Sign in to follow this  
rupi

MOC: O Mostrengo (Sea Monster)

indexed.gif

This is a mythical sea monster loosely based on the one described in "Os Lusiadas" portuguese epic poem by Camoes. A monster that lives in the sea and destroied many ships when trying to pass Cape of Good Hope. The name given to it was "Adamastor".

I choose the vikings to challenge it and it seems that they had no luck this time :devil:

Thanks for your comments.

o_mostrengo_01.jpg

o_mostrengo_02.jpg

o_mostrengo_04.jpg

See the BS folder.

Hey nice work Rupi, i especially like that hand and the small waves were it comes out the water!

The scared face and the debris make it a neat little scene, well done! :thumbup:

I actually saw this on BrickShelf yesterday. What a pleasant surprise that it was actually made by a fellow EB member!

I think it's really impressive! The seaweed, the flotsam and the movement of the water all add up important details to the monstrosity. The build of the monster is in itself really creative and working, but in my opinion it could use some variety of color to prevent looking like a stone statue rising from the water, if you know what I mean.

Maybe you should try to change the teeth white, and add some black, dark grey or brown details into the body. But these are just my suggestions for improvement, they might not work in your mind.

It's a great MOC, anyway! I've been planning to make a seamonster for a while now, but perhaps I'll get around to adding one to the sequel of Princess Quest... :wink:

I think this moc have room for improvement too I just don't know when I'll do it.

The head doesn't look completly like I wanted, but... (it was made almost exclusively with the pieces from an 7657, and for now I don't have much of a choice with grey pieces)

Edited by rupi

This is awesome, rupi! I love it, the face is awesomely monstrous, the debris and doomed Vikings make the scene a lot more livelier, or rather deadlier. I love the Viking in the treasure chest. :laugh:

Maybe you should try to change the teeth white, and add some black, dark grey or brown details into the body.

I dunno, I like the whole stone golem look of it. Besides, the teeth should be yellow with decay, not white. :grin:

Even as I spoke, an immense shape

Materialised in the night air,

Grotesque and enormous stature

With heavy jowls, and an unkempt beard

Scowling from shrunken, hollow eyes

Its complexion earthy and pale,

Its hair grizzled and matted with clay,

Its mouth coal black, teeth yellow with decay.

~Peace

Well done on a really impressive Sea Monster design. The moving water is cool and the characters really bring this scene alive! :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is really excellent, i like the building techniques but also the overall look of the monster is very lifelike and fearsome :thumbup:

This is one of the best sea monster designs I've ever seen :thumbup: . Those poor vikings.

Just one question though, is the monster supposed to be made of stone or flesh, or something totally different?

Once again, Great MOC!

Not the Vikings!!!! :cry_sad: Great MOC though, I love the detail in the monster. The hand reminds me of the Chum Bucket's hand. ( holding on to the bucket ). The seaweed is also great. I think this is the best sea monster I've ever seen.

Very nice work, here! :thumbup:

I like the hight detailed face and hand of the monster, and specially the poor viking trying to escape to his fingers :tongue: The whole scene really looks like if it's going to become alive in any moment :sweet:

A really intimidating and different looking sea monster! I like the way you've posed him, the whole scene looks alive and quite traumatic. I kind of like the stone look it has, but if that's not really what you're going for, Sandy's suggestion for adding more colours is a good idea.

Good use of those plant sprues!

HiThi is a nice moc I love the snot it boggles the mind :wacko:. Can you show me a forest man version of the monster?

******KAKLE******

A really intimidating and different looking sea monster! I like the way you've posed him, the whole scene looks alive and quite traumatic. I kind of like the stone look it has, but if that's not really what you're going for, Sandy's suggestion for adding more colours is a good idea.

Good use of those plant sprues!

HiThi is a nice moc I love the snot it boggles the mind :wacko:. Can you show me a forest man version of the monster?

******KAKLE******

Thank's :classic:

The intention was to make it look made of stone, that's why I used only gray (and if I had more gray I would make it bigger but...)

About the forest version, humm... it would be a tree monster, like the walking trees in the LOTR :wink:

Wow looks great!!I love how it has that statue come to life look! The hand looks great, as does the fact that it is decked out in moss, well done!