Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

EB News Presents : Lord Thrawn

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to EB News Presents, be sure to look at our new series, EB News reviews. Today Our guest is Lord Thrawn, I am Stauder your host, and our heckling is provided by ImperialShadows.

Staudie: Welcome to EB News Reviews.

Staudie: Uhh.. EB news Presents... 3 seconds in and he's already lost.

Lord T: Hello!

Staudie: So, Lord Thawn, why the name?

Lord T: Well back when the original TIE fighter set came out and before Darth Vader's minifig was available

Lord T: outside the TIE X1 and Y Wing set, I was without a Sith to lead my stormtrooper and scouties.

Lord T: So, I took the name Thrawn from the Grand Admiral in various Star Wars media and stuck Lord infront..

Lord T: and in my young foolishness it sounded cool. I guess it just stuck. Uh... the first TIE, the TIE Advanced, came with Vader, and the next original TIE came after that... :wacko:

Staudie: So you are Lord Thrawn from the Plane of eternal peril?

Lord T: I guess so!

Staudie: And not Lord Thawn from the land of de-frosted stuff. Your whole act is on ice...

Lord T: Not quite, I think you missed an R somewhere.

Staudie: The first was a accident, the second was on purpose. get it Thaw, as in unfreeze

Staudie: *Param-pish*

Lord T: I'm too hot for Hoth.

Staudie: Keep your shirt on, Ok next question...

Lord T: *bregrudgingly dresses*

Staudie: What got you lovin' the brick?

Lord T: Ever since the age of two I've had a LEGO thanks to my cousin who grew out of the hobby just at the

Lord T: right time. I actually got LEGO before Duplo, which never really featured in my life for better or

Lord T: worse. I loved being able to build planes in particular with my dad and this sentiment was cemented

Staudie: Yeah... I also started with normal bricks...

Lord T: when the Star Wars line launched. I had periods where I would put it down before that but since I

Lord T: got that little Qui Gon vs Maul set I never left it alone.

Lord T: Sorry I'm prattling on.

Staudie: No, continue

Staudie: this is good stuff. Yeah. Thrilling. *yawns*

Lord T: I'm done now :)

Staudie: Ok, what is your favourite theme? I rarley see much of you on the forums, you have a BS I can look at?

Lord T: I tend to focus on space now because of my previous focus on Star Wars, particularly on themes

Lord T: from movies and games I'm currently interested in; for example I've built the Flying Mule from

Lord T: Serenity lately and I had a go at Fenrir, Cloud Strife's bike from Final Fantasy VII: Advent

Lord T: Children

Lord T: I do have quite a large castle unphotographed and sitting under my bed though and a few sub-par

Lord T: Bionicle MOCs on a shelf collecting dust that I doubt anyone will ever see.

Staudie: Ahh yes, the flying mule, I belive I remember that MOC...

Lord T: You'd be better off checking out my Flickr for LEGO updates than Brickshelf

Lord T: I find its much more user friendly

Staudie: Yeah me too.

Staudie: Most EB news pictures are hosted there... On a secret account so people cant see upcoming pics. Good thing you told them that. Now they'll never figure it out.

Lord T: Also builds up a community from across the spectrum from all the sites.

Lord T: This is a pretty hard question since it has been a while since I've spent alot on LEGO.

Lord T: I have to say the first System AT-AT is a masterpiece as long as its protected from small animals

Staudie: Hehe... I hate small animals. I have a statue dedicated to my hatred of all things small and furry.

Lord T: and my clumsy friends. So that would be my #1.

Lord T: I hope the statue is built from LEGO :p

Staudie: Yes. but the small furry creatures are represented by megabloks. Is that your excuse?

Lord T: Of course. ;)

Lord T: My number 2 I guess would be Boba Fett's Slave one from 2006 which is the natural progression from

Lord T: both the other Slave 1s I loved in the past.

Staudie: Go on...

30 Jul 08, 22:25

Staudie: I am going to guess you are thinking...

30 Jul 08, 22:27

Lord T: I think my third favourite is probably the Creator Big Rig just because of the variety of parts and

Lord T: the sheer value of it all.

Lord T: And its almost to scale with the Cool Cars sports car which pleases me.

