Sign in to follow this  
mrts

Evil Wizard Tricks

indexed.gif

I finished a new moc. Its somewhat a followup moc on my original Wizard Tricks moc i made during CCCV.

Evil Wizard Tricks

Description:

Here we can see a scene inside the castle of the scorpion king Vladek. We are in the wizard quarters. Wizard Yakan is trying out his newest summoning spell. He is going to try to summon and control a greater demon from the 13th circle of Megablocks! In this scene the summoning is in full motion. The greater demon Baraktur is already coming through the portal! The wizard has prepared a sacrifice on an altar before the demon to satisfy him. But is it enough for this mighty demon? A 2nd slave is held ready by an assistant of the wizard, ready to be given to the demon as soon as needed. Still, will Yakan be able to satisfy the greater demon? Will he be able to control it? Or has the evil wizard gone too far this time?...

Meanwhile deep underneath the surface all the evil magic Yakan has been using over the years has had some side effects. Along side a glowing river of lava some ancient rivals are battling each other for eternity. The skeleton Falcon army struggles forever with the ghosts of the Dragon Knights over which they think is still their world…

Alongside all this evil magic we find a friendly hermit living in his cave. He's enjoying his little turkey, totally

oblivious to all the evil around him….

1.jpg

2.jpg

Please check the folder for more photo's: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=340588

I hope you all like it! Comments are appreciated :)

That's just fantabulous. You made this look like a real world building, yet it's not out of place with minifigs. And I love the underground lake of lava. Just... WOW.

Now that is an evil Wizard! I wouldn't mind purchasing a set like this. :wub:

Ah I was hoping you would post this on here. :wub:

One of my favourite bits is the swirling vortex from which the demon is emerging. That is just awesome, and cleverly done. The building itself looks great, from the vaulted ceiling to the tile work on the floor. Those windows look nice, in particular, and I also love the two big pillars. The alter is well done, sufficiently evil looking to me, and the other little wizardly touches are great, such as the spell books and potions just lying around. Just got to love the cat. :laugh: I also like the bookshelf, that is a nice touch.

That hermit is hilarious for some reason. :laugh:

A really beautiful MOC, you have done a great job on this. :thumbup:

I saw this on brickshelf yesterday and I was very VERY impressed your portal + demon are just incredible and the detail is just superb great build :thumbup:

Well, it's a little masterpiece here! :thumbup:

I saw it in brothers-brick blog yesterday and I liked it very much, specially that amazing black demon and its fire hollow :wub:

Wow! Brilliant, brilliant work! I thin kthis may be my favourite Castle moc yet, I love the fiery vortex from which the black demon is emerging, as well as all the other details. Thanks for sharing! :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Just fantastic. Using wagon wheels for the column tops was a great idea, which I will have to steal sometime- I never know what to do with those big wheels.

But please, you've got to reveal how you made the vortex. I've been staring at the pictures, but I can't figure it out.

Wow, amazing!! The architecture is great, with the ceiling arches! It reminds me a bit of the Hogwarts Dining Hall. The portal is great! If I could give this MOC one word to describe it, it would be "Magical"! :wub:

This is an incredible moc which has just bought to "live" in front of my screen. It's so lively, especially the vortex which is so visually appealing. The tower grounds are construct in a very nice manner, with nice checker flooring, magical acccessories and books. The cage prison, windows, shelves, chairs are some great little stuff that makes the overall incredible creation. It seemed, I am watching a fantasy movie from just looking at it. I know my imagniation is a little far-fetched, but this moc of yours is clearly delivering this message in my mind. :thumbup:

In addition, below the tower grounds actually lies the larva flow and fallen souls whom still bending to fight despite after death. On the other hand, the hermit is unaware of the events around him. Totally incredible :wub:

Have you ever thought of deeplink some of your images? :wink:

Thank you all for these cool reactions! I really enjoy reading them.

@Tacitus:

Just fantastic. Using wagon wheels for the column tops was a great idea, which I will have to steal sometime- I never know what to do with those big wheels.

But please, you've got to reveal how you made the vortex. I've been staring at the pictures, but I can't figure it out.

For the portal i used these

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2466

I put them on their sides behind eachother so they form a circel. Behind this i made a trans clear red wall using different parts (i had to be creative there since i dont have much transparent red pieces lol), and behind that i placed a bright yellow transclear panel, this one: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2409

The combination of trans clear red & yellow gives the portal an orangish like color when a lamp is placed behind it...something like that? :classic:

@WhiteFang:

Have you ever thought of deeplink some of your images?

Ah good idea, thx. I added 2 deeplink pictures in my first post. :classic:

Edited by mrts

That is so cool! You have really captured the scene well, you can feel the terror as the demon breaches the portal!

I love some of the elements you have used.

The sand green tiles, the columns, the underground lava and battle with ghosts! The list goes on.

Thanks for sharing the tricks behind the portal, must try something like that one day.

Finally, you have shown me some great techniques to try on my future builds ( of course I would be happy to give you credit any day)

Cheers

ISC

Amazing work MrTS! A wonderful sequel to your original.

The architecture is really well done, but the portal is really what makes the creation for me. It is brilliant. I had to stare at it a while to figure out how you did it... at first I wasn't sure if it was actual Lego or not! :oh: The way you did the underground lava is also really cool.

Dear mrts,

thats just an amzing MOC!

The portal is sheer brilliance! :laugh:

The detailing in the room is very nicely done.

I also like the ghost vs skelleton battle next to the lava stream.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thank you all for these cool reactions! I really enjoy reading them.

@Tacitus:

For the portal i used these

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2466

I put them on their sides behind eachother so they form a circel. Behind this i made a trans clear red wall using different parts (i had to be creative there since i dont have much transparent red pieces lol), and behind that i placed a bright yellow transclear panel, this one: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2409

The combination of trans clear red & yellow gives the portal an orangish like color when a lamp is placed behind it...something like that? :classic:

Ah-ha! Now, I see it. That's really creative thinking. I hadn't even considered those bent window parts. Nicely done!

I really love the fighting skeletons and ghosts , and this big dragon coming out this vortex is really cool !

really awesome moc :thumbup:

Edited by Guss