14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Hello all Eurobricks members and Town Lovers,

Today, I will be doing up the second item in the SHELL Promotional series in 1998. Three out of the eight promotional sets are under Town theme. The second in the line is the Divers sub theme which is promoted in 1997. Divers is an excellent sub theme which provide superb aquatic sets that can be used in any Town or City set up, and provide aquatic caring environment as well. There are many real and exotic creatures such as Sharks, Swordfish, Stingray and etc.

Divers are one the best themes ever that was released in my "Dark Age". It's a pity that I only had this small lovely set. I am sure other members will expand your horizons with their other reviews as well. :wink:

Name: Divers Jet Ski

Theme: LEGO System / Town / Promotional / SHELL

Year: 1998

Pieces: 22

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$2.00

An image of a 2536, Divers, Jet Ski

1.jpg

Diving sequence on!

2.jpg

With a diver in place, she is ready to explore the deep blue sea and in search of aquatic creatures in the ocean. Opps, did I mention that she is a female diver? :wub:

Another glimpse of her without the mask on

3.jpg

This set practically provides the equipment that is actually required in a diving team. Her Jet ski is really very lovely with its red look. There are so many reasons for me that makes me drool over this set. So little piece count, yet straight to the point with good playability and fun.

<insert that tiresome argument> pieces?

7.jpg

I took off the lovely red dolphin printed part which is a wedge with 6x4. It is quite big and I had never seen it before. I had checked with Peeron, and show that this piece is only exclusive to this Promotional set. I am glad that the divers dolphin logo is printed instead of sticker which had made it so valuable. Looking at the Divers' logo, I believe Divers are advocating protection on the dolphins or illustrate care and concern like a dolphin.

Meet the Diver and her aquatic equipment

5.jpg

I simply love this mini-figure very much, especially when this is a female diver. You don't see female citizens that much in a highly populated male population in LEGO Town or City. :tongue:

The diver torso has a logo printed on it, with a small dolphin. Below it, there is a gauge meter which is supposed to monitor the depth or the oxygen supply? I am not a diving expert.

As for the rest of her diving equipment, there is a white scuba tank, a pair of yellow flippers, diver mask and a yellow speargun. IMHO, this is a very complete diver set which has complete inventory, especially for a promotional set. :sweet:

A close up look of the Jet Ski without the diver

6.jpg

Look at her, preparing to make a dive-in

4.jpg

Good bye! I am checking the sea to make sure it's is in healthy level

8.jpg

To summarise, this is a very impressive impulse set. I was very lucky to have retain this set in a complete piece. Glad to see that I am checking out the great things that I had missed during my dark age. The entire set is lovely with practically no flaws. If you find any design flaws or anything that you dislike, please tell me. :wink:

Summary review

Playability: 9.5/10 (High playability involved, especially when you used it in your sea and coast)

Design: 10/10 (Very very simple design. For a promo/impulse set, it's reasonably good)

Price: 9.5/10 (A very inexpensive set based on the 1998 pricing. Great way to buy a cool ski jet)

Overall: 9.7/10 (This vehicle is almost practically flawless. Get it if you managed to see it)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Thanks for another great review WhiteFang! I always loved this theme but i never managed to get one of the bigger sets, the only one i got was this one. What i like the most about this promotional set here is the good amount of equipment (how often do you get a water scooter witch a full divers' equipment?). Also the fact that a female fig is included makes the set even more special. A shame that you also don't have more sets. I'd love to see more of this stuff here! :thumbup:

Edited by metalandi

I have this set, and I can say that for a promo it has a ton of nice goodies, a female (Never enough), scuba equipment, a printed piece, and the yellow flippers are unique to this set. :thumbup:

Stauder.

Thanks for another great review WhiteFang! I always loved this theme but i never managed to get one of the bigger sets, the only one i got was this one. A shame that you also don't have more sets. I'd love to see more of this stuff here! :thumbup:

Although this is my only divers set, but I am sure there is someone in here will do the Divers reviews. :wink:

What i like the most about this promotional set here is the good amount of equipment (how often do you get a water scooter witch a full divers' equipment?). Also the fact that a female fig is included makes the set even more special.
I have this set, and I can say that for a promo it has a ton of nice goodies, a female (Never enough), scuba equipment, a printed piece, and the yellow flippers are unique to this set. :thumbup:

I agreed with the both of you. You have highlighted the key points of this outstanding impulse set. It's a pity I was too young back then. Otherwise, I will defintely get more of these.

Staudie, thanks for pointing out the yellow flippers. You are right on this. The yellow flippers are exclusive to this set as well, along with the lovely printed red dolphin part. You don't see exclusive parts in an impulse set these days...