Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Luxury/Old styled Cars

indexed.gif V-LV-18D

Hi all, long time has passed since I last posted in this Trains & Town Forum.

Recently, after a massive play with LEGO Indy videogame, I had this idea about a luxury/old styled car. I started building, trying to include new techniques (at least new for me :blush: ), and a bit of the Shangai Escape car in it.

This was my forst outcome:

smalloldcar_001.jpg

As you can see, it cannot fit a MF. [Pic links to gallery]

So, I rebuilt it to fit a MF, and this is what I got:

longoldcar_002.jpg

This version is 4 studs longer, but the basic design is the same. [Again, pic links to gallery]

How do they look to you? Which one do you prefer?

CC are welcome.

LuxorV

Looks good. I know your really into cars and stuff, so can you check out my Milk Mobile?

Thanks.

Great work, Luxor, this car looks very nice! :sweet: I like it's long sleek look.The mudguards are especially cool, a very clever design indeed, and it really gives the car a lovely classic look to it. The two chrome harpoon projectiles work great as the grill (?) too. One thing I'd change though is replace the grey curved 2x2 brick with a black one (if you have one of course :wink:).

Other than that, great work, I love this car. However, are you sure it's not a Luxory/old styled car? (sorry, I couldn't resist :grin:) Great work! :thumbup:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Great design. I think both the styles of the car look good. :thumbup:

LuxorV, welcome back. It's nice to see you post something inside the Town and Train forum. :tongue:

At first, I thought it was an Indiana Jones MOC. However, this is one nice classic car. I had never seen that technique before. It looks real nice and black cars are cool. I find it a little wierd by looking at the front design where the chasis is tilted upwards. It's something new to me. :tongue:

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys :blush:

@ TinyPiesRUs - Well, I have that piece only in dark-grey, dark-bley and dark-red; and it's intended to be part of the motor, so I liked it to be the same color as the rest of it :blush:

@ samthelegoman1 - very nice cars; maybe they should have a topic of their own, to get all the attention they deserve :wink:

@ WhiteFang - To tell the truth, this is a case when the pieces determine the shape: it would have been too bulcky to make them orizontal, so I had to arrange things in another way :laugh:

LuxorV

@ WhiteFang - To tell the truth, this is a case when the pieces determine the shape: it would have been too bulcky to make them orizontal, so I had to arrange things in another way :laugh:

It will make the front too bulky and the end of it too light. It will make the entire design unbalance. I understand your design considerations in this MOC. Thanks LuxorV. I was wondering if you had done it on purpose or accidentaly. I am not very good in designing cars. I was thinking, maybe the wheels are too big. That's why the front part will have to be lifted upwards to fit in nicely.

Will like to share with you how I tried to construct my first car. Eventually, the front was ended up, leaving a little too much gap by the side. I had to extend the length of it in order to fit Max, the Fabuland Resident. :tongue:

84.jpg

A great and nifty car that is, LuxorV, in both versions... perhaps the shorter one looks even a tad more original.... :cry_happy:

And your cars look pretty interesting too, samthelegoman1... just try and start your own topic, you know, it´s not soo very gentle

to drive away attention in somebody else´s thread... especially without paying heed to his creations at first... :pir-sweet:

Maybe you misinterpreted the meaning of that thread here a bit. :tongue:

Thanks for the comment, Asuka. It's good to see you're here again :thumbup:

@ WhiteFang - Nice car there! I agree that fitting a Fabuland MF in a Town sized car is always a bit of pain, but I like your design nonetheless. Maybe you could fill those gaps with 2x1 bricks in the inside?

LuxorV

@ WhiteFang - Nice car there! I agree that fitting a Fabuland MF in a Town sized car is always a bit of pain, but I like your design nonetheless. Maybe you could fill those gaps with 2x1 bricks in the inside?

Thanks LuxorV. I will try to experiment with the new addition that you have suggested. Thanks for sharing this MOC of yours. Looking forward to see more of your creations. :sweet: