1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Dark times in LEGO Castle land...

The poor knight is being held prisoner in the skeletons' prison carriage. We must help the brave knight on horseback free him at once.

Let's ride!

7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage

7092-1.jpg

Set Info

Set Name: 7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage

Theme: Castle

Released: 2007

Price: USD 19.99-GBP 14.99-EUR 19.95

Pieces: 193

Minifigs: 5

Animals: 4

Price Per Piece: About 10 cents

Review Time!

Box shots

Our first pic is the front of the box, which shows a dark image of the knight attemping to free the prisoner.

koi_001.jpg

And here is the back, showing some features.

koi_002.jpg

The Manual

The image on the manual is the same as on the box front.

koi_003.jpg

Random Manual Shot

No piece call-outs, but the color distinction is not a problem.

koi_004.jpg

The Parts

193 pieces doesn't seem like a lot, but many of them are quite large. The selection is pretty good. Lots of greys and black.

koi_005.jpg

Minifigs

With this set comes a whopping 5 minifigs which is amazing for a $20 set. The knights are very nice and one has a double-sided head.

koi_006.jpg

The Horses

Adding to the already large minifig count are the 4 horses. 3 skeleton horses, and 1 great brown horse for the knight.

koi_007.jpg

Extra Parts

koi_008.jpg

Now, the finished set!

First, we have the brave knight on his brown stallion. The horse's head covering looks very nice. And the knight gets a nice long pointy stick.

koi_009.jpg

The main event, the prison carriage! The design of this is excellent. With the bionicle piece and the white horns, it looks very spooky.

koi_010.jpg

The Tower

This part is one of my favorites. It uses white horns to give it a great creepy look. One problem is that there is barely enough room for the 2 skeletons.

koi_011.jpg

The Driver

Here you can see the driver and his whip. You can also see the bionicle spine.

koi_012.jpg

A side view

When you look from the side, you can see the great design of the prison. It is placed on tiles for easy removal and looks great with the round white 1 x 1s on the corners.

koi_013.jpg

Horses' Harness

This is another very well designed portion of the set. The harness attaches easily to the horses and to the carriage.

koi_014.jpg

The Prison

Look at the poor imprisoned knight. :cry_sad: Let's try to free him! :thumbup:

koi_015.jpg

The back of the prison hinges down! The knight is freed! :cry_happy:

koi_016.jpg

Everything Together

All together, the set looks fantastic. The carriage has a great creepy skeleton feel, and getting 9 minifigs is amazing.

koi_017.jpg

Brickshelf Folder

Ratings

Price: 10/10 (193 pieces and 9 figs is fantastic for $20)

Parts: 9/10 (Lots of good large pieces)

Design: 10/10 (Captures the spooky skeleton look very well)

Playability: 8/10 (It's fun to try and free the prisoner and the carriage rolls well)

Build: 9/10 (Easy but fun)

Minifigs: 10/10 (The sheer amount of figs is great and they look great)

Overall: 56/60

The future of LEGO Castle...

koi_018.jpg

Summary

This is an amazing set for the price. A huge amout of minifigs, combined with a great design and good playabilty makes the set a winner.

I would certainly recommend this set to anyone that remotely likes LEGO sets.

Thanks, and happy building! :classic:

Nice review, it seems that you really covered all aspects of this FANTASTIC set.

My favorite part about it is probably the fact that you can give almost every included minifig a mount, except for one poor knight :cry_sad: . However, another part I like is that the horse includes a plain saddle, which is a nice relief after the overabundance of the gold-plate barding, which is nice, but overused in the early sets.

Also, the SW jokes are hilarious! I particularly the running gag with the walker, but I like this one too.

Reason for Edit: I made a mistake due to a loss of internet and an accidental post.

Edited by Francis Marion

You're really rolling these reviews out, huh? :classic:

I am not sure how I feel about this set. While it does include five figs, three are skeletons and are generally worth much less than say three trolls/orcs (I know they didn't exist at this point in time so this is understandable). The amount of horses is nice, but I'm not a big LEGO horse fan.

What this set does have is a great appearance and brings atmosphere to the table. $20 is an affordable amount for those of us who do not wish to splurge too much on a toy while being enough to actually get a large enough set to create something out of.

Personally, I'd rate it in between average and above average. Like another Castle set (I can't remember which), I just feel this one also lacks something.

I really like this set, and it's probably my next purchase from a store (if I can still find it). There's alot of great pieces (I especially like the spiked thingy on the front), and it makes a great addition for any skeletal army.

