Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Fabuland Riverbank

builders_guild.gifindexed.gif

Thanks to Mister Hinckley for the door and Pirates :thumbup:

Loosely based on Ratty's house from The Wind in the Willows.

2602061712_bd05879fc0_o.jpg

2601233487_f5f40b363b_o.jpg

2601233735_cebbb803c8_o.jpg

Cheese!

2602061838_7e2fb27fa3_o.jpg

2602062114_a62efc5d1c_o.jpg

Fire lights up...

2601234081_48ff8327c1_o.jpg

With friends...

2601233983_a5284b16ea_o.jpg

:classic:

eeps, L please.

It's a keeper. I love all your work, but have never commented on it (I think) Quite multicolored, but you pulled it off!

The autumn-like tree adds a great touch to it, and I love the way it grows around the window. Nice job!

How about a pic of someone tripping over that chimney that seems to have come out of nowhere?

This house looks real superb with the SNOT technique. The big sturdy tree looks very nice with its autumn looks. I find the different combinations of colors at the front matches very well. The interior of the rooms look very tidy and neat. It give me a very cosy feeling. I really love it very much. Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

Awesome MOC, Sly Owl! A very innovative house.

Good :thumbup: job!

Love the Wind in the Willows, love the job you did here!

A seriously fun MOC with a touch of the Fabuland Edge, if I'm seeing it correctly. Would that be a tiny mousetrap, in our dear Ratty's home? :laugh:

Oh look, there I am between the tree and Cheddar Cow. It's pronounced Shay-dar, she says. :hmpf:

(it's all these cheese comments lately) :grin:

Thank you for another delightful addition to the Fabuland Builder's Guild!

Another work of art from you Slyowl. Lovely little mouse trap you have there, very simple yet it works quite well. The autumn tree is just superb too!

My internet is messing up so I couldn't see the pictures in your post, but I found them on Flickr... It really is a lovely (first time I've used that word) creation. The house is built 'into the ground' very cleverly, and I like the Fabuland edge you gave it... Mousetrap, hehe :tongue:

Well done, I like it!

By the way, what does FBG mean?

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

By the way, what does FBG mean?

Fabuland Builder's Guild, of course!

builders_guild.gif

Fabuland Builder's Guild, of course!

builders_guild.gif

Ahhhh... I thought Fabuland Builders Guild at first, but obviosuly my brain wasn't in gear because I thought, no that doesn't stand for FBG... :wacko::sceptic:

:skull:

This is really beautiful. Especially the tree.

So often, MOCs are 'summer only' using the greenery that comes in the sets.

But this...the colors are great and make it feel like fall.

The nice house underneath with roots sticking out is all frosting on the cake of that tree.

-Tohst

Never made the connection between Fabuland and Wind in the Willows before... Simple & genius at the same time and very nicely put together. Great build.

Cheers

Rog

Thankyou! :cry_happy:

It's a keeper.

That's the problem. My extremely limited collection means that I'll have to destroy it to build anything else, yet I'm rather fond of it :cry_sad: But the show must go on: I'll smash it tomorrow, and then on with the show!

A seriously fun MOC with a touch of the Fabuland Edge, if I'm seeing it correctly. Would that be a tiny mousetrap, in our dear Ratty's home? :laugh:

Oh look, there I am between the tree and Cheddar Cow. It's pronounced Shay-dar, she says. :hmpf:

(it's all these cheese comments lately) :grin:

Ratty? I think he's a mouse - I can't shake off the negative connotations of rats, even if it is a water rat. I've also got something against voles for some reason...but it doesn't really matter :grin:

And that's not you! It's the guy standing on the weird floating concrete block from my prize -

class-small-prize.jpg

:tongue:

And someone needs to do a bit of indexing... :wink:

So often, MOCs are 'summer only' using the greenery that comes in the sets.

But this...the colors are great and make it feel like fall.

Side effect. I only have 7 large and 3 small leaf pieces, so I had to improvise... :classic:

Never made the connection between Fabuland and Wind in the Willows before... Simple & genius at the same time and very nicely put together. Great build.

I feel that TWITW is Fabuland to the core. On the surface, it is the carefree lives of pragmatic creatures who are at one with nature, but there is a dark undertone - the Wild Wood. Also, Kenneth Grahame introduced the Ferrets and Stoats after he was assaulted by a psychotic, which left him severely traumatised - there is a more serious edge to the theme. Yet there is magic and mystery - when the baby otter is lost, Ratty and Moley find him sitting with Pan.

It also was an influence on Brian Jaques' Redwall series (which is also alike to Fabuland - we've seen a fair amount of contrast between battles and peace :laugh: ), in particular the characters of the badgers. Badger from TWITW is a fierce fighter and deadly serious, which is reflected in the Bloodwrath in Jaques' books. Yet he is loyal and has a love for children, which is shown again in Redwall, with badgers such as Lord Urthwyte and Constance.

And you come from Welwyn? I go to school in Potter's Bar! :tongue:

And that's not you! It's the guy standing on the weird floating concrete block from my prize -

class-small-prize.jpg

:tongue:

To this day I haven't figured out what Phessy intended with that. I like to think it's an iceberg and the whole crew is WAY off course. :wacko:

He's got my face and hat. Therefore, it's me! :tongue:

I update the index biweekly, or monthly, whichever comes last. :laugh:

I love it! :wub: I have to buy some fabuland charcters on ebay! the pic where he's holding the knife is kind of creepy :tongue:

This is one of my Guild favorites so far. I'd explain further but I'm very ill... :cry_sad:

Awesome job! :sweet:

Thankyou! :cry_happy:

That's the problem. My extremely limited collection means that I'll have to destroy it to build anything else, yet I'm rather fond of it :cry_sad: But the show must go on: I'll smash it tomorrow, and then on with the show!

You? A small collection? I wouldn't of guessed! I hope to have some fabuland builds, but I sadly have no figures. Where do they come from?