Lord T: Strange choices I know but I tend to go for midrange due to financial stresses of being a geeky teen

Staudie: As some dilbert comic said about a unfunded project "Here we will teach you to take a sponge bath

Staudie: using a wet wipe"

Lord T: You needed to be taught? ;p He needs someone to hold his hand...

Staudie: Moving on, what moment in lego history brought you most joy?

Lord T: LEGO History? I'm thinking 2004-1005 was when LEGO really turned it around from the mediocrity of

Lord T: the early 2ks and brought out some better value sets. But as I already mentioned, the one thing

Lord T: about the hobby *cough* I mean lifestyle that grabbed me by the balls was the Star Wars license.

Lord T: It has such an impact that it got me into the Star Wars films! I'll bet there's not many for who it

Lord T: went that way around,

Staudie: And your moment of glory on EB?

Lord T: Definitely when JoeMI6 and I hosted the popular Create a Hero minifig contest back when the Batman

Lord T: sets just launched. I was blown away by how well it was taken.

Lord T: We got some great entries and it was inspirational for us as newbies in the LEGO online world

Lord T: to get so much input in our first contest venture

Lord T: remembering it all makes me want to get back into the action of contests...

Staudie: I belive I looked at that... I never found the entery topic tough...

Lord T: Oh damn, thats always a source of annoyance.

Staudie: Ok, next question. How do you think TLC is doing this year, especialy the SW theme and the new

Staudie: troopers. I shudder to think that they could clone you one day... A whole army of stumbling Staudies, trying to take over the world.

Lord T :Given my current financial... lack of finance I have to say the summer's sets are too expensive for

Lord T: me to consider them

Lord T: but I think LEGO has got a winner on their hands with the adorable little Rebels and the Clone Wars

Lord T: styled Clone Troopers particularly because of the modular helmet attachments. The Clone Wars style

Lord T: (apart from the ugly faces which I'm still not used to) translate very well to LEGO.

Staudie : Amen to that.

Lord T: I do find myself disappointed by the Rogue Shadow and upcoming Twilight however just because they

Lord T: look too much like something I'd build with leftovers and I don't know if its due to the designs,

Lord T: the LEGO designers or a combination of both.

Staudie: I must agree with that...

Staudie: What sets would you see TLC make?

Lord T:Well I'm always open to new Jedi figures and we're sorely lacking a good source of Mace Windu lately

Lord T: so that Chancelor's Arrest from the TRU online poll would take my fancy for starters.

Staudie: Mace Windu battle Pack Includes Happy Windu, Sad Windu, Angry Windu, Falling out of a

Staudie: ****ing sky scraper windu.

Lord T: Outside of Star Wars I'd love the elf theme to be made reality in Castle (and I think the chances

Lord T: are high). Pirates was something I missed in my dark ages and the 'news' that it will be back makes

Lord T: me very happy.

Staudie : Next Question, do you have any pictures of you Liar/HQ/cubicle you'd like to show us?

Lord T: I'm afraid not . They were some of my early pictures on Flickr and I'm not pro so they vanished.

Lord T: But they were old and boring anyway. Speaking of Staudie...

Staudie: Awww...

Staudie: Im runnin out of material here... What is your opinion on EB News?

Lord T: I think EB news is a good way of getting to know the members more intimately (in the cleanest

Lord T: possible sense).

Lord T: As a whole LEGO fans get alot of news about upcoming sets and events but really there's not alot

Lord T: going on about the communities themselves. It really does set EB apart from some of the other

Lord T: forums I visit.

Staudie: By EB News I meant us, not the fronpage...

Lord T: I know...

Lord T: I think we have a misunderstanding on our hands here.

Staudie: We dont actually do news... We just interview people who are too slow to run away... Well

Staudie: WhiteFang is going to start EB News Reviews soon...

Lord T: Its refreshing to learn about the people more deeply in contrast to the usual set news.

Lord T: I lookforward to that.

Staudie: Can I marry the speach sythax of your brain...

Staudie: ...

Staudie: I think he ran away... I think he's laughing too hard...

Lord T: I could arange come kind of accident for his current wife...

Staudie: Wife? On the other hand let's move on...

Lord T: why not

Staudie: Am I annoying?

Lord T: Not at all, well, maybe just a little bit. You've put me completely at ease here though

Lord T: I'd say friendly instead of annoying.

Staudie: Who should we interview next?

Lord T: I think my friend JoeMI6 might be a good candidate but I'm biased since he's my best mate in real

Lord T: life too.

