Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Foyk Castle

As usual you display great skill, lovely castle. :classic:

I'll probably write some more about favourite details etc, but for now I just had to say that I like it very much, it's very impressive :wub:

I always enjoy seeing your castles, and this one is my favourite yet. :wub:

Excellent landscaping and vegetation... that tree on the right is particularly nice. The castle itself is a beauty, its shape is really cool and interesting looking, and the transition between the rocks and the structure is very nicely done. I also like the little drawbridge in the center, and the wooden hourd is a neat touch.

Really, really great work. :thumbup: Thanks for sharing!

Well done DNL, I really appreciate all the small detailing that went into this Castle (hope you dont mind if i copy some techniques in future as im still learning all about detailing walls etc)

The trees look great as does the SNOT mountains! :thumbup:

Im guessing the brown building is a mess hall and the Tudor house is accomadation?

Thanks for sharing a great creation! :classic:

Very impressive, I like the cabins on top. :classic: And the flowers at the bottom are nice as well, way better than just a plain field. And the trees are very well- done. :thumbup:

Stunning. I like the crenellation up top. In fact, I think we need some kind of centralized resource showing nice examples of different kinds of crenellation. :laugh:

Just saw this over at The Brothers-Brick. Awesome job DNL! I've seen you're work on Flickr, I think, and I've been impressed! I love foliage, it's "growth" from out of the rocks, and the different pieces of the castle itself. Awesome job in all!

This is really a masterpiece! You sure know all the building techniques required, that's for sure. You use the exact right pieces in the exact right places. The field outside the castle is exceptional, and the structure itself is very complex and interesting. I'd love to know how you did the diagonal wall with the drawbridge in the center. With a hinge-brick?

But the one thing I love about this castle the most is the scale. It's just the right size for the minifigs and the accessories. Huge castles may look impressive because of their sheer size, but often most of them are just empty space and blank brick wall. I much prefer a stylish smaller castle like this.

So you've done a fantastic job, in my opinion!

Realy great castle! I also like the guy in the river, it makes for a nice humerous touch to such a beautiful MOC!

i wish i could make trees like that...

perfect IMO, love the tudor design and the wooden "shed"

may i ask how you have done the upper windows?

Regards Cpt. PB

1 word: WOW :oh::oh:

I Love al those details!!

Your castle's are every time GREAT

Where do you learn this stuff? :grin:

I have one silly question: Is that thing on the water a swan?? :grin:

Undersigned MoWo

Thanks for the compliments everyone :sweet:

Im guessing the brown building is a mess hall and the Tudor house is accomadation?

The brown part is a hoard.

I'd love to know how you did the diagonal wall with the drawbridge in the center. With a hinge-brick?

yes, i used hinge bricks.

may i ask how you have done the upper windows?

Here is a close up of the window. I used half of this part:3680c02.jpg and some trans 1x1 plates.

Where do you learn this stuff?

On the internet :tongue:

I have one silly question: Is that thing on the water a swan??

Yes, but it doesn't look very good on the picture.

DNL, excellent piece of Castle work! :thumbup:

I had always watched out for your Castle MOCs, and without fail this certainly impressed me very much! The size of the castle is massive and wonderful, filled with different sections in your castle compound.

The landscaping is beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing it with us. :sweet:

Ah, another beautiful MOC, when I think of castle building, you are one of my big inspirations good sir! :sweet:

Your landscaping is outstanding, really something a newish builder like me is aiming for one day. I particularly like your use of parts to make the vegetable garden, and for that matter, there are some sweet designs on those windows, both the lower ones and the stained glass ones further up. Those trees are great, I wish I could build brick-built trees like that. :wub: Also of note to me is the use of trans-blue bricks for the stream rather than plain blue ones. It gives a nice effect, perhaps I shall try that sometime.

The rock face looks great with that smooth, studless look, and a very nice transition between that and the brickwork of the castle proper. Really, it just all looks great!

So, a big :thumbup: from me, and definitely looking forward to more. :classic:

:wub: Very nice, DNL. I love how the castle is actually built into the rock. And not just hat, but there is a waterfall flowing through it. :sweet:The architecture of the towers are stunning too, and the wooden house looks great, you've really made brown/frown work well together there. The little bridge connecting the towers is very neat too. Your vegetation as always looks stunning, and I especially love the carrot garden, very nice indeed.

Great work as usual DNL. :thumbup:

Yes I have to agree with everybody. It is a great piece of art. The technique on the drawbridge is the same as my Wyvern head and the jaw attchment. I don't htink you can see it but it is OH I'm NOT going to spoil it. It's not a hinge plate.

I raelly like the sand green slope I don't htink its been used next to water to look like moss(on mountains but not water).

I could be wrong. The drawbricge corner wall can't teell if closes all the way? Does it go under the cylinder cone or does it(drawbridge) stick out? This would be my only concern.

Forgot a concern- Are those border jumpers or visa holders pickin' the veggies?

Having had time to look better at it I have found lots of neat stuff I like, such as the goblins sneaking in the grass, the great arches over some of the windows, the swan, the farmers harvesting vegetables, and the turntable plates used for the stained glass windows :wub:

But my favourite detail is without a doubt the troll/zombie/whatever he is courting the lady. :laugh:

Thanks for the compliments everyone :sweet:

The brown part is a hoard.

Consider me further educated! Cheers

Now that i have had time to digest all the small details, im even more impressed!

Those stain glass windows are a marvel of design! :classic:

The treasure trove is classic.

Tending the vege patch (creepiest heads of cabbage ever :laugh: )

Cool drawbridge and arch detailing too

man i could go on all day. :wink:

Zombie courting the princess, Priceless!

Once again thanks for sharing!

Edited by I Scream Clone