Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

Hospital de la Santa Maria

indexed.gif B-PV-1C

Well guys, I finished the hospital the other week. I've been busy at work so only uploaded it now (it's currently dismantled).

The background was something I threw together to give a nice backdrop to photograph - I realise it's not that great but it was supposed to be permenantly out of focus. Unfortunately, it was difficult to photogaph this because it was a really sunny day and I couldn't quite get the light right - some look too dark. But I've learned from this experience.

It's presented to you on Flickr - MOCpages keeps uploading only some of my pictures (and even then some it randomly duplicates). I'll post MOCs there in future - once this problem is solved.

Anyway, feedback is desired. :classic:

Overall shot:

2701108205_13fa9c2ca4_o.jpg

The medical helicopter landing:

2701106087_454b9eb200_o.jpg

The receptionist:

2701101631_eaa61b47b2_o.jpg

A few patients sharing a conversation - a new mother and an elderly patient:

2701919416_592b250cbd_o.jpg

Great job, I flipped through your brickshelf, and for all those looking, there's alot of great sides to this model not shown here. I like the fact that it's not blocky, but has wings, differing roof elevations and angles, etc. Brilliant job modeling people sitting in bed. I will definately use that trick some time.

Two suggestions for improvements. Some of the interiors are rather sparse and could benefit from cabinets, sinks, computers, housplants, seating, etc. Also, the very top roof is a bit bare, perhaps it could use a small edge wall, atennas, perhaps an A/C unit or some vents.

Edited by Eilif

I love the interior of your hospital very much! The beds are a great innovative idea. I will be stealing that using that for inspiration. :blush: I'll be sure to give you credit. Nice work! :sweet:

This is a great MOC Basiliscus!

It really looks like a well-designed classic town set. I agree with Hinckley, the beds are very nice.

The shape of the building is interesting, the angles are good.

Well done! :thumbup:

Great work! I love the interior- the reception area is complete with a clock, a desk, and a sitting bench. I absolutely love the way you made the beds to replicate the legs underneath the sheets. :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a very nice hospital!

I also like the unusual (for Lego) angles you made in this building using those hinges, beautiful stairs as well!

Those beds are really hospital like: in a generally white surrounding with the nice legs-underneath-the-blanket-feeling!

Good job!

:thumbup:

Very nice hospital, Basiliscus! :wub:

I always love to see hospital MOCs, because TLC failed to give us a real hospital with detailed interior so far.

I like the unusual shape of the building, you have cleverly worked out the walls to fit to the baseplate.

But the best detail is the two patients in their beds (despite they have mixed genders rooms? :oh: ). Congrats on that! The bed sheet of the male patient is great. The baby seems to have a hydrocephalus though. :wink:

Do you have more pics of the interior?