4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Over the course of June, I will be reviewing MOCs and sets, mostly Bionicle. So here we go with my first one, Antroz.

Set name: Antroz

Number: 8691

Pieces: 53

Price: Origianly $9.99, now $12.99

Colors: Black, dark red, mixed, silver, translucent blue, transparent orange, gray, bright red.

Allegiance: Makuta

Series: Phantoka

Box:

Finally we don't have to call it a box anymore like the Mahri. Instead it is an actual canister. Lets look...

dscn0244.jpg

As you can see, the can has a plastic red piece on it. The can image is split into minisections. Lego symbol, info, hazard, and main picture.

dscn0245.jpg

Back view.

Removing the tape...

dscn0246.jpg

The can has no real lid, but instead has a plastic top that stays on extremel well.

Parts:

I had a pic of the new parts, but it seems to be missing...

Parts coming out:

dscn0247.jpg

All parts:

dscn0248.jpg

Build:

I was very happy when I found that their was a new torso. It's bulky, but It's fine. :classic: The ribcage is cool, and it can hold the "bomb"

dscn0252.jpg

The legs are normal for a makuta, and the same as a piraka's.

dscn0253.jpg

The arms are okay, but are too similar to the legs.

dscn0254.jpg

Add on the wings, head, connecter, and sweet mask, finish with the pod, and then he is complete!

dscn0256.jpg

Here is a back view, (forgot the peg for matoran), and as you can see, the way how to shoot the pod.

dscn0257.jpg

And a pose!

dscn0258.jpg

--------------------------

Parts: 8/10(could have a bit more useful)

Price per part: 7/10 (but average for a bionicle)

Playability: 9/10(it's an action figure folks)

Color: 10/10 (getting a bit old however)

Overall: 85% 34/40

Nice review :thumbup: ! Looks like a good set!

Yep, you´re right, the legs and arms look a little too similar.... beside this it´s a pretty demonical looking guy for sure!

Hmm, it´s a little annoying that the head´s never that good painted like on the box art, though. Thanks for the nice review, ~VBBN~. :classic:

Edited by Asuka

Nice review :thumbup: ! Looks like a good set!

Thanks! And it is a great set, second only to chirox(review today) for the Phantoka Makuta.

Yep, you´re right, the legs and arms look a little too similar.... beside this it´s a pretty demonical looking guy for sure!

Hmm, it´s a little annoying that the head´s never that good painted like on the box art, though. Thanks for the nice review, ~VBBN~. :classic:

I agree with the box art thing. His original mask from the magazine was better(silver and black one)

went on a splurge a bit ago and i was pleased with all of them. i like how the wings can be posed w/out messing up the arms

nice review

jifel

Coming into money a little, I picked up this guy and a few other similar sets.

Y'know, they're pretty decent, parts-wise. The same can't be said for the good guys, but the bad guys are worth their price.

If I were a kid, I'd be loving this set as the intended model.

And that's a feeling I haven't had with Bionicle for like... well, ever lol.

The weapon function on these bad guys is also superior, as the cannons the good guys carry are utter JUNK.

I'm not likin' these packages at all. Why couldn't they at least have had the cages connect to each other?!? How awesome (and profitable for Lego) would it have been if you could buy five of the same guy and have the cages be a connected landscape?

As it is, I just have them sitting all over the place, doing literally nothing. (Do they even stand up on their own?!?)

Thanks for the review. :thumbup:

Antroz is by far my favorite of the Makuta this year. I'm loving almost everything about him, except for the lack of lower torso armor. :tongue:

The weapon function on these bad guys is also superior, as the cannons the good guys carry are utter JUNK.

From a MOC'ers point of view - yes, most certainly. But from a roleplayer's point of view, the Midak Skyblasters are far superior to any of the previous launchers we have had, for two reasons:

1. They store the zamors right inside the launcher, so they don't fall out.

2. They look plain cool - a lot cooler than the zamor rapidfire racks.

I think you might be more pleased with the summer launchers, Jinzo - word has it that you actually build them out of multiple parts. Might be at least one good one in that construction. :wink: