Sign in to follow this  
WetWired

Batpod Complete

theaterindex.gif

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/66698

Batpod_Front.jpg

Batpod_Rear.jpg

A friend challenged me to make this after my LEGO Tumbler creation. His original challenge was to create it exclusively from pieces I had used in the Tumbler itself. My first attempt was pretty poor, but it inspired me to try and create it properly from any of the pieces I have (which isn't much).

Batpod_Riding.jpg

What I ended up creating was slightly larger than my original minifig scale Batpod, but I think a more accurate looking version. The end result I think is about 1.5 to 2 times minifig scale, but I think the Batman minifig doesn't look too out of place on it.

Batpod_Down.jpg

I did manage to capture some of the features from the movie version, such as the ability to raise and lower as shown in the picture above. Some features I was unable to recreate at such a small scale and with the limited pieces I had at my disposal. I wasn't able to make the front and rear wheels attach by only one arm each, nor was I able to fit 3 guns on each side of the front tire without making the whole thing look too bulky.

Batpod_Tumbler.jpg

The Batpod as shown next to the Tumbler, as you can see it's quite of of scale.

Batpod_Old.jpg

Above is my first attempt of the Batpod, created from pieces only used in my LEGO Tumbler creation, it's actual minifig scale but as you can see visually accurate to the film version.

Batpod_Batman.jpg

I would like to work on this some more, but I have limited pieces and I'm about to leave on a 2 month vacation to Europe and Africa (I'm in Australia) so I don't really have time at the moment unfortunately :(

Edited by ImperialShadows

Pretty cool. The level of accuracy definitely benefits from not being 'constrained' by minifig scale. The raise/lower bit is good, and there are some pretty creative techniques used there. But why do the new Batman designs have to be so hard to build? :laugh:

I wasn't able to make the front and rear wheels attach by only one arm each

Actually, I think the rear wheel is attached on both sides. It's only the front that has one bar.

I really love this MOC, it's very nice looks complex and overall looks like a great model. However, I have to say that it's too thin. It needs some major bulk, especially around the supports (it shouldn't stop the mechanism at all). Also, where Batman leans forward could use a monitor or something. It's like he's staring at the wheel all the time that he's driving. But otherwise, it's perfect. Your next step could be to make it shoot out of the tumbler, that would be really cool. :wub:

It's still really good, I've been trying to work the one bar on the front wheel too, but not much success. Either the gun is spinning, or it's too unstable. I'd really like to see some instructions for your batpod though :tongue: , then I can make my own!

Great Work!

maybe it wouldnt be so bad to add bricks outside the tumbler set, as long as you can integrate it, just like in the movie. but it's still a great job done and still lovin' it :tongue:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/66698

Batpod_Old.jpg

Above is my first attempt of the Batpod, created from pieces only used in my LEGO Tumbler creation, it's actual minifig scale but as you can see visually accurate to the film version.

I would like to work on this some more, but I have limited pieces and I'm about to leave on a 2 month vacation to Europe and Africa (I'm in Australia) so I don't really have time at the moment unfortunately :(

Any possibility of putting this version on lego factory or directions. I think it looks great and would love to get a copy of it with my joker truck. I think your tumbler is the best yet. Any other pics of this batpod???

-Mike

well done, this is a very accurate moc but I think it is a little too long on its own but when batman sits on it, it seems fine.

Impressive!! Especially when you're ONLY using the pieces from the tumbler set. i've analyzed and tried to make mine as accurate as possible as well. i ended up using a different wheel/ axle mechanism with the limited lego pieces i have, which is like 6 lego sets that were bought in the early 2000s and 90s... i used the space police wheels (from the 90s) and used a sword as an axle for the front. However, mine can't do what your does with the ability to raise and lower. Awesome job!