Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

EB News Reviews: 7736 Quad Bike

index2.jpg

Hello everyone,

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Review. I'm your host, ImperialShadows, my not-so-lovely assistant is Stauder Staudie, and conducting this fascinating review will be our special reporter, WhiteFang. :sweet:

Name: Quad Bike

Theme: LEGO System / Town / City

Year: 2008

Pieces: 33

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$5.00

The featured set will be a 7736 Quad Bike, one of the smallest set in the CITY sub theme, Coast Guard. Please sit back and relax yourself, while we present to you a total new experience, with some actions. :wink:

*Camera Rolls*

1.jpg

Nice Work at the cleaners Staudie...

Hey! How should I know it was bleach?

Don't you ever read instructions?

2.jpg

It's... It's...

3.jpg

Coming right at me! Argh!

4.jpg

You gotta love him for the things he does

I think he is scared stiff

5.jpg

Ye think he's ok?

STAUDIE! Can you wake up? Our special guest is here. Quit messing around.

6.jpg

Don't try and pulled that stunt again!

You are in my way when I was making that fanastic stunt!

*Interviewing process*

This is a very cool little quad bike from the Coast Guards. We used it to patrol beach and coast, to make sure that everyone is safe. This quad bike is easy to navigate and is small to handle, especially in cutting corners. The blue flag represent us, Coast Guard protecter. We will reach at the scene at a lightning speed. Let me show you the seat.

8.jpg

Does this thing have keys?

Actually It doesnt even have a tachometer...

Let me try it out and I will let you know how fast it will really go.

9.jpg

Next, let me show you the key componets of my quad bike. It's a very simple design. What I love most about my bike is its unique orange mudguard on the front and back.

Where the heck did Staudie go?

10.jpg

There he is...

Run Li'll Vermin! RUN! :devil:

Ahhhhhhh!!! Help me!

We hardly knew thee...

12.jpg

That's all, everyone. I really hope you loved this interactive review brought to you by EB News Review. Overall, we felt that this set is best considered as a impulse set. A very good way to acquire more coast guards with helmet and visor. Therefore, we recommend to get it since it's not very dear (expensive, for you Americans).

Thanks for joining, hope to see you again soon with another EB News Review!

*Camera Fades*

Nice review. This was an impulse buy for me the first day Coast Guard appeared on the shelves. I agree, it's a nice way to collect Coast Guard minifigs.

I couldn't figure out the reason for the dimples in the fender pieces. Are those originally an Aquanauts piece or something?

One confusing typo in the review: "Therefore, we recommend to get it since it's not very dear" -- did you mean expensive? In French and perhaps other languages, these are the same word, hence my guess at the meaning. :blush:

Edited by Tenorikuma

Nice review. This was an impulse buy for me the first day Coast Guard appeared on the shelves. I agree, it's a nice way to collect Coast Guard minifigs.

Me too. In fact, this is my first Coast Guard set. :blush:

I couldn't figure out the reason for the dimples in the fender pieces. Are those originally an Aquanauts piece or something?

Which part are you referring to?

One confusing typo in the review: "Therefore, we recommend to get it since it's not very dear" -- did you mean expensive? In French and perhaps other languages, these are the same word, hence my guess at the meaning. :blush:

Yes, I used it to replace the word "expensive". Some people might misunderstand it. Glad you catch it right. :tongue:

Very nice Review, we have to work on the colours tough, but I suppose that is my mistake :tongue:

The next one will have the colours sorted out..

Stauder.

Excellent job to all the staff except Staudie, who tried to kill the guest... again. :hmpf_bad:

Haven't we had a talk about that before? :hmpf:

You said I could kill a guest once.

But that was a very specific guest, and this isn't him.

So I can only kill... *is whacked by a hammer that no one saw coming*

Ah, looks like he's sleeping on the job again, and just before he revealed something I didn't want publically known. What a coincidence, and man, that must have hurt. Too bad. :grin:

The next one will have the colours sorted out..

The next one? This one has already been nicely sorted out. :wink:

The next one? This one has already been nicely sorted out. :wink:

Ow my head....