Lord T: He's been building a bit more lately also so he might have something deep and meaningful to say there.

Staudie: Now, Do you have a pic of your Sigfig?

Lord T: by chance I do

Staudie: :D

Lord T: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lord-Thr...vatar/lordt.png pre-whack

Lord T: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lord-Thr...tar/whacked.png post whack

Staudie: Crud.. I do not have him...

Staudie: Well, no comic... Ah well.

Lord T: Dern...

Staudie: Anything you'd like to tell EB?

Lord T: I'd like to say thanks for putting up with the likes of me for all this time and

Lord T: I look forward to seeing what the ever evolving face of EB brings in future. So many great builders

Lord T: have come from the site I look forward to many more in the future.

Staudie: Thanks For your time Lord Thrawn! This was EB News Presents, now GET THE **** OUT OF MY CUBICLE! Ohhh, that's original...

So there you have it folks... Whatever it is.

*Signal Fades*

Edited by ImperialShadows

Another fun live interview Mr gud speler! :tongue: I like the Thawn pun, even if ImperialShadows didn't appreciate it! By the way, did he edit it this time?

:skull:

Nope, I had to stand in for IS again. Why are you always the first to reply? :wacko:

Stauder.

You must have been running out of people to pick me that's for sure. I'll get right on that picture of my lair though and I'll have some new creations to share with you soon enough.

Thanks again Staudie. :classic:

You must have been running out of people to pick me that's for sure.

Why would you say that?

There on to us... Abort the Interview, get R**m*r out of here!

Stauder.

Edited by Stauder

Maybe he has interviewed everybody on the site and is saving the interviews. I smell a conspiracy!!

Another great, funny interview (GFI for short). And, if he's interviewed everyone on the site, what happened to me? :cry_sad:

:wink:

Sniper target aquired. Fire?

Fire at will.

*Signal fades*

You will never catch me!! :sing:

You will never catch me!! :sing:

Too late, you are alredy in the matrix.

Lt. Col. Thok, that was your last warning. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Stauder.

Oh wait I didn't comment on the interview. Woops. Anyways it was a great interview but I wish there were bigger pictures of the avatars.

Edited for spam reasons.

Edited by PSPguy

NOOOOOOO!!! Is there candy? OOOOOOOOO!!!!! Do I get an army of PSPs? OOO!!! *breathe* OOOOO!! Ok I'm done.

Now that was just plain spammy... :hmpf_bad:

And EB News aint done yet. We still have some interesting people to let on. :wink: And one very annoying person...

Stauder.

Another great EB News! It's always nice to get to know another great member in EB! Hope to get to know you better, Lord Thrawn. I am going to search for the contest, which you and JoeM16 hosted. :sweet:

On a side note, EB Interviews is not going to be over or finished. Just stay tune for more upcoming exciting orignal installments! :wink:

Good stuff here, even if I did have to add some of my heckling after the fact. :tongue:

Thanks for joining us, what's-your-name, and for putting up with Staudie. :wink:

Staudie: And your moment of glory on EB?

Lord T: Definitely when JoeMI6 and I hosted the popular Create a Hero minifig contest back when the Batman

Lord T: sets just launched. I was blown away by how well it was taken.

Lord T: We got some great entries and it was inspirational for us as newbies in the LEGO online world

Lord T: to get so much input in our first contest venture

Lord T: remembering it all makes me want to get back into the action of contests...

Staudie: I belive I looked at that... I never found the entery topic tough...

Lord T: Oh damn, thats always a source of annoyance.

Loving the name dropping there LordT :wink:

Also, I'd like to say what a great idea this is Stauder and Imperial Shadows. Although we often hear what's on people's minds on the forums, it's quite interesting to see what really makes people tick. Keep up the great work?

Why are you always the first to reply? :wacko:

Well, I was waiting for someone else to reply but they didn't so I just did it. I don't know why I'm first, evidentely I spend too much time looking at recent topics. :tongue:

By the way, I'm looking forward to another live interview, it's a very interesting format. :thumbup:

:skull:

Another great live interview :thumbup:

Thanks to Lord Thrawn for his kindness in getting through all this :tongue: , and for the interesting replies.

And thanks to the Cast for bringing this to EB so soon after the previous one.

Keep them coming :thumbup:

LuxorV