Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

ELEA-01

indexed.gif

The day before yesterday my wife finished the "MOC" I started 10 months ago, and although it is the best MOC ever built (at least in my oppinion :tongue: ), I wanted to share some pics of the biggest LDD spaceship I ever made.

You might have guessed it by now, I recently became father of the most wonderful and sweetest daughter.

And in dedication to her I built this LDD spaceship and named it after her. ELEA-01

Here´s an overview of the ship:

07.jpg

View from top:

08.jpg

The front part with cockpit:

06.jpg

(I didn´t build an interior, but the ship CAN be fitted for minifig size easily)

View from below:

01.jpg

(The landing gears fold in completely for better swooshabilities, but to be honest I´m not sure if they could hold the weight of this piece)

Some greeble on top:

05.jpg

(Lots of slopes and wedges there)

View of the side-engine pods:

04.jpg

(That´s the part everything started with. To be precisely it was the technic whaddayacallit piece)

Rearview of the engine pod:

03.jpg

(I´m really proud of the hinge-mounted miniwing. It´s hold in place by two hinges)

Rearview of the main engine:

02.jpg

I might add some more screenshots later, so here´s the link to the BS folder, just in case.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=336190

If you are interested in any particular detail shot, please let me know and I´ll provide it.

And finally: the inspiration MOC :wub:

elea_und_papa.jpg

Just to avoid any confusion;

MOC: Wow that's huge. I haven't seen many LDD ships of that size. Does it take long? What would it cost? :sceptic: The ship reminds me of Battlestar Galactica; you could say that it's micro-scale and it would still work. Nice greebles and very impressive!

Baby: She isn't bad looking for a new born. You'll have to post a photo in a month. :wink: Congrats daddy! :tongue:

Congratulations on both moc's (?).

The ship looks awesome and your daughter looks lovely. Make the most of her being the size she is because in no time at all she will be crawling round the floor grabbing any lego left laying around. Then walking round pulling lego off of the tables she can reach even if it means climbing onto chairs to get it- i know because our little girl is 15 months old now and nothing is safe !!

MOC: Wow that's huge. I haven't seen many LDD ships of that size. Does it take long? What would it cost? :sceptic: The ship reminds me of Battlestar Galactica; you could say that it's micro-scale and it would still work. Nice greebles and very impressive!

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah, it took me several days to build it, but I was right in time for the day of birth.

I had to make three individual files due to the size. The side engine pods and the mainframe. Unfortunatly, somewhere is a bug in the ship, so everytime I load the thing in LDD it claims some pieces weren

Edited by DJ Force

A truly large moc you've created. How many bricks does it contain ?

Congratulations too with your daugther, you must be proud.

Front