Matija

City of Pula Wind Orchestra

indexed.gif B-V-7E

Here is my tribute to the 15th birthday of my hometown's orchestra which I am still a part of (at least officially, since I now have several thousands metric reasons not to be able to be very active there :sad: ). 

uc_002.jpg_thumb.jpg z_orig01.jpg_thumb.jpg

So far, the back two rows are almost finished, and the plan is to have everything done quite soon. The final version will have 60-70 people and I will try to match the minifigs to the real persons as much as I can... it is hard with so many people that started losing hair, though, so there I have to make each time a binary decision :tongue: . If someone is wondering, I'm the guy at the bass drum  :grin:

Oh, and there will be a women choir behind :wink: .

EDIT: Now it is done, see post #13 in the thread.

P.S. More on the uniforms in the MCW-forum.

Edited by Phred

Those have to be the best brick built instruments I have ever seen :oh:

Those have to be the best brick built instruments I have ever seen :oh:
I can only 2nd that - that´s amazing, well done :sweet:! The horns, string instruments ... all look great :thumbup:!

copmike

Fantastic looking instruments and fantastic looking uniforms.

I expect to see them perform at LWN09 ;)

What are the chances you can make a thread featuring just pics of the instruments? I am wanting to make a plka band and have been struggling wih how to make the horns. You have some great ideas here.

AH!!! Extremly well done! :)

I was looking close at the instrument and tried to deside wich I think was best made. But they ALL are best made :D

Looking forward to see it finished with choir and all.

Glad you like it :)

To meschepers: As soon as I'm finished with the whole thing (hopefully in a few days or so), I will make closeup pictures as well, probably not in a separate thread though as I don't think that would be any point in doing that. The horns themselves are a bit tricky, the way I've done it now works fine as long as people sit, but if I make them stand, I'm afraid they will fall to the ground  :cry_sad:

But I'm finally happy with the saxophones! Coming soon  :laugh:

Simply Brilliant!

I've been wanting to build a minifig scale double bass for a while, and I think I've found it.

Perhaps my brickworld seashore module needs a jazz combo...

jipay is right.

Best brick-built instruments

EVER!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What can I add to this thread.

great instruments and a very nice moc.

...and, done! Details remain, after that is done I will post closeup-pictures as well :)

pogp.jpg_thumb.jpg

Trivia: the piece we are playing here is actually John Williams' Raiders March... the specially arranged choir version  :wink:

...and, done! Details remain, after that is done I will post closeup-pictures as well :)

pogp.jpg_thumb.jpg

Trivia: the piece we are playing here is actually John Williams' Raiders March... the specially arranged choir version  :wink:

excellent! very clever instruments! i play the viola myself, and have played Raiders March (solo). Have you played the Jurassic Park theme? its pretty great.

Very cool Matija! Fantastic brick built instruments, and a certainly interesting idea, building a real band with each mini-fig representing a real person. That really is wonderful. Those trumpets are great, do you plan on building the piano as well?

If it isn't too much, could we please get a better view of the drum-kit alone? I myself would love to see how you've built it. :sweet:

~Peace

EDIT: Oh, is this yours? I hadn't realised you'd finished.

Edited by iamded

These wonderful minifigs deserve a decent concert hall!

Oh no no no no... I know where this is going... forget it! ;)

To iamded - there will be closeup pictures, I promise (including the drum-kit).

As promised, more pictures can be now found here. Hope it is close enough to be able to see the main idea (and if some things are still hidden, well, it only makes it more interesting :grin: ).

Wow very impressive, great imagination on the instrumentation part of it, what you got out of a couple of bricks simply astounds me.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

That's awesome! I espacially love the tuba's (are they called like that in english?). How many sets and which ones exactly did you need for the girls choir? I gues it must have been many :tongue: And i assume the green torsos are "stickers", am i right? One last question where did you get the printed "flute" piece? Or did you paint it yourself?

That's awesome! I espacially love the tuba's (are they called like that in english?). How many sets and which ones exactly did you need for the girls choir? I gues it must have been many :tongue: And i assume the green torsos are "stickers", am i right? One last question where did you get the printed "flute" piece? Or did you paint it yourself?

I'll be a bastard and reply to this :tongue:

a) he bought the girls choir from a Bricklink shop

b) yes, the green torsos are stickers, see this thread in the MCW forum for more information.

c) the flute piece comes from 4706 Forbidden Corridor (a Harry Potter set)

That is Sweet, great idea how about that concert hall or a band shell for them to play in?

Well, he's already built a certain theater where they in theory could play. (Though, then we wouldn't be able to see them, which would be too bad. :sceptic:)

Thanks :) Quarryman already answered to most of the questions (while I was writing it myself, how rude! :tongue: ). As for tubas, there are both tubas and euphoniums in the orchestra.

...and, newsflash!

my LEGO orchestra had recently its first real concert, together with the real one! Both the real orchestra and the audience loved it :) For the latter I'll have to believe what people told me since I was behind playing :grin: .

(sorry, the text in the newspaper is only available in Croatian)