Above all, I just love the spine-chilling feeling of it. If I were a minifig in a Legoland, I'd be scared out of my pants-piece if I saw a carriage like that rolling towards me in a dark night.

Well, indeed looks like a very nice set. Especially the scared knights are very nice ;)

one of the best sets from the new castle theme.

we havent seen a carriage in a long long time.

and it looks so spooky and sceary!

lots of minifigs

new skeleton horses (3!)

this was the first set i got from the new castle theme!!

outstanding!

That’s a nice review, though I do feel the price was a little high but as you said you get so much in it. Last year Argos in the UK reduced it to £7.99, which was a true bargain and sent me all over London looking for a store with more in stock.

Again as with all the Lego castle sets I think what makes it work so well is that Lego are now providing a much larger number of minfigs and that’s often what makes a set.

This was one of the first sets I bought from the new Castle theme and I love it.

So many figs and awesome skeleton horses in just one set.

At the same time you get quite a few usefull black bricks for castle MOCs.

Another perfect set in the new world of Castle :thumbup:

Review added to the index.

I bought this set to have the scared minifig, but I found a lot of cool pieces and stuffs... I love this set ^^

That's a super review Erdbeereis1, as usual and as we can expect from one of the Academy teachers.

I gave the set a 4 (above average) because I think there are quite some minifigs included for its price (which is, I think, not that expensive at all)

I also like the parts that are included, like the sceleton horses and weapons, wheels,...

IMHO this set is a great armybuilder ! BTW: In Belgium I have seen this set being sold for 15,99 Euros.

What an amazing review! I actually have this set and I decided to take it apart. It has a brown horse :wub: and a lot of useful pieces, so taking it apart was a good idea. :classic: Now I have three LEGO horses! Hoorah! :tongue: The end of the review was the funniest... :sweet:

Lego12

I really do love this set. It has 5 figures, which is unheard of for a $20 set. It comes with plenty of weapons and accessories and has a great design. The detail is really well done and for anyone who wants to just buy one set, this set allows for hour of fun just by itself. I already have one of these, and hopefully will be getting a second.

This was my first set from the new line, so I'm rather partial to it. I'm glad to see it get such high praise. It's quite the lovely little Halloween-y set. I wonder if TheBrickster could modify this for his WW Grave Stone MOCs? (Hint, hint, hintedy, hint, hint. :pir-wink: )

Edited by Pirates Forever

This set is alright but it doesnt have that pizzaz feeling you know what I mean. I would prefered a knights carrage realy but the design is ok. :pirate:

I'm a little late in the coming (okay, a lot :tongue: ), but regardless, I'd applaud you for another fantastic and insightful review, Erdbeereis. :thumbup:

Out of all the castle sets, this one remains one of my favorites. I got it for Christmas in 2007, before I intended to spend much money on the new Castle theme (that changed once I managed to get the King's Castle Siege for a very good price). It's really a wonderful set all around - the design accomplishes the spooky undead feel very well, and it contains a good piece selection and a phenomenal amount of minifigs. Seriously, this set is almost unrivaled in modern lego in the final area - I'm still amazed at how many minifigures TLC put in the kit. :oh: I also appreciate that the carriage has a far more realistic horse arangement - after all the sillyness of the one-horse pulled siege engines in KK, it's good to finally see a carriage pulled by multiple horses again. :wink:

All in all, an excellent set, and well worth $20 IMO. :thumbup:

Great review!

This is my 2nd favorite lego castle set (tied with Skeleton Tower) that I own. My first favorite is Drawbridge Deffense.

Great review, Erdbeereis1:thumbup:

this really is a fantasic set.

let's hope Lego makes more sets like these (with 5 minifigs+4 horses at a price of $19.99? :sweet:)

actually, it's about RM200 here. and it's not even price-to-piece count. :angry:

anyways, amazing review, ad if i could get more Castle sets this year, i might even join the

Reviewer's Academy :grin:

Great Review Erdbeereis :thumbup:

This is a cool set!

Pics are Great! Love that shot of the lightsabers! :laugh:

Well done!

CommanderFox

You say in the review it's great to get 9 minifig's, but there are only 2 minifigs and 3 skeletons??

You say in the review it's great to get 9 minifig's, but there are only 2 minifigs and 3 skeletons??

He's probably counting the four horses as well.

He's probably counting the four horses as well.

Oh, since when are hores minifigs?