000-xx-33-1.jpg

Sorry friend but is old news yesterday, I was the first to take pictures on eurobricks.

See Link http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...20245&st=30

It's kind of funny to see Americans talk about how expensive it is and then go to S@H and find that it in sweden it's insanely cheap with a pricetag as low as $157.921 USD. :tongue:

It's so overpriced one can only wonder if there are a license buried in there somewhere. I would expect this price on a Star Wars set not one of "their own" sets... I'm not going to buy that set at that price, period!

However there seems to be a trend that the factory sets start out expensive and then get cheaper. Take the Creator Space sets for instance. If I remember the launch price correctly their prices has dropped by about $37 since then. I expect that this set will go the same way.

I might buy the set if it drops to about the same pricelevel as the factory space sets has now...