I dont know who fixed the colours, you or WhiteFang, but before you where green, and WF was blue :tongue:WhiteFang will most likley be Gray.

Stauder.

What a clever review of a neat little set. I picked up one of these last week, but have not opened it yet. It reminds me a lot of World City set 7042, Dune Patrol released in 2004.

7042-1.jpg

I like the EB characters depicted in the review. Nice job! :thumbup:

This is not the first one, the first one was posted by me some months ago. I think it's in the Interview Index.

Stauder

Which part are you referring to?

The orange pieces above the wheels. Wheel guards? I'm not sure what they're called. But they have those funny round indents in them.

Good job on the review guys. Loved the back and forth talking!

About the Quad, I don't know if I'll purchase this one. I already have a maroon quad back from the Dinosaur sets.

The orange pieces above the wheels. Wheel guards? I'm not sure what they're called. But they have those funny round indents in them.

Ah yes, I have a few of those parts. I belive they are meant to be head lights, and for the sake of not making a new mould they used that peice.

Stauder.

Yes, I remember that Dino Attack set. It was great, and had more pieces than this, and that Dinosaur, and cost only like $3.50. I wish we saw more mainstream sets with that pricetag... :sadnew:

I wish i could post pics of my mod for this set its just so awesome! and i cant real explain it :hmpf_bad:

Nice reveiw! :thumbup:

Glad you guys enjoyed the second installment of EB News Reviews! :sweet:

What a clever review of a neat little set. I picked up one of these last week, but have not opened it yet. It reminds me a lot of World City set 7042, Dune Patrol released in 2004.

Yes, after looking at that picture. I find it similar as well, especially after you removed the blue flag and replaced it with the holder. Oh, glad you like the characters as well. Thought you guys can't recognised Staudie for his bleach shirt. But then again, who knows? :laugh:

great idea, making reviews in the EB News style! :thumbup:

Bernd, thanks! EB News Reviews is another fun and interactive way to present reviews as well. I am glad you like it! :blush:

I am not an expert on such stuff. As what the rest had pointed, I believed it's is part of the headlight design, which is not very obvious.

I wish i could post pics of my mod for this set its just so awesome! and i cant real explain it :hmpf_bad:

Hope to see your modify version. :wink:

Well Done Whitefang! Congrats on "jazzing up" a set review with the EB News Crew! It was hilarious especially seeing the Quad bike racing out of the box already assembled, now if i can just squeeze my way into the audience, or perhaps a cameo "Ice Scream Clone reporting!,lol Avatars045-1.jpg

Once again congrats on a great set review and i hope to see more! :classic::thumbup:

Edited by I Scream Clone

Well Done Whitefang! Congrats on "jazzing up" a set review with the EB News Crew! It was hilarious especially seeing the Quad bike racing out of the box already assembled, now if i can just squeeze my way into the audience, or perhaps a cameo "Ice Scream Clone reporting!,lol Avatars045-1.jpg

Once again congrats on a great set review and i hope to see more! :classic::thumbup:

He didn't jazz it up with us, We asked him to become part of EB News and do these interviews for us. And you just bought a one way ticket to the dumpster behind the studio.

So, infact, Whitefang is part of the EB News Crew. This he was since his interview, when we mentioned he is on the team now. It's that we didint publish this because our scriptwriter (me) was lazy.

Staudie.

Edited by Stauder

Well Done Whitefang! Congrats on "jazzing up" a set review with the EB News Crew! It was hilarious especially seeing the Quad bike racing out of the box already assembled, now if i can just squeeze my way into the audience, or perhaps a cameo

Thanks ISC. Glad you like it! Staudie had actually invited me to be part of the EB News Reviews. I am a very new member in their team. :tongue:

So, infact, Whitefang is part of the EB News Crew. This he was since his interview, when we mentioned he is on the team now. It's that we didint publish this because our scriptwriter (me) was lazy.

It's time for you to do more work! :devil:

Great review I just bought this set as well have not built it yet, I need to finish my new fire station first. But I may just throw it into my build for the heck of it.