Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

The Night Python

indexed.gif

A work-in-progress for a few months, I'm pleased enough with the result to post it here. I may make some changes to it though. The photos are a little poorly lit, but you still get the general idea.

Without further ado... the Night Python!

Main shot:

night_python1.png

Side view:

night_python4.png

Side view 2:

nightpython8.png

Cockpit detail:

night_python2.png

Back detail:

night_python3.png

Armor plating:

night_python5.png

Back view:

nightpython6.png

Greeble detail:

nightpython7.png

The Night Python is designed to be silent and powerful. It's equipped with anti-infantry repeaters, mounted on the hull of the vehicle, and two devastating artillery-grade plasma cannons attached to each wing. It is heavily armored and is best suited to engage flagships, bases, or other well protected enemy units. However, it is vulnerable to smaller and faster spacecraft, as it is not very maneuverable and isn't designed to attack light targets.

The model CAN fit a minifigure inside- but I couldn't figure out how to get the cockpit to open smoothly without ruining the sleek look of the hull. So you pretty much have to take it apart to put in a minifig. Also, every kind of landing gear I tried looked clunky, so it's mounted on a stand in all of these pictures.

I made a series of minifigs to go with the theme.

Pilot:

npfigs2.png

Aero troopers:

npfigs1.png

Let me know what you think. :)

Alg mocs? :cry_happy:

This is awesome. The shape is great. Have you thought of tiling the whole thing?

A very sleek and dangerous looking beast that is indeed, and although your MFs look quite nice too,

the only real fitting crew for that ship would´ve to look pretty close to H. R. Giger´s Alien... :thumbup:

Funky, scary, and equipped with nice figs. Great work!

God Bless and thanks for sharing!

Nathan

What a cool looking ship design. I love the guns intakes and the main thruster.

I only have two complaints. It is nearly all black. LEGO doesn't feel right without a little color in it, even if it is just a stripe or something. And second how do you find time to build such sweet stuff with all those awesome DS games right there.

I only have two complaints. It is nearly all black. LEGO doesn't feel right without a little color in it, even if it is just a stripe or something. And second how do you find time to build such sweet stuff with all those awesome DS games right there.

It's all black because it's supposed to be a stealth ship. Also, I had a lot of black pieces. :P

I've beaten all of them, by the way. Besides FFIII. Which sucked.

Alg mocs?

This is awesome. The shape is great. Have you thought of tiling the whole thing?

I've only recently gotten back into MOCing. The whole thing is pretty much SNOT, besides the wings, and adding more made it less sleek.

A very sleek and dangerous looking beast that is indeed, and although your MFs look quite nice too,

the only real fitting crew for that ship would´ve to look pretty close to H. R. Giger´s Alien...

Lol... what's that?

Awesome stuff, I love the slick look of the ship, even with all that dust. I do agree a tiny spice of colour could help, but I love it as it is.

A very deadly machine for sure, I'd hate to go up against it! :laugh:

Batbrick Away! :devil: