Sign in to follow this  
Yloquen

Gloom Keep

indexed.gif

Hello guys, I'm kind of new to LEGO. Got started a few months ago after a dark age of probably 15 years :) I've played only with clone brands as a kid (some of them vastly inferior). Anyway, Castle being one of my favorite themes I would like to present this MOC:

1216562208_DISPLAY.jpg

One more image at MOCPages

Hi and welcome to EB :classic:

May I suggest that you introduce yourself in the "Hello my name is"-subforum?

Good to see someone return from the dark ages, and at the same time presenting a nice MOC. Interesting colour scheme, and you've put those big <insert that tiresome argument> pieces to good use. :thumbup:

Well done lad! :thumbup: I especially like the "ribs" on the columns, although I'm not too sure about the pearl slopes on the tops...

And it's good to see a non-straight dragon breath for once :cry_happy:

Have you got any more pictures?

And how ironic that there is a skeleton chained to the gates of a skeleton castle :tongue:

First off, I just want to wish you welcome to Eurobricks and especially amongst us Castle-fans from my behalf as well!

As for the MOC, it's has some impressive building techniques, even more so for a fresh builder like yourself! I've just recovered from about ten years of life without LEGO, and it sometimes feels I'm learning how to walk again with my bricks. :blush:

I love the angle you've taken the photo, makes the castle all the more imposing!

Welcome to the forums.

And that MOC looks great, but you have an opportunity to use much more detail. It is your choice whether you use the space or not though. :wink:

That's the dragon that comes with some of the 2007 and 2008 castle sets. King's Castle Siege and Skeleton Tower each come with that red and black dragon, and the Troll Ship one has a green dragon. Personally, I think they're awesome, but opinions vary...some people prefer the old dragons, and some don't like the fantasy stuff at all.

A hearty welcome to EB and off to a nice start! Nice angle on the photography by the way! Really gives the Dragon an impressive view! and makes it appear quite intimidating.

The Castle itself looks good, and perhaps some details on the ground and interior will help to complement the MOC further!

Well done Yloquen :thumbup:

Mooncheese, The Black/ Red dragons are different from 7093 and 7094, they have reversed the colours on them etc

Edited by I Scream